Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:06   #31
BHPian

re: Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Speaking of exterior, why do these guys have to slap chrome on the face every time they come with a 'facelift', the Brio and Amaze would look nice without it.
Because our manufacturers seem to unanimously agree that Indians love metals. Decisions such as car purchase are made along with family members and typically these family members love gold, silver and anything that glitters.
However, there are many of us, who feel that sometimes the chrome make-up is over done. The example is recent Honda cars - City, Mobilio and the upcoming BR-V. The grill of Jazz appeals to me more than these two, because of its subtle treatment of Chrome.
I would have liked if they had used a Jazz-like grill in Amaze.

But I guess those who go for Compact Sedans have many points to consider (such as list of features, wisely used interior space within 4m), so a hideous grill doesn't matter much I suppose.
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 19:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Mostly cosmetic changes, typical mid life facelift for Amaze. Though, it was much required as Amaze was appearing to be quite dated in terms of design.

Engine wise I didn't expect to be changed much, but for the next gen Amaze, Honda please make the diesel engine a bit refined.
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:14   #33
BHPian

As per the SA, with whom I am dealing for my city, Honda has stepped up the production of Amaze at the cost of other models in anticipation of high demand.

My car, which was to be dispatched by 18th of this month has been pushed to 27th now :banghead:
Old 22nd February 2016, 21:56   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
Indeed. But, I believe those seats made the amaze's interior quality look cheap and would continue doing so.

The only other cars which have similar seats that i could think of are the Celerio, Alto twins and the Liva which are built to a cost. This is supposed to be a segment higher if not two.

They could have gone for the ones with headrest and scooped out the rear like most manufacturers are doing these days rather than persisting with those half dollar front seats
Those seats may look cheap, but please visit the showroom and touch and feel it, then you will know they are actually better than competition. Just because you dont see the headrest doesnt mean its not there. The headrest is built-in the seats as one peice.

I am not saying they are Recaro seats but they look very similar to those bucket seats found in luxury sports cars. Its a space saving, weight saving design - nothing wrong with that. Maruti seats are unnecessarily big and thick!
https://www.recaro-automotive.com/jn...iew/honda.html

Last edited by aerohit : 22nd February 2016 at 22:00.
Old 22nd February 2016, 22:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Those seats may look cheap, but please visit the showroom and touch and feel it, then you will know they are actually better than competition. Just because you dont see the headrest doesnt mean its not there. It is built-in the seats.

I am not saying they are Recaro seats but they look very similar to those bucket seats. Its a space saving, weight saving design - nothing wrong with that. Maruti seats are unnecessarily big and thick!
https://www.recaro-automotive.com/jn...iew/honda.html

Mate, just to be clear i have never commented on them being uncomfortable.
All i was referring to was them looking cheap which they indeed do (just my view)

This might be off topic on this thread but, yeah even though I'm not a huge Maruti fan, we have got to admit they are best in class with regards to comfort. I always thought the swift's one looked alright. Only the newer seats on Baleno look kinda bulky.

And no i do not agree that they look anywhere close to Recaro seats (again just my view - so need not hold true w.r.t everyone)

And no, I'm not against Amaze. Its just that the Amaze looks really neat. In fact it is one of the most proportionate cars in this non-proportionate class(sub 4m sedan). One look at those front seats makes me feel sad about Honda's interior design philosophy on this car which couldn't do justice to the exterior.
vamsi2390 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 09:09   #36
BHPian

Dashboard looks much better than the existing one. Now if they come up with adjustable head rests for the seats, no major deal breaker will be left for not going for this car.
Old 23rd February 2016, 11:36   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruba_Nazira View Post
Dashboard looks much better than the existing one. Now if they come up with adjustable head rests for the seats, no major deal breaker will be left for not going for this car.
I do not think that integrated neck restraints are actually a deal breaker! The mass market wants basically a "seat". According to them (and me also), Swift also gets seats and Amaze also gets seats. They look different I agree, but even those considering the seats for making their decision would be looking a comfort levels and not visual appeal. Swift gets one of the finest looking seats in the segment but one added advantage in having integrated restraints is that they are fixed. I have seen lots and lots of cars in NCR with neck restraints removed for the front seats for some reason best known to the driver. At least, we can see this integrated restraints part as a safety feature, no?

Cars like first gen i10 sold like crazy in the initial period, despite having integrated restraints. It is the overall car or its major bits (like interior quality, design) which matter, and not small negatives like integrated neck restraints or weird grill designs.

The exterior changes seem unnecessary, except the front bumper which helps differentiate it from the smaller sibling. Maruti did the same with new Swift and Dzire by giving the sedan considerably more amounts of design changes to differentiate from the Swift. Interior looks two or three times better than the skinny () design of the earlier version.

I will consider this for sure if they provide airbags and ABS in the base (or lower) variants also. And hope they provide beefier ORVMs for the base variant as well.
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

The seat issue is one too far...

However, seats with detachable & bigger headrest are considered safer cause they prevent whiplash injuries.

The Recaro ones are sports seats, which are to be used with helmet on head, neck restraints, & other in car protection (for auto-performance sports) so these have to be bit straighter to be non intrusive & yet functional with the helmet.

The Honda, Hyundai seats with joint headrest are definitely a step down on safety IMO.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy
head rests removed
Those head rests are removed from Swift because it gives better REAR view and makes the car LESS claustrophobic....guess sometimes fixed seats are better option in a SMALL car. When was the last time you saw drivers head touching the headrest, very rare, usually the head is leaning upright/forward but never resting backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
Mate, just to be clear i have never commented on them being uncomfortable.
All i was referring to was them looking cheap which they indeed do (just my view)
I am not against your views. I am just trying to explain that - those seats are not as bad as it looks, I am not not sure if you have checked it out in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardeep
recaro
I definately didnt mean to compare Honda/Hyundai seats directly with Recaros, just mean to compare the design from head-rest prespective. having said that....the Recaro seats that i am referring to are OEM Recaro seats found in luxury sports cars from factory itself (which are used without helmet or neck restraints)...and not the Recaros of professional sports that you are referring to. Check link-

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/jn.../overview.html

Last edited by aerohit : 23rd February 2016 at 13:12.
Old 25th February 2016, 20:35   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Amaze refresh appears at dealerships before its March 3rd launch.
Now seen in a new shade of blue.

Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-hondaamazeexterior67783.jpg
Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-hondaamazefacelift67781.jpg
Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-hondaamazeinterior67782.jpg
Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-hondaamazeexterior67784.jpg
Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-hondaamazeexterior67785.jpg

http://www.carwale.com/news/22348-ho...our-shade.html
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 20:58   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda Amaze refresh appears at dealerships before its March 3rd launch.
Now seen in a new shade of blue.
Blue shade looks similar to Hyundai's blue (in old gen facelifted i20 i.e. with DRLs, and Xcent). This facelift looks really good overall, where Honda has addressed the main negatives (read : Deal Breakers) of the car instead of fiddling with the already good items (like alloy and wheel cap designs). Quite similar to what Yamaha did with their R15 V2.0.

Is the inside door handle not silver/chrome finished? Is it the same with current generation also?
Old 26th February 2016, 07:59   #42
BHPian

Seems someone at Honda thought, the front end dyes of Mobilio are getting wasted and used them on the amaze. The front seems too similar to that of Mobilio except for few changes to the bumper.

karts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 13:30   #43
BHPian

The interior in the pic above is not of the top trims - I hope. Though the interior looks better I'd love to see a full 7" touchscreen
Old 29th February 2016, 19:23   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Ready for the launch on 3rd March, Amaze spy pics appear.

2016 Honda Amaze Comes Standard with Auto AC,base model, doesn’t get the rear defogger button beside the front demister.
In terms of safety, It is expected that like the outgoing one.

Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-honda0.jpg

Quote:
The base trim comes with no highlights, except elusive black palettes while higher variants will come with silver and chrome highlights. There's this new audio unit which now supports Bluetooth phone telephony. The instrument cluster is similar to that of the City, but it doesn't come with the huge circular LCD display. Higher variants come with chrome rings inserted in the instrument cluster
Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-4.jpg
Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-5.jpg

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...o-ac-18035.htm

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th February 2016 at 19:24.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2016, 11:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

2016 Honda Amaze to come with climate control as standard.

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...tandard/24832/
Attached Thumbnails
Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-newhondaamazeinteriorm1_720x540.jpg  

Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-newhondaamazeinteriorm2_720x540.jpg  

Refreshed Honda Amaze spied; *EDIT* Now launched starting 5.3 lakhs-newhondaamazeinteriorm3_720x540.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks