Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 19:22   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016

VW India updates its webpage, the latest additions are added.

Volkswagen @ Auto Expo 2016-capture.png
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 21:22   #32
BHPian

Nice Coverage Rehaan!

Gotta love timeless designs of the VWs. This is one car range which even though 6 years old in India and 8 years old globally still looks nice (Polo and Vento)! More than the Tiguan I was more keen on the Taigun which is more relevant and has the potential to give VW some decent volumes in a burgeoning segment where customers can't just get enough.

I think the Passat also looks very stately and if VW don't price it at a significant margin over the Superb they may have a winner here. They should get the GTE as also the 250 bhp version of the 2.0 Diesel to our market. If they are not focussing on volumes they might as well give us our best for those who put their faith in the brand.

Excellent updates to the Polo and more so to the Vento which with the touchscreen and LEDs Headlights makes for quite a compelling buy in this segment especially with the USP of the TSI. Its almost tempting me to break my resolve of not to buy the Vento as a replacement of my just sold Vento! Ah Confusion! How soon before discounts hit the Vento?
Old 4th February 2016, 21:58   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Hey guys

Apart from the said updates do we have any upgrade in terms of airbags?

Just curious. Also when will the new Vento be available for booking.
Reds
Dv
No upgrade in terms of airbags. Considering the number of face-lifts and special editions VW does, they need to leave something for the next face-lift isn't it?

As per the press release from VW, the 2016 cars (I think from Week 3) come with the new features. But the LED Headlamps and DRL's are a little bit of a confusion, this was not there in the initial press release on the 2016 updates and seems to have been added now. But it is not reflected in the website yet. Better to wait for more clarity on this.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 22:56   #34
BHPian

The Passat looks stunning in white. I do think there's a market for the Tiguan which has a really classic SUV design without any quirky design elements.

The Vento upgrade seems to be a really good one. But I thought I read that this platform as a whole would / may get replaced in a year or so? Not sure if I came across it in TBHP or just speculation. It is indeed tempting to get another Vento at home. The 1.6 is pure joy though. I'll have to ask the SA which of the new elements can be retro-fitted. BTW, they offered to make my 1.6 look like the new 1.5 for about 1L INR when I visited the service center last time.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 09:05   #35
BHPian

Im in love with that Passat! What a fire cracker
motorhead16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 09:31   #36
BHPian

When will the new changes on the Jetta reach the market? I am planning a purchase in May-June. Should I wait longer?
Old 5th February 2016, 10:56   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

As per Michael Mayer, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India. The VW brand is working to 'transform' itself in India and other growth markets like South Africa and Russia attacking volume segments with premium products,

As a result of its global "diesel issues", VW India and other emerging markets have more decision-making power now. Starting first half of this year, it will start cleaning up its act here. The recently launched compact sedan, Ameo, is part of this "transformation" process, he added.

The above point on getting more decision making powers is a good one. I have read else where in the forum that typically the European Brands here have to run to head office for each and every thing which slows them down and also results in decisions not in tune with the ground reality.

A small interview with Jurgen Stackman, Board Member for Sales and Marketing where he reiterates the commitment towards India. Apparently they finally see how the Indian Consumer perceives VW and the things they need to do to increase their presence in the Indian Market.

Source: ETAuto
Old 5th February 2016, 11:01   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
The 1.6 is pure joy though. I'll have to ask the SA which of the new elements can be retro-fitted. BTW, they offered to make my 1.6 look like the new 1.5 for about 1L INR when I visited the service center last time.
@MadMax can you let me know which VW showroom in bangalore agreed to retro-fit these features in 1.6L Vento? I have a 2011 model vento and would be keen on doing few of these updates. Thanks!

P:S:- If possible can you PM me the contact details of the SA?
Old 5th February 2016, 17:29   #39
BHPian

Nice of them to apologize for the diesel scandal. However, I expected Volkswagen to further show their commitment to the Indian market by announcing a 10 year warranty for the DSG box like how Ford does. Lot of people are still apprehensive about the DSG.
Such a move would have surely added confidence to the car buying public and further driven the point that VW is really serious about India.
Old 5th February 2016, 17:36   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

...not to mention ten year warranty on body work, improvement of services, spares stocks, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
A small interview with Jurgen Stackman, Board Member for Sales and Marketing where he reiterates the commitment towards India. Apparently they finally see how the Indian Consumer perceives VW and the things they need to do to increase their presence in the Indian Market.
empty Board-Member-for-Sales-and-Marketing waffle
Old 8th February 2016, 16:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Like you, I was suspicious after seeing a vague mention of it in the press release and wanted to be 100% sure before confirming the LED headlamps in my post.
Tell me about it. I repeatedly asked the VW guys at near the car at the Auto Expo whether they really planned to give us LED lamps. When he said yes, I said - I don't mean DRLs...etc. By the time I was done, he had a "I hope you are bloody satisfied now" look on his face.

Anyway that is one great "first in class" feature by VW

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 09:37   #42
Senior - BHPian

One thing about VW is that they have a very static family look. That may be a good thing and otherwise.

However from a Auto Expo point of view except for the mighty Tiguan and Ameo there seems to be nothing much more exciting. Of course we have the super modern classic Beetle which is an favourite then, now and forever.

Coming to the Ameo, it is well a booted Polo with a dash of Skoda looks at the back. A good effort but not sure how it will do in the crowded segment.
Old 9th February 2016, 11:58   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

A virtual walk through of the VW Pavilion at Auto Expo.

http://www.volkswagenautoexpo.co.in/pavillion/
Old 9th February 2016, 14:48   #44
BHPian

WHen are the potential launch dates for the 2016 Tiguan ? What would be the estimated price ?
I am surprised that the VW folk were so upbeat on the smaller offerings like VW Up and had road-tested it. What became of that car ?
Old 9th February 2016, 14:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
WHen are the potential launch dates for the 2016 Tiguan ? What would be the estimated price ?
I am surprised that the VW folk were so upbeat on the smaller offerings like VW Up and had road-tested it. What became of that car ?
Tiguan would launch after Ameo , approximate dates for Ameo launch communicated at by VW India during the webcast was early part of H2 this year i.e., Around Jul/Aug. So we should see the Tiguan launch around end of this year.
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks