Team-BHP - The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172904-maruti-vitara-brezza-auto-expo-2016-a-38.html)

Tyres:
On Brezza reviews, when AutoCar posted the first review earlier in the day, it was mentioned that lower variants (LDi & VDi) comes with 15 inch tyres. Before I posted the question in this group (after finishing a meeting), the review got changed to all variants comes with 16 inch tyres. (Brochure mentions all variants comes with 16 inchers).

Zigwheels review mentions that the spare wheel is a 15 inch tyre. ('205/60 R15 with a black steel wheel'). If this is true, wont it unsettle the ride when running on the spare tyre with the other three running 16 inch ones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3929262)
Will be driving it extensively over the weekend to know more about it.

LeoShashi, Can you check the tyre specs (including spare) when you do the TD this weekend?

Probably offtopic, Why is the spec different for Steel (205/60 R16) compared to Alloy (215/60 R16) when both are 16 inch ones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3929332)
This is freakin brilliant! clap: There's hardly anything that's missing from the S-Cross (1.3) for a customer like me (other than the 1.6). The only thing I would bother is the projector lamps for which I can still do some aftermarket updates.

If the ride & handling is substantially better (in S-Cross), I don't find a reason for someone to opt for Brezza, save for it's looks.

Also there is always the chance of some discounts (whatever amount) running on S-Cross which would make the deal even better.

IAB reports 5600 bookings in 48 hours. Update from RS Kalsi, Executive Director at Maruti Suzuki. We really love Maruti and our compact suv's. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3929358)
IAB reports 5600 bookings in 48 hours. Update from RS Kalsi, Executive Director at Maruti Suzuki. We really love Maruti and our compact suv's. :)

Even at 1/4 of this pace, monthly bookings will be more than 20k! If there is no capacity constraint, it can become the no: 1 seller!

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3929251)
With the launch of the Brezza, I have compared the following cars:

D) Top (O) Variant:

Good comparison there! But you should have listed the max-available features on all models and compared against each other. Here it looks like the Brezza is the baseline and the features not available in its top variant are not listed (for e.g.; side & curtain airbags, ISOFIX mounts, speed alarm etc. in the Ecosport are not listed).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3929369)
Good comparison there! But you should have listed the max-available features on all models and compared against each other.

Will definitely edit the features comparison and repost it. Used up the standard template that I had with me rather than revising it specifically for the trio.

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3929228)
Dear Maruti

Well done! You have lived up to your DNA with the Baleno and Brezza, i.e. kitna deti hai. I am not taking away anything from the wonderful cars but all the press etc focus around the awesome mileage and not on the awful power. Everyone wanted the Baleno with DDIS200 but that wasn't the case. Brezza am hopeful you will do something in future.

However, please do continue taking "risks" such as the DDIS320 and ATs. Don't only play the mileage card but also give some power and AT options!

I would love to buy the Brezza but it needs to be more powerful and have an AT - indifferent towards petrol or diesel. You have my money the day you plonk in the 110bhp Boosterjet OR DDIS320 with AT. This is a written offer!

Going by the S Cross experience, Maruti may not be in a mood to launch the 320 DDIS. That with a proper auto will take the price up by another 3-4 lakhs. That will be close to 16 lakhs OTR Bangalore. That price point for the Breeza?

I expect the booster jet to make its way in when the petrols are announced. But knowing how the mass market reacts, I guess the enthusiast opinion counts for nothing.

Breeza ticks almost all the boxes of many indian buyers like me. (e.g. good ground clearance, SUVish styling, comfortable space for five) with sensible pricing. I personally feel that Brezza has potential to overtake even Dzire in terms of sales, only thing remaining now is a petrol engine option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vishal.R (Post 3929385)
Breeza ticks almost all the boxes of many indian buyers like me. (e.g. good ground clearance, SUVish styling, comfortable space for five) with sensible pricing. I personally feel that Brezza has potential to overtake even Dzire in terms of sales, only thing remaining now is a petrol engine option.

Petrol option, and a diesel automatic like the one in Swift Dzire. An automatic at price slightly higher than dzire would make urban consumers queue up.

Seems like the next set of journalists are driving the Brezza in Pune. Source: twitter

Wow, love the colours and combinations. The design also lends itself very well to dual tone colours. Hoping to take a TD since planning for third car with a bit of ground clearance for wife. Would have let go my A star automatic if only they had one !

Here is the Bangalore On Road Price list of all the 1.3 Diesels ( Brezza, S Cross, Ertiga, Ciaz and also the Baleno). This is from Kalyani Motors Website. Will help give a quick view of price variance across these models

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutiprice1.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutiprice2.jpg

team-bhp reviews have spoilt me. I have tried to read the reviews on most websites about this car and nothing can compare to our reviews. Some of the ownership threads are even better than the so called reviews from the professionals

Hoping that the review of VB comes out soon from team-bhp team.

Carblog India First Drive

Verdict - As an all-rounder, the Vitara Brezza makes a lot of sense. The new Maruti compact SUV looks modern, offers high passenger comfort and comes with a fuel efficient engine. The icing on the cake, however, is the attractive price tag.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutivitarabrezzareviewimages231.jpg

Quote:

we took the Brezza over varying surfaces including smooth tarmac and the not-so-good patches of road. And we’re happy to report that this compact SUV offered a comfortable ride in all environments. The suspension setup is slightly on the stiffer side, which means that although it does feel a little harsh over rough surfaces, it ensures that the body roll is well contained, thereby inspiring confidence while cornering. However, thanks to the tall stance and the resulting high centre of gravity, body roll is still evident. The steering is not just visually similar to every other product from Maruti, but similar in terms of the feel as well. It is well weighted and strikes a decent balance between ease of use and intuitiveness. That combined with the grippy the 215 section Apollo tyres ensures corner carving does not turn out to be a scary affair. All in all, the Maruti Vitara Brezza offers a decent ride and a satisfying driving experience without giving much to complain about.
http://www.carblogindia.com/maruti-v...-drive-review/

I am confused between the ZDi and the VDi(O). Though would have liked to go in for the ZDi+ but the 1Lac price difference for the first gen car play, electrically foldable OVRM's and armrest(though its a crime of maruti to omit this on ZDi itself) is not worth it cause they would be the only features used daily. The auto wipers and headlamps are not so much required in city life of Delhi. Does the ZDi get the projector headlamps or Maruti skimped on that that too.

None of the journos have got the white or granite grey color variants? I somehow like the white and granite grey colors on brezza more than the others. The only place where I've seen these colors is on the maruti suzuki website - and those are studio photos. Eager to see what they look like in natural lighting - especially the granite grey color.