Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2024, 12:57   #61
BHPian

Re: Parivahan - Portal for Road Transport from MORTH

Recently completed transfer of ownership of car using Parivahan Portal. While the process was smooth, there was confusion regarding visiting the DTO (District Transport Office) after completing of online formalities like document upload and payment. Turns out I had to visit the DTO, then find my car's registration file, then hand that to a lady who wrote something and slipped it in, then I had to take the signature of the officer and then finally submit it to the IT guy.

In all this, I did not have to pay a single penny as "bribe". The officials simply carried out their work which left me happy because the last time (2008) I visited the same office for DL detail updation, I had to shell out 2500 rupees otherwise my file would "mysteriously" keep getting lost. After it happened four times, I got the hint and paid the amount they asked.

I had to pay only 450 rupees in the Parivahan portal for transfer of ownership and that was it. Happy that this has cut down the scope of officials to indulge in corrupt practices.
Attached Thumbnails
Parivahan - Portal for Road Transport from MORTH-screenshot_20240110_125330_adobe-acrobat.jpg  

wadewilson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 11:56   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Parivahan - Portal for Road Transport from MORTH

MoRTH has extended the validities of certain expiring documents because the Parivahan portal was down for most of early February.

Notification link:
https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/sar...duQjdYMXc9PQ==

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks