Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 22:34   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2016

These are certainly some extremely good looking cars. I have never had the opportunity to drive a Tata car. How are their gearboxes?

It is amazing to see the change in their vehicle line-up from less than half a decade ago. Compare the upcoming models to the Vista, Manza, Indigo CS and the lot. It is not evolutionary but revolutionary in sheer automotive years. I am sure having deep pockets and access to the tech of JLR helped. But having resources is one thing - executing your projects is quite another. Kudos to TMC.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 07:45   #32
BHPian

Looks like Tata would market the new Tata Bolt Sport under new brand logo and not Tata logo. Pleasantly surprised.

Any idea Tata would also create premium showrooms like Nexa.

See the images.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2016-tapatalk_1454637873121.jpeg  

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2016-tapatalk_1454637896366.jpeg  

KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 07:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Looks like Tata would market the new Tata Bolt Sport under new brand logo and not Tata logo. Pleasantly surprised.

See the images.
Very good observation indeed. Tata deserves a fresh start, if they can keep the Tata name away, like they have done for Jaguar and Land Rover, then I think the customers would be happy to give them a second chance
Old 5th February 2016, 08:59   #34
BHPian

Where are the pics of the mighty Safari? Was it not on display? I'm sorry if I missed them along the way.
Old 5th February 2016, 09:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Very good observation indeed. Tata deserves a fresh start, if they can keep the Tata name away, like they have done for Jaguar and Land Rover, then I think the customers would be happy to give them a second chance
Lets not forget Tata Zest has already made an exceptional 'fresh start' for Tata Motors. It was greeted with a lot of skepticism but has outperformed on expectations since its launch. Brilliant product, equipment levels, performance & feedback about service from TASS has been largely good.
gsurya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 09:47   #36
BHPian

As a Manza Owner and Tata fan, kudos to Tata! The product line-up looks so very different from 5 years ago. IMO, these products can really take the competition to the market leaders. I only have good reviews about the ownership experiences of multiple Tata vehicles.

Hopefully the sales will reflect this change!
Old 5th February 2016, 10:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post

See the images.
Me thinks Tata has some good products and they need to get away from their age old image. It is high time that customers take them seriously and they too take customers seriously. They need more engagement with customers. With the Storme, Tata started S.O.U.L and that was a good effort. But it needs to move further. They have to shed the image of fleet vehicles and low quality vehicles. Focus groups with their customers to arrive at product differentiators and service differentiators is a must. C'mon - a lot of their customers would be working in the sales and service industry and what better than use them to create a niche.

A
Old 5th February 2016, 10:57   #38
Senior - BHPian

Slightly disappointed to see that the Nano is missing in action at the AutoExpo. I would've liked to see a concept pointing to its future.

Otherwise, I am excited to see the new products pipeline; all of them in near production avatars. Hopefully, the Kite twins and the Nexon will bring in the numbers so richly deserve now. The Nexon seems to be a perfect upgrade option for our Vista.

@GTO, are they serious about launching the Bolt Sport?

Last edited by safari_lover : 5th February 2016 at 11:02.
Old 5th February 2016, 11:27   #39
BHPian

Bolt Sport looks absolutely drool worthy!! TATA is on a roll and every car on display features good design. Way to go!
Old 5th February 2016, 12:47   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post

But I don't share the same sentiment with Kite 5 where market is moving away from CS and when they already have Zest which is struggling. Instead they could promote Zest aggressively which is already a good product.
Logically, i feel sub-4 meter Zest is a stop gap arrangement till Kite 5 takes off. Once Kite 5 gets assimilated, Zest would be revamped as a regular C segment sedan powered by the recently unveiled 1.5L engine (Manza is already out). All this is of course my speculation. Insiders can provide some insights here
Old 5th February 2016, 14:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Sorry for the back to back posts.

Came across this article while surfing, no idea if its the real deal or a rumor !

TATA Motors to Spin off a new Sports Division

Source:

http://overdrive.in/news/2016-auto-e...orts-division/

Mods:
Please delete/merge post as applicable.
Someone told me this couple of months ago and to expect a 120bhp Bolt. Looks like what he said was right.
Old 5th February 2016, 15:17   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Tata Kite 5

The boot. Surely doesn't seem to be 420 liters in size as the rumours suggest?
Attachment 1469839

Attachment 1469840

With struts on both sides:
Attachment 1469841
It appears that the hinge design saves space inside the boot, hence increasing space available for luggage. That is probably the reason for the large capacity on this CS.

Wish they would provide ACC, because that will really make it competition for the Xcent/Dezire even though it would most likely be priced below the Xcent and Dezire.
Old 5th February 2016, 16:16   #43
BHPian

An excellent report of Tata Motors offerings at the expo.

Influence of JLR acquisition is evident and IMO it is good. I am surprised why it took a while before this was realized. I would have though that this should have happened a couple of years back in the least. When I checked the Net, the acquisition was in 2008.

Given that TML image has taken a hit for a while, this is a welcome change! Keep it up Tata! We need a good competitor to MSIL and I feel it must be one of our Desi brands - either TML or M&M.

- Ramas.
ramassrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 16:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

TATA was always the company with a better design and end product, but poor in marketing and after sales, compared to Mahindra.

Somebody is TATA has woken up, though late, but for sure and the products on display can vouch for the awakening.

TATA, you should take the bull by its horns and be the segment leader with your existing and new product offerings.

I would like to see TATA over take Mahindra in at least some of the segments where vehicles from both OEMs are present.

Let the JLR influence filter down into TATA vehicles and also bring the Defender factory in India.

Well done TATA in the current Auto Expo.
Old 5th February 2016, 16:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

Absolutely smashing new design from Tata. The Kite with that smiling shark look is simply stunning. Very less overhang in the front and rear is great too especially over Indian speed breakers.
The cars look very well finished and superb quality too.
Let's just hope Tata can focus on the after sales service and turn the customer experience around at the service centers.
These cars look like winners.

The Hexa AWD might be priced high and will enter 20+ lakh territory and that might not sell well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks