Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 10:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Volkswagen NOT to bring next-gen Jetta to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Some how I am unable to digest this news. There are European countries with Right hand drive like Ireland and UK (still in EU) having good demand for Jetta and I have seen a lot of them on road here. VW would be missing a nice opportunity if they choose not to manufacture Jetta in RHD version
While it is true that VW will be missing an opportunity, the bean counters will probably have decided that the size of the opportunity from RHD markets (UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, etc) is not big enough when compared to the rest of the world.
But bean counters don't always get it right. Mercedes-Benz did it recently, with its compact SUV - what is now called the GLC used to be the GLK and was not available in RHD. This, despite the fact that the compact SUV market exploded bang in the middle of the product's lifecycle!
Old 16th August 2016, 11:43   #32
BHPian

Re: VW Jetta to be discontinued in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

However, the complete lack of transparency from VW India and ARAI totally turned me off from the Jetta. There was NO clarification from any party about the 2.0 TDI remediation plans and all I could do was to read media info on what VW, ARAI & sundry 'regulators' opined.
So this is also my concern. Maybe a bit OT and may have been covered in another thread, but I have also been unable to get a response from ARAI and VW India about how the emissions issue is being handled here .

Any inputs from the group are most welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks