Team-BHP - Fiat @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172924-fiat-auto-expo-2016-a-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FordDodo (Post 3905157)
The wrapped pic where two FIATs are seen, are the Avventura and the Punto Pure.

The wrapped pic with one FIAT where the FIAT logo can be seen beneath the cover, that should be the Linea as said by amit.

Oops! My bad. Yes that single wrapped pic is a linea for sure. I got confused with urban cross pic

Generally the trend is to keep the new upcoming cars in the covers and for me looking at the rumor floating around in the net, I believe it is going to be Linea Abarth and Punto pure edition.

Careful look at the logo of the wrapped FIAT and you an identify it as an ABARTH. Or am I just too much into ABARTHs that I visualize them everywhere.:D

Going by the design of the grill it seems to be the Linea.

Have they placed a cut section of the MJD? atleast this is what they can boast about as the engine refuses to declare its end; instead more and more cars are getting it. They could have even considered the MJD 1.6 motor which is a gem !

- This is a bad show by Fiat ! nothing new even to keep our hope and interest alive?

- Why have they spent money even to participate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda (Post 3905295)
Careful look at the logo of the wrapped FIAT and you an identify it as an ABARTH. Or am I just too much into ABARTHs that I visualize them everywhere.:D

Going by the design of the grill it seems to be the Linea.

It's a Fiat logo buddy. I increased the brightness and zoomed into the pic. I hope it's a Linea powered by Abarth

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3905330)
It's a Fiat logo buddy. I increased the brightness and zoomed into the pic. I hope it's a Linea powered by Abarth

Yup, My bad...As I said, I must be visualizing too much of the ABARTHs lol:

FIAT Busted: Another lame attempt. These people have gone mad. Such a bad time for FIATians to back their company.:Frustrati

Source: http://motoroctane.com/news/24713-12...oday-exclusive

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda (Post 3905358)
FIAT Busted: Another lame attempt. These people have gone mad. Such a bad time for FIATians to back their company.:Frustrati

Source: http://motoroctane.com/news/24713-12...oday-exclusive

IMO, it is quite good that they are coming up with an improved Linea (instead of showing Linea classic like they did with Punto Pure :p), but 12BHP increase is too less to pay a premium and doesn't deserve a 'Powered by Abarth' badge.

They should have just plonked the 140 from Avventura and given an all black interior.

OMG, not again FIAT.
FIAT as usual continues to disappoint its fans.
Where is the Punto ess ess (180 bhp verion ) ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by theredliner (Post 3905365)
IMO, it is quite good that they are coming up with an improved Linea (instead of showing Linea classic like they did with Punto Pure :p), but 12BHP increase is too less to pay a premium and doesn't deserve a 'Powered by Abarth' badge.

They should have just plonked the 140 from Avventura and given an all black interior.

With all due respect, do you think even a 140 ps would make Linea exciting to a prospective buyer? One visit to their showroom and every damn excitement of a new car purchase will fizzle out. I currently drive the FIAT Linea TJet and to tell you it's a marvellous car. Whenever I drive it, it not only plasters a smile on my face but also makes me crib. Crib coz it would have had a better future if marketed by some other company, even a VW would have marketed it better. Linea doesn't need a 140 ps, all it ever needed was a proper back-up, proper marketing strategy, good sales experience and the rest the car would ahve done on it's own. Every individual who took the test drive of the TJet would tell you that it's a damn good car to drive but then they fell short of buying mostly due to their sales experience. My buying experience was worse so much so that I term it as begging FIAT to give me the TJet. Their current portfolio is dated and by doing all this Pure, Urban Cross and 125HP Linea things they are just making a joke of themselves, so much so that even hardcore FIATians find it tough to defend the company and their purchase.

I was guessing that they would showcase their newest and stunning AEGEA . As always Fiat continues and probably likes to be a Wet sponge

Its dis-heartening honestly to see fiat put up this half baked effort. I was honestly hoping that they would surely have head turners in their stall. I am a self professed Fiat admirer, as stated in this forum - One visit to the Fiat Showroom and all your enthusiasm is killed !!

The pictures make me feel its more of a "Abarth India Franchisee" stall. I feel sad that what I deem as a brilliant Brand in Fiat is going down this road !

Srini

Linea 125S has been unveiled. It gets a 125HP 'Powered by Abarth' T-Jet engine with touch screen HU and reverse cam taken from Linea Elegance and black alloys.

125HP is too little to sport a 'Powered by Abarth' badge. Maybe they have tweaked the locally produced 113HP T-Jet instead of importing the 140HP from Italy to keep the costs low.

Fiat @ Auto Expo 2016-cawzxngusaanouf.jpg
Image source

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinodh_Gowda (Post 3905385)
With all due respect, do you think even a 140 ps would make Linea exciting to a prospective buyer? One visit to their showroom and every damn excitement of a new car purchase will fizzle out.

I can understand the frustration, but in what way would showcasing new models at Auto Expo help them to solve the problem with sales and service?
FIAT needs to fix those problems first before they think of bringing any more new models to India. Otherwise they'll go the same way as Punto, Linea and Avventura.

I feel they should setup company owned and company operated sales and service points in all major cities and ensure top quality experience (Is there any law which prevents them from doing so?).

Even if they had showcased Tipo, 124 or some others, that would have got a common man's attention for a week max and he would have forgotten them as the Tipo is still long away from Indian launch and the 124 may not be launched here at all. Right now the only people who even think about FIAT are enthusiasts and showcasing a more powerful Linea is definitely a good move as that is something that can be bought soon IMO.

The blue colour and black look good. Nice engine as well but that's about it. Not much excited about it and i don't see it generating sales for them :(

I wish my jet can be remapped to this officially or is it a new engine?

Don't see the powered by Abarth badge. Could be mistaken. I just see a 125s badge.

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...expo-17740.htm

The audacity with which we are demanding high powered engines make me feel sad for Fiat as no one is talking about the lack of impressive sales figures of even the Abarth Punto despite being reasonably priced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carwatcher (Post 3905586)
The audacity with which we are demanding high powered engines make me feel sad for Fiat as no one is talking about the lack of impressive sales figures of even the Abarth Punto despite being reasonably priced.

The brand has placed itself as catering to 'niche performance' enthusiasts.

Hence the higher expectations.

The only major reason that comes out for the lukewarm Punto Abarth response seems to be the fact that it is a 'Punto'.

I had an 'auto enthusiast' who just bought a Maruti Ciaz (previously owned a City) refer to the Linea Tjet as a 'failed' car.

If the Punto Abarth was not a dated design it would find more success. Stand out Design seems to be a major consideration for the 'enthusiast' found in India.