Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2016, 12:27   #31
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Renault patents Grand Scenic MPV for India

The Renault Scenic looks and feels awesome, importantly it has width allowing for proper seating when having more passengers in the 2nd row. They should plonk the standard 1.5 diesel and 1.5 petrol to cater on the lower side and the higher capacity powerful engines 2.0 and above to offer to compete with Innova. It would be a killer of a product with it's looks, space, utility features and performance.
Old 8th September 2016, 13:46   #32
BHPian

How do these European MPVs stack up against the American-style minivan, like Odyssey, Town and Country, Sienna, Sedona, etc.? The American vehicles seem to be bigger and more spacious. I've always wondered why no manufacturer brings in a pucca minivan here. Maybe with a diesel engine for the kitna dehti hai crowd.
Old 10th September 2016, 20:52   #33
BHPian

Here's a review of the Scenic & Grand Scenic by carwow:
BigBrad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 10:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Nice catch!

The Grand Scenic is quite a looker, inside out. And a very capable 7-seater to boot. Scheduled to hit French showrooms by mid-October.

Since they have quite confidently snatched away some of the Alto's near-monopolised market, I bet Renault is bullish on the Grand Scenic's chances against the Toyota Innova.

Here are fresh shots of the 2016 Grand Scenic.

CarScoops
Wow! Just look at the fuel consumption figures. Urban cycle consumption of 4.5 l / 100 Km. That's over 20 kpl in our terminology.

This could be great if priced at par with the new Innova Crysta. Given the Crysta's pricing, there would be many people like me willing to look at other brands. Renault Duster has established itself as a reliable long-term car and the Kwid is a runaway success, so getting people into the showroom shouldn't be a problem for this good-looker.
aptiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 17:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know if the Grand Scenic has a monocoque or ladder on frame construction? Also if it is a rear wheel drive or a forward wheel drive? Though I have gone through the spec sheet on page#1 of this thread I could not find the overall length and the wheelbase of this car. Can someone shed some light on this?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 17:35   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Does anyone know if the Grand Scenic has a monocoque or ladder on frame construction? Also if it is a rear wheel drive or a forward wheel drive?
Hi AutoIndian,
The Grand Scenic is a monocoque and the front wheels are powered by the engine.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 18:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
How do these European MPVs stack up against the American-style minivan, like Odyssey, Town and Country, Sienna, Sedona, etc.? The American vehicles seem to be bigger and more spacious. I've always wondered why no manufacturer brings in a pucca minivan here. Maybe with a diesel engine for the kitna dehti hai crowd.
The answer is almost always this: Indian Market

Sienna (or any other US-spec minivan) would be both size and cost prohibitive. Its over 5 meters long and would cost well over Rs.40L, even 50 big one. Now tell me, would you buy one?
Old 12th September 2016, 20:44   #38
Senior - BHPian

Here is another youtube review of the Grand Scenic, just background music, no narration. This car provides tremendous flexibility and has umpteen storage spaces, you can't ever imagine.

AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 18:43   #39
BANNED

Source: http://www.km77.com/fotos/Renault/Gr...ype=1&limit=99

The clear images of Grand Scenic.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Renault patents Grand Scenic MPV for India-5_1.jpg  

Scoop! Renault patents Grand Scenic MPV for India-5.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2016, 19:17   #40
BHPian

Can't see Grand scenic launched anytime soon here in India. I believe Renault will continue to bring in the Dacia flavor here in India. Even if Renault has plans I believe this wont be launched anytime soon. Coming to the car, it looks like a car from the future. Will surely give competition to its segment only if priced sensibly and if proper seating options are made available.
Old 16th September 2016, 11:14   #41
Senior - BHPian

Looks great and I hope Renault bring it to India in its international guise (read: not watered down for the Indian market). But product aside, for Renault to challenge the Innova, they need to get the after sales support properly sorted as well as have a low cost of ownership (localisation of spares etc). Else it won't cater to the biggest customer segment - i.e, fleet operators.
Old 25th September 2016, 13:10   #42
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The new Grand Scenic is a fabulous looking MPV indeed, from the company that created and popularised the MPV!

The new Scenic has received a full 5* Euro-NCAP rating as well.

Renault must bring the Grand Scenic to India - it will slot in neatly above the Lodgy!

For all doubters who think it's highly unlikely that the new Grand Scenic will make it to India, here's something to consider. The previous generation Grand Scenic was spotted testing in India a while ago. We even have a thread about the same:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...i-highway.html (SCOOP: Renault Grand Scenic MPV spotted on the Bangalore-Chennai Highway)

Bring it on, Renault India!

Last edited by RSR : 25th September 2016 at 13:19.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks