Team-BHP - The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/170197-tata-nexon-now-launched-rs-5-85-lakhs-60.html)

All the thoughts that have been meandering the past few months whether to wait, or bite the bullet with S Cross 1.6, and this GST news of Creta/XUV price reduction, and then the teasers of Nexon getting spotted here, tailed there. Total Heart Burn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil994 (Post 4229608)
Just came across this on twitter! Guess the media drive is not far away now!

Finally looks like the wait is nearing its end. The beats got high, and in that high, I messaged the friend who had borrowed money from me to keep the amounts ready as I would be asking shortly.

And then came the dawn of the recent launches from Tata and the delays for the cars to hit the roads. Knowing Tata, I don't discount on the fact that we may not see a Nexon on road till November.

I will wait. Will just pray that Tata keep the top-end diesel loaded and price it sensibly.

It is coming soon guys!

Maybe as early as next month.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...t-2319971.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vish_Janu (Post 4229685)
It is coming soon guys!

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...t-2319971.html

This is a good news, may be Tata's team has understood that they kill the excitement by showing the car at shows and launching them after months.

This is much waited change Tata's had to adopt quickly. Hope the future products also launch in a very less time frame from show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillout (Post 4229456)
The reason it was voted in 2016, was because it was different design and ceramic strip enhanced the style quotient, however people are bored now since they have seen enough test mules and design itself is becoming dated.

Every car begins to appear dated within 6 months of its launch and after good number of units have hit the road, no one gives any car a second look. I can say that about any car on sale today. It has become quite fashionable to start writing obituary even before birth when the car is Tata.

I saw the multitudes at Nexon stall in Delhi 2016 and interest shown by almost all. You can say we see multitude at Ferrari stall too but there it's for photo ops. If the interest shown is anything to go by, I'm sure it will be a big hit from Tata. They should have actually launched this before everything else. That way, they could have sold more Hexas and Tiagos in the afterglow of Nexon. Higher the footfalls in a showroom, higher the chances of some model getting picked up. I'm very positive this car would bring the crowds back to TM's showrooms.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgsagar (Post 4229924)
It has become quite fashionable to start writing obituary even before birth when the car is Tata.

Higher the footfalls in a showroom, higher the chances of some model getting picked up. I'm very positive this car would bring the crowds back to TM's showrooms.

I completely agree. This car certainly has potential and let's hope Tata senses the pulse and launch it without any further delay. It is also important to give a complete package with automatic gearbox and other goodies, at least in the top end variants.

As far as the exterior styling and look are concerned, it is really subjective. For example, while Nexon certainly isn't disguised with butch look, it is true that Brezza doesn't look like one either. The EcoSport looks much better though, in my personal view, in this compact / pseudo SUV segment.

As the adage goes, it is,indeed, true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hope Tata doesn't goof up such a golden opportunity and fulfil the expectations of many enthusiasts out there in the market for a new car.

BTW I saw a couple of test mules doing high speeds last week, between Krishnagiri to Vellore on the Bangalore-Chennai Highway. Sorry for not capturing any shots. Nevertheless it has already been an overdose of spy shots, so I guess it won't be a big deal any way....

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil994 (Post 4229608)
Just came across this on twitter! Guess the media drive is not far away now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 4229658)
Finally looks like the wait is nearing its end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vish_Janu (Post 4229685)
It is coming soon guys!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 (Post 4229713)
This is a good news

I told you so 5 pages back. :thumbs up

The Nexon might be launched in a media drive ceremony in mid-July itself, with the cars going on display across the country (dubbed the "Nexon Experience", for now) until it's pricing disclosure in late-August.

Bookings to start from the first week of August, is what I have been told.

Get your finances ready!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4230142)

Get your finances ready!

Any chirpings from the birdies on variants, features list, pricing etc? :D

Quote:

I told you so 5 pages back. :thumbs up

The Nexon might be launched in a media drive ceremony in mid-July itself, with the cars going on display across the country (dubbed the "Nexon Experience", for now) until it's pricing disclosure in late-August.

Here's hoping they actually don't call it "Nexon Experience", sounds awfully lot like what Nexa says

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vish_Janu (Post 4230176)
Here's hoping they actually don't call it "Nexon Experience", sounds awfully lot like what Nexa says

That's Mayak Pareek at work, will try to grab all possible attention of the merket. lol:

Quote:

I
Bookings to start from the first week of August, is what I have been told.

Get your finances ready!

This is some good news. I am sure there are quite a number of Bhpians waiting to see to ensure that what we see is what we get.

Found this un-confirmed and obvious list of features from IAB

Link : http://indianautosblog.com/2017/07/t...ptember-273439

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterjim13 (Post 4230186)
This is some good news. I am sure there are quite a number of Bhpians waiting to see to ensure that what we see is what we get.

Found this un-confirmed and obvious list of features from IAB

Link : http://indianautosblog.com/2017/07/t...ptember-273439

Just read in there that "the automatic could come later", which basically translates to Tata losing a customer :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oxy (Post 4230283)
Just read in there that "the automatic could come later", which basically translates to Tata losing a customer :Frustrati

They do that, same with Tiago. But may not take longer.

One of the primary reasons for me not to wait for Nexon was the delay in launching the AT version, last year I did read somewhere that only Manual is expected to be launched in the third quarter and AT would be towards the end of the year. Also it was an AMT, so decided not to wait and got the Ecosport AT. However I would still get one and exchange the Ecosport if it indeed turns out to be good.

I've just come across this post @ motoroctane.com/news/24119-tata-nexon-launch-price-specifications-comparison

The speculative price starts from 7.1 to 10.8 L for Petrol and 9.7 to 11.5 L for Diesel (with automatic in the top Diesel variant). I'm not sure how far the figures are accurate but it seems realistic and pricing should be around the same plus/minus 50k. So the wait will be finally over and hopefully expect the launch in August clap:. I'm gearing up to grab one unless Tata disappoints without an automatic.

I don't know why TML can't launch manual and automatic together. Seriously why? Why AT always has to be a 'later launch'. Does it make any sense TML? Not to me at least. Same was the case with Tiago and now Tigor launch too. They didn't do it with Hexa, and now AT has more demand compared to MT.

Going by the monthly sales chart, Tata can't afford to miss out on even a single customer. TML is no Maruti or Hyundai. It's high-time, pull up your socks, get your act together, launch Nexon with AT and MT versions in one go.