Team-BHP - The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172904-maruti-vitara-brezza-auto-expo-2016-a-34.html)

Interesting pricing for the Breeza. They have kept the top of the line to 9.95 lakhs ex showroom Bangalore so that it won't fall onto to the next slab of road tax.
The market today is currently dominated by Pseudo/ SUVs. I have a strong feeling that the Breeza will cannibalise most of the Maruti siblings right from the Swift Desire to the Ciaz. Only time will tell. Eagerly awaiting the sales figures in a couple of months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy (Post 3928557)
Interesting pricing for the Breeza. They have kept the top of the line to 9.95 lakhs ex showroom Bangalore so that it won't fall onto to the next slab of road tax.
The market today is currently dominated by Pseudo/ SUVs. I have a strong feeling that the Breeza will cannibalise most of the Maruti siblings right from the Swift Desire to the Ciaz. Only time will tell. Eagerly awaiting the sales figures in a couple of months.

I noticed that as well. Bangalore tops out at 9.95L. It's definitely good for those buying right now. But this is short lived happiness. There will be a price hike within 2-3 months so the people who book now and have a 2 month waiting might end up crossing 10L ex showroom for the ZDI+.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'estlavie (Post 3928315)
Thanks. I have booked the silver- not my first choice, but the wife likes that colour so that's the end of that discussion. :D

Delivery times I hope to find out by end of day today.

I have booked with Rana Motors in Safdurjung Enclave Delhi. So far the SA has been quite responsive....so far.

Well that's a classic color to go with, I hope you have some updates on the delivery. As, here all the dealer's are chasing for bookings but, they do not have the price list or the expected despatch or the test drive vehicles. They have told me that they have a training in coming week and then maybe, maybe they can get some information.

Source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/exclusive-...-hours-1285522

Brezza receives 2600 bookings in 24 hours.

But I doubt it will be in 24 hours - may include all the pre-launch bookings as well, imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anycatd (Post 3928418)
Swift platform would be deal breaker for me. At this price it needs to have a good ride quality.

The current generation Swift rides much better than the old one. The suspension is very compliant. So, there is a good chance the Brezza is also similar.

That said, the Brezza is sitting a little too tall on the ground compared to the Swift and MSIL might have tuned the suspension a bit stiff to help the handling.

So, let's wait for a TD and the review that matters to arrive at a conclusion. :)

I went down to Rohan Motors, Mathura Road (Delhi) today evening. The SA told me that the dispatches will be arriving on 21st and the TD should start in a couple days after that. They're not even getting the display cars before 21st. He quoted 6-8 weeks of waiting period for L/Vdi and 8-10 weeks of waiting period for Zdi. This 6-10 weeks of waiting period is from today - that means the delivery would happen around mid-May.

The SA didn't seem to have much details. I felt anybody who had spent some time on TBHP would have far more details than what he had lol:

The folks at the dealer, didn't have the OTR price list either. I have residence in both Delhi as well as Noida. One of the online portal shows that the OTR price of Brezza (Zdi) in Noida will be cheaper by 6k in comparison to Delhi. This in contrast to what I have observed for other cars - for example, ciaz VDI is cheaper in Delhi by about 10k (when compared to Noida). This has left me in a fix - where should I put in my booking amount - dealer in Delhi or Noida.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor (Post 3928391)
Getting confused between Vitara and Ecosport now.

Priority is safest car....

If safety is your top most priority, there is no need to look beyond Ecosport Titanium with 6 airbags.

Quote:

...I am the first with my dealer. Anybody knows anything about the delivery period? I want it to be ready before 23rd of April. How good are my chances considering I'm first in line with my dealer....

If you are the first one and have booked a top end, you should be getting it in the first lot, provided they get your choice of color. A lot depends on how many cars are allocated to the dealership and then the colors shipped too. Another option is to keep your color choices open and choose what's available.

Quote:

...Swift platform would be deal breaker for me. At this price it needs to have a good ride quality...

As mentioned, current gen Swift has a above average ride quality. I could term Ciaz good as well (absorbent). I think the new age Maruti's do have quite decent ride quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'estlavie (Post 3928443)
My dealer says waiting will start on March 27th (not sure what this means) and starting from then the waiting period is 6-8 weeks after that...

It means, the waiting time starts from the time when actual deliveries start (end of March is when Maruti will start dispatching cars to dealerships) and not from the booking time (now).

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountaineer (Post 3928473)
...Further please note I am going for my first Diesel Car (TD is pending) only after assurance from fellow Bhpians....Wait for Delivery has started and I hope gestation period is not too very long.

Please utilise your waiting time productively by TDing few Maruti diesel cars (Swift / Ertiga / Ciaz / S-Cross) so that you get a hang of what to expect in a new gen diesel car.

Ertiga / Ciaz & S-Cross 200 version will give you more of less the driving characteristics of Brezza since all of them use the same engine tune. If you can manage to get the car to places where you usually drive, even better. Tell them very clearly that you need an extended drive and not the usual 1 km eye wash TD.

The media drives have started just about an hour back as per the information available on Twitter. I hope that our guys are also reviewing it and we get a full fledged review soon. I've booked the vehicle in ZDi+ dual tone variant, am waiting for more details from the dealer.

Media drive on Pune highway.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-3.png
Name:  1.PNG
Views: 3779
Size:  385.3 KB
Name:  2.PNG
Views: 3753
Size:  421.8 KB

Source-SVP/OD tweets

Quote:

Originally Posted by letusmeet (Post 3928254)
Brezza as such does not have best in class boot space. This should have compelled them to give a 40:60 rear fold seat for all variants. Surprised this is not available even in Vdi when even a Celerio has it on the Vdi.

I would have also preferred an all leather seat on the Zdi+ instead of auto headlamps and auto rain sensing wipers. Don't really know how these will be really helpful day to day. I would not risk scratching the windshield keeping the auto rain sensor on. I generally wait for the glass to be cleaned naturally by the rain for a minute before putting the wipers on :)

Auto headlamps are useful in situations when you enter and exit tunnels. This is helpful especially in situations where you see a lot of people keeping their lights on long after they've come out of the tunnel. That's just one example. I am sure other expert bhpians would have more to explain on this feature.
I have an i20 and believe me the feature of rain sensing wipers is damn useful. It increases and decreases speed depending upon the amount of rainfall. Starts and stops on rain or no rain and also has 4 levels of sensitivity adjustments. Overall quite useful.
IMHO I feel these are convenience features and cannot be compared to offering leather seats instead... which can be easily done through an after market job

First comments from media drive are out; Source: twitter.

Is the team-bhp team out there in pune for this media drive? Or will it happen only at a later stage as 'we' need more time to review the car in a complete way?

Hi friends, autocarindia first drive report is out , please check this link.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...ve-400717.aspx

Quote:

Originally Posted by texens (Post 3928646)

The folks at the dealer, didn't have the OTR price list either. I have residence in both Delhi as well as Noida. One of the online portal shows that the OTR price of Brezza (Zdi) in Noida will be cheaper by 6k in comparison to Delhi. This in contrast to what I have observed for other cars - for example, ciaz VDI is cheaper in Delhi by about 10k (when compared to Noida). This has left me in a fix - where should I put in my booking amount - dealer in Delhi or Noida.

I am in a similar situation as yours. Have made booking at Rohan Motors Noida. The dealer can get it registered at either noida or at delhi. No problems at all with them.

Should be a similar thing at Mathura Road too.

Cheers.

Autocar review is up!

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 3191
Size:  560.2 KB

Quote:

The VitaraBrezza comes across as a well rounded package but stands out most for its spacious and well-equipped cabin. It’s not particularly exciting to drive and lacks a bit of emotion but for practicality and as every day transport it’s hard to beat. What seals the deal is the very attractive introductory pricing
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-400717,0.aspx

Great car with great pricing (until it lasts). I think it should be a pretty sorted vehicle.

The question is the sheet metal. Is it as flimsy as the Baleno?
The cars with thin sheet metal dont age well.

Ecosport on the other hand has great thick sheet metal and looks new, if maintained well, all the time.