Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2015, 18:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: October 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 7th November 2015 at 13:51.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th November 2015, 12:36   #47
BHPian

Was really curious to find out how much the Baleno dents the i20 and / or the Swift. Guess I'll have to wait for November's figures (without reading too much into the 3.33 % and 5.84 % drop in the Swift's and i20's respective sales figures from September).

On a somewhat unrelated note,

Dear Mods, Please come through with the review for the Baleno.
Old 7th November 2015, 13:55   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
Are the Fiesta and classic still on sale? The October numbers say 16 units dispatched to dealers.
These would be old stock pieces that have somehow found homes now (employees, dealers etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Point is well made. However, Ford was, and continued to be perceived as, a manufacturer with product packaging skill not at par with Jap/Korean competitors. Drive quality, their major strength, is at best an intangible and not easy to sell in a still to mature market.
Well, Ford is now going mass market. Drive quality is no longer a strength / USP of the Figo & Aspire whose suspension tune is similar to that of a Maruti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Any idea how well the Celerio Diesel sells?
Don't have absolute numbers, but it's a flop. Maruti is very concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srikanthan View Post
With a Vento in garage and a possibility of getting cheated by the emission scandal (still not sure if my car is in the hit-list) I looked into the VW numbers.

Surprised to see nil dent (is it?) in the sales numbers.
The masses in India don't care about emissions or safety. Did the 0 star NCAP tests have any effect on sales? Nope. Ours isn't a mature market in that sense.
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 22:49   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Was really curious to find out how much the Baleno dents the i20 and / or the Swift. Guess I'll have to wait for November's figures (without reading too much into the 3.33 % and 5.84 % drop in the Swift's and i20's respective sales figures from September).
Today happened to pass by Kalyani Nexa in JP Nagar, Bangalore twice during different times of the day. People were flocking to the showroom like honey bees in bee hive on both these occasion. Nexa showroom itself wasn't ready to welcome such huge footfall, with no parking place for so many visitors. Am sure Baleno is gonna rule the charts in the months to come. Eagerly looking forward to the numbers in November.
Indian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 01:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Today happened to pass by Kalyani Nexa in JP Nagar, Bangalore twice during different times of the day. People were flocking to the showroom like honey bees in bee hive on both these occasion. Nexa showroom itself wasn't ready to welcome such huge footfall, with no parking place for so many visitors. Am sure Baleno is gonna rule the charts in the months to come. Eagerly looking forward to the numbers in November.
Completely Agree. On my last visit to NEXA (St Marks Road) the RM told me that they each have a target of 15 Balenos and 6 S-Crosss (not sure how to spell the plural) a month. They have a staff of about 20 Sales Executives, so as an outlet they have a target of about 300 Balenos a month. Not quite sure if one could apply this to all NEXA outlets, but hypothetically if you were to, then that's a target of about 30,000 Balenos a month (assuming there are approximately 100 NEXA outlets at the moment).

The same math applied to the S-Cross would mean they have a target 12,000 cars but achieve only 3000-3500. I.e. 25-30 % target achievement. But that very conservative standard (conservative because the Baleno is not only better value for money than the S-Cross, it's also arguably the best in its class), the Baleno would achieve a sales figure of about 7500-9000 units.
Jeevith is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 07:47   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Verna is a good car. Why does not it sell in the first 20?

And is Hyundai doing something to increase the sales of this car or have they surrendered to City?
I think Verna has reached its shelf life. It looks dated as compared to the City and the Ciaz. Ciaz is way spacious in the lot and City (Petrol) is a fun drive car. Minor tweeks here and there cannot bring customers to the showrooms.

I'm sure Hyundai has plans to revive this brand in the coming months to come.
MercFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 14:34   #52
BHPian

Some stunning numbers:

Gypsy - 586!!!! Read that again. After 20 years and zero changes, still selling close to 600.
Trailblazer - I'm pleasantly surprised at 74. Thought would be under 40 for an outdated and overpriced SUV.
What wrong with buyers - Indica and Vista both selling more than Bolt and Zest??
Mighty impressed with Kwid.
Khushrav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 15:13   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khushrav View Post
Some stunning numbers:

Gypsy - 586!!!! Read that again. After 20 years and zero changes, still selling close to 600.
After bringing out a blockbuster like Baleno, can we expect Suzuki to bring back its Gypsy, in a modern powerful and modern format, with all kinds of modern gadgets thrown in.

