Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2016, 06:20   #31
BHPian

Re: Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
FYI, you live in a *developed* country with proper roads, mate!

Over here in India (Mumbai, more specifically), the suspension of the Jeep Wrangler (as compared to my friend's US version) may not be tolerable - which is why I suggested the X3.
Fair enough, but I still maintain that a Wrangler can be used as a daily driver.
In any case, people who want to buy a Wrangler, will buy a Wrangler irrespective of anything else that might be out there. I wouldn't give up mine for anything, except for another Wrangler!
Old 7th June 2016, 17:05   #32
BHPian

Has anyone got any further updates on Jeep's launch?
Old 7th June 2016, 18:24   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDesertRat View Post
Has anyone got any further updates on Jeep's launch?
According to this, Jeep will be making it's official entry in the Indian auto arena next month with the Wrangler Unlimited and the Grand Cherokee.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 20:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
According to this, Jeep will be making it's official entry in the Indian auto arena next month with the Wrangler Unlimited and the Grand Cherokee.

Is there any speculative pricing that's rooted in some logic or evidence ? I have seen everything from 20-40L making the rounds in the rumor circuit.

From the Creta pre launch days one has come to count on you for substantiated gossip on these matters !
Old 7th June 2016, 20:20   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
Is there any speculative pricing that's rooted in some logic or evidence ? I have seen everything from 20-40L making the rounds in the rumor circuit.

From the Creta pre launch days one has come to count on you for substantiated gossip on these matters !
From what I am hearing in the buzz around the grapevines,

Wrangler Unlimited = in the 3.2L Endeavour range,
Grand Cherokee = Think X5-ish,
Grand Cherokee SRT = near around the Discovery.
Old 7th June 2016, 21:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
From what I am hearing in the buzz around the grapevines,

Wrangler Unlimited = in the 3.2L Endeavour range,
Grand Cherokee = Think X5-ish,
Grand Cherokee SRT = near around the Discovery.
If the Wrangler competes with the 3.2L Endeavour its a no brainer for me. I assumed the wrangler would be around 40 ex showroom, and figured my only option was the Endeavour.
Old 8th June 2016, 01:51   #37
BHPian

Met the MD as he was driving into our club one day a month or a month and a half ago and he said CBUs (of the GC) would be on sale in the 3rd quarter.

However, told him I bought a Fortuner (4x4 AT, even waited almost a year for Jeep's entry) and just the past 2 weeks have been loving it...

There is really no point when they cannot execute - just like the Ford Endy, or maybe worse?? Time will tell.
Old 8th June 2016, 12:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Met the MD as he was driving into our club one day a month or a month and a half ago and he said CBUs (of the GC) would be on sale in the 3rd quarter.

However, told him I bought a Fortuner (4x4 AT, even waited almost a year for Jeep's entry) and just the past 2 weeks have been loving it...

There is really no point when they cannot execute - just like the Ford Endy, or maybe worse?? Time will tell.
I guess the NGT going berserk with banning diesels larger then 2L is confusing Jeep and they are waiting & watching right now. To some extent I don't blame them specially since both Wrangler and GC have engines bigger then 2L.
Old 8th June 2016, 12:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I guess the NGT going berserk with banning diesels larger then 2L is confusing Jeep and they are waiting & watching right now. To some extent I don't blame them specially since both Wrangler and GC have engines bigger then 2L.
The great advantage that Jeep has in this case - and over their competitors in this market - is that they *primarily* manufacture their models abroad with gasoline engines, not diesel.

In fact, the GC diesel came as an afterthought - and I think they had to spend a lot on R&D to incorporate a diesel engine into the Wrangler - which is normally not offered with one.

I hope they are smart about this.

The only downside is the lower MPG/average with the gasoline engines.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 11:18   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Motor Trend claims that the Jeep C-SUV, currently under development, might be called as "Compatriot".

Essentially a combination of the Compass & the Patriot names, two other products from the Jeep lineup, the C-SUV might be named so because it is lined up as the future replacement of these 2 existing Jeep SUVs globally. The worldwide debut of the Compatriot is scheduled for end-2016, with an India launch penned for mid-2017.

The Compatriot will be locally assembled at Fiat's Ranjangaon plant, and will be plying in the segment of the Hyundai Santa Fe, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour (slotting itself below the Wrangler Unlimited). When launched, it is expected to come with 2.0L petrol & diesel options in both manual and automatic versions.

Quote:
The Compatriot as seen in the spy pics is a handsome design that gets the original Jeep styling details embedded for a tougher SUV stance in place of the smaller Renegade which is also rumoured to be launched here.

The Compatriot is actually based on the stretched version of the chassis of the Renegade. From the images you can see a baby Grand Cherokee look especially with the grille and headlights. The butch stance is being given to distance itself from a crossover design with big, well-defined wheel arches.
Old 6th August 2016, 11:20   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Official confirmation.

RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2016, 16:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Official confirmation.
Any news of their dealership in Mumbai. Jeep, Fiat or any one of them?
Old 6th August 2016, 19:55   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Any news of their dealership in Mumbai. Jeep, Fiat or any one of them?
Expected to be revealed during their launch event on Aug 31st.

ACI reports that they will tee off with 5-6 dealerships initially, then gradually increase numbers.
Old 9th August 2016, 14:55   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep to tee off it's India operations with only 2 dealerships first - one in Delhi and the other in Ahmedabad.

A dealership each in South India and Mumbai will follow by 2016-end.

Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-jeep_dealer.jpg
(Upcoming Jeep dealership in Ahmedabad - Source)

Quote:
The carmaker will initially start India operations with only two dealers in Delhi and Ahmadabad, followed by a dealership in South India with Mumbai to follow the year-end.
The Ahmadabad Jeep dealership will be run by Concept Motors,who also has a Hyundai dealership in the city.
There are no details on which dealerships will be instrumental in running Jeep operations in other cities.
Interestingly, the Jeep dealership in Delhi will only be able to sell the Grand Cherokee SRT for now since the diesel-powered Jeep models come with engines above the 2,000cc mark and hence won’t be sold, thanks to the ongoing diesel ban.
ACI

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th August 2016 at 14:56.
Old 9th August 2016, 16:05   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like the Jeep dealership in South India will be set up at Kochi. No date given, though.

From Facebook:

Jeep @ Auto Expo 2016-13882260_10154432896668308_7868044134453872101_n.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks