Team-BHP - Kia Motors coming to India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Kia Motors coming to India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/173228-kia-motors-coming-india-23.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 4596633)
That was one of Fords oldest dealerships. I guess the Mahindra dealership will serve as the Fords also

That metro ford was closed. Pps ford in museum road has taken it's place to cater in that area.

Powerdrift’s welcome to KIA.

https://youtu.be/_pL-t_-x-pI

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avinash_R (Post 4603745)
That metro ford was closed. Pps ford in museum road has taken it's place to cater in that area.

They retained the Palace Cross Road dealership, that is becoming a Kia dealership

Spotted the Kia Sportage and the Carnival today evening in Gurgaon.

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6120.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6130.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6122.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6126.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6127.jpg

Kia Motors coming to India-img_6129.jpg

In terms of dimensions, the Carnival seemed similar to an Innova and the Sportage more like the Compass.

Though not sure how far it's true, but I have also heard that they are coming up with a small showcase setup in Cyber Hub Gurgaon.

The Sportage is one fine looking car. I really wonder why the Seltos came about in the same Size Segment as the Sportage. Which only means the Sportage has no place in the Indian market. Pity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 4606490)
The Sportage is one fine looking car. I really wonder why the Seltos came about in the same Size Segment as the Sportage. Which only means the Sportage has no place in the Indian market. Pity.

I actually thought it competes more with the likes of Tucson (hence Compass) and tucson is not really selling that great in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 4606493)
I actually thought it competes more with the likes of Tucson (hence Compass) and tucson is not really selling that great in India.

I think you are right. I too have seen the Sportage on the Noida-Greater Noida expressway (It was being driven crazily) and it appeared a lot bigger than the Creta segment. It will be positioned above the Seltos if Kia brings it to our shores.

does anyone know where the Kia showroom/service centre in Pune would be? I checked their site and on google maps but couldn't find relevant info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitinhegde (Post 4606646)
does anyone know where the Kia showroom/service centre in Pune would be? I checked their site and on google maps but couldn't find relevant info.

+1. I too tried for the same but no details are available on internet. Had also enquired with one of Kothari delership in Pune, whose salesman indicated that a showroom on Tilak Road is under development for KIA dealership.

Saw this Kia Sportage in Gurgaon an hour back.

Kia Motors coming to India-img_20190620_23325001.jpeg

Speculated to come in early 2020, KIA's next product could Kia be a car smaller than Seltos - A premium hatchback or sub four meter sedan/SUV .

Premium hatch details are scarce at the moment but Kia has already got a formidable hatchback in terms of Rio and the planned premium hatch could be based on the Rio’s platform.

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4608594)
Speculated to come in early 2020, KIA's next product could Kia be a car smaller than Seltos.

I remember reading an article that stated the exact opposite. I'm guessing that these are only speculations by the authors ?

Kia has no plans to launch small car – Focus on SUV, MPV for India

Quote:

Speculated to come in early 2020, KIA's next product could Kia be a car smaller than Seltos - A premium hatchback or sub four meter sedan/SUV .

Premium hatch details are scarce at the moment but Kia has already got a formidable hatchback in terms of Rio and the planned premium hatch could be based on the Rio's platform.

Link

The Kia Rio is based on the Elite i20, so my guess is that Kia will be the first one to use the next gen i20 platform, for the Rio, just like how they have used the next gen Creta platform first for the Seltos.
Or they could end up using the Venue platform for a sub 4m compact SUV, given that its an equally volume driven segment like the premium hatch back segment.

Either way, I would think Kia will do enough to keep its identity rather unique and even position all such cars at a slight premium to Hyundai with slightly better features.

And this is a good move by Hyundai. People expect Hyundai to match Suzuki in terms of prices. Not Kia. So Kia may actually generate better margins for the group and position itself as a bit more aspirational then Hyundai, somewhere between Hyundai and the VW kind of brands.

Quote:

Premium hatch details are scarce at the moment but Kia has already got a formidable hatchback in terms of Rio and the planned premium hatch could be based on the Rio’s platform.

Link

ACI did a story on this long back. Its mostly going to be a sub-4M SUV, Auto Expo debut, will share underpinnings and engines with the Venue but will look completely different.

Kia has time and again said they are too late to enter the small car and hatchback market in India so they will focus on "larger" cars and "SUVs" for now.

'KIA is on its way', says a board at their showroom location at JP Nagar, Bangalore. This is 'Bang' on the main road and one of the most premium locations of Bangalore. Latest entrant MG is just a stone throw away.