There should be no reason why an 'All New' Gypsy cannot top the sales in its segment.
Old 9th November 2015, 22:31   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Dzire sales stats is something that is surprising. Not because of the numero one position but the numbers keep going high despite new launches.

Initially, Amaze was tipped to dent the Dzire sales especially since it has the Honda brand name, then it was Xcent because of good Servicing network and other advantages, then the Zest for its features and VFM tag and then Aspire and now the Baleno which is coming from the same stable as Dzire. But they didn't affect Dzire numbers at all.

Dzire: 24502
Amaze + Xcent + Zest + Aspire + Baleno = 21868

Baleno is in a different segment, but still many felt that Baleno will affect Dzire numbers.

And the Dzire numbers is higher than the 3rd placed Mahindra as well.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2015, 10:18   #55

Hi,

I am just re-iterating what the other fellows have shared earlier.

Superb Analysis !!

However, would it be possible to also look at service data (Service Market Share) of the manufacturers ? You may look to add some basic information as well, viz., availability of dealers (Network foot print), standard charges, CSI studies etc.

Finally, could you also do a similar report on the financing vs. out right purchase which could include the financial institutions figures as well ? This can help the community to understand a perspective as well. May also choose to add the leasing figures as well.

Thanks,
Abhijeet
Old 10th November 2015, 14:06   #56
BHPian

For the first time ever Ford has a contemporary line up and it's no longer reliant on a single product. This will only improve after the brand new Endeavour is launched.
Old 10th November 2015, 20:22   #57
BHPian

Great sales analysis as always.

Looks like the entry of new kid kwid didn't make a difference to Alto or Eon sales...intact the sales nos for those increased partly due to festive season and partly may be due to the long wait times for kwid. I guess Renault themselves have to be blamed. After a great pre-launch marketing stint they should have planned for higher production nos even so after seeing the booking nos. something in the order of 10-12k at least.

Maruthi and Hyundai show an increase yet again. Creta is consistently being sold out to the manufacturing capacity and on the flip side S-Cross is slipping down.

On the other hand it's good to see Mahindra and Ford being consistent on their sales nos.

I guess it will be curtains down for Chevy soon unless they restrategize their methods in this market.

Honda Jazz is on the downward trend and it would be interesting to see the Baleno effect next month. It goes to show that Honda has got the pricing wrong yet again. They are being saved by City.
thatsdileep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 14:24   #58

Great analysis!
Contrary to the popular belief, I think Maruti will be concerned with a drop in the market share to 45.73% in October from 48.8% in August. That is a drop of 3% when the market has grown. I don't know if this happens because of the festive season when people in general buy a lot and hence buy cars from other manufacturers as well.

In my opinion, Hyundai and Honda will be very happy with their sales figures, especially with those cars that compete directly with Maruti cars. For example, Maruti sold 24,502 units of Dzire, against 6971 units of Amaze Honda sold in the month of October. But if you consider cars sold per dealer, Honda (248 dealers) sold 28.11 cars per dealer to that of Maruti (933 dealers), which sold 26.26 cars per dealer.

Of course Maruti sells many more cars than Swift, Dzire, WagonR and Alto. Hence they can easily compensate the ‘cars per dealer’ figure with other cars.

dealers number source - wikipedia
Attached Thumbnails
October 2015 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-cars_per_dealer.png  

free_will is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 15:23   #59
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_will View Post
In my opinion, Hyundai and Honda will be very happy with their sales figures, especially with those cars that compete directly with Maruti cars. For example, Maruti sold 24,502 units of Dzire, against 6971 units of Amaze Honda sold in the month of October. But if you consider cars sold per dealer, Honda (248 dealers) sold 28.11 cars per dealer to that of Maruti (933 dealers), which sold 26.26 cars per dealer.
Going by this logic, Maruti will be happy that they sold 3K units of SCross from ~80 NEXA outlets (~37 cars per dealer) while Hyundai sold 7.2K units of Creta from ~400 outlets (~18 cars per dealer).

IMO, dealer-wise, this type of calculation will be applicable, but company-wise, it doesn't matter.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 16:09   #60
BHPian

Desire - I always wonder if this car was from any other manufacturer, would this have sold in those many numbers?
I agree that other car in this segment has some or the other major 'con', (Xcent - engine/steering, Amaze - Interiors, Zest - Tata) but still, just a 'refined engine', 'better ride quality' and 'maruti service' is enough to make people to buy in BIG numbers? What about the 'rear space' and 'boot space (or lack of it)'? people does not look into these factors while buying in this segment?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks