Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2016, 01:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Ameo 1.5L Diesel launched at Rs. 6.33 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Comparison between Zest, Dzire & Ameo

Attachment 1561427
Please check the data that you've provided again. The Zest has 390L boot and not 257L as you've mentioned.

Quoted from the TBHP review for reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Interior - Rear

The Zest's 390-liter boot is bigger than the Dzire's and only slightly smaller than the Xcent (407 L) & Amaze (400 L).
Better verify all the information and provide an updated screenshot to the mods with which to replace this one.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:14   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Ameo Diesel prices in Mumbai/Thane, w.e.f. 01/10/2016.

Volkswagen Ameo 1.5L Diesel launched at Rs. 6.33 lakh-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 20:50   #33
BHPian

What's that "Depot charges"?
Is it something like "handling charges", which is not legal by court orders.

Last edited by redbaron91 : 2nd October 2016 at 20:54. Reason: Grammer
redbaron91 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2016, 23:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
What's that "Depot charges"?
Is it something like "handling charges", which is not legal by court orders.
I checked the vento price list the amount is same as handling charged 6900/- so yeah it seems they are trying to still get out the handling charges by giving a fancy new name.
lHarpreetl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 12:58   #35
Senior - BHPian

I must say that this is excellent pricing by VW for the Ameo and thankfully they have forgone the stiff lipped, superior German engineering attitude in pricing this car. They have probably realized that all the das auto and german engineering advertising blitzkrieg is not really translating to sales for cars that initially seem to be solid but are not really as reliable and solid long termers as most other Korean and Japanese cars. Now the only hope is that we don't have substandard parts used to keep prices low and further reduce long term reliability.

Last edited by SPARKled : 3rd October 2016 at 13:00.
Old 3rd October 2016, 15:28   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw a brand new Steel Grey one today. Smashing looks and loaded with exterior and interior features UNTIL you see the side and back :-(
Old 3rd October 2016, 15:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
Having had a Vento for almost 4 years, I can safely say the service expenses are not more than what I spent for my Swift over an identical period. Touch wood!

Such was the confidence it inspired that when we were looking for a hatch for my wife, we couldn't look beyond VW. She drives the GT TSI now!

Simply no other car has that build quality in this segment.
I guess this quote would be the final nail in the coffin for me to finally Jump into the VW brigade , planning to upgrade my Auto i10 to GT TSI or Vento TDI DSG . If I plan to keep the i10 auto i would buy a 1.6 S-Cross . (Any inputs would be help me ).
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 16:47   #38
BHPian

So if one manages to avoid paying depot charges and an insurance from outside, this will translate into very sweet deal.
Any Bangaloreans, please share the price list if someone managed to get it.
I was behind GT TDi all these months, but now what's the value addition for GT TDi when Ameo comes loaded with all featured and power too.
Well, looks doesn't bother me much.
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:09   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Saw a brand new Steel Grey one today. Smashing looks and loaded with exterior and interior features UNTIL you see the side and back :-(
It really isn't as hideous as the Dzire was when it came out , but only Maruti could get away with that!
sunsetorange is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2016, 00:19   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
I guess this quote would be the final nail in the coffin for me to finally Jump into the VW brigade , planning to upgrade my Auto i10 to GT TSI or Vento TDI DSG . If I plan to keep the i10 auto i would buy a 1.6 S-Cross . (Any inputs would be help me ).
Are you not considering the Ameo? I don't see you mentioned anything about it? I suggest you keep just one car unless there is a daily use for both.

There are a lot of unnecessary expense that you'll incur even if a car is not used regular (insurance renewal, for example). Plus, cars generate more problems if they stay idle (starting from rodent attacks). It'll need space & maintenance irrespective of the running.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 17:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Please check the data that you've provided again. The Zest has 390L boot and not 257L as you've mentioned.

Better verify all the information and provide an updated screenshot to the mods with which to replace this one.
Thanks VeluM for pointing out. The sheet has been replaced.

In fact Dzire's boot capacity was also wrongly mentioned. Corrected both
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 21:30   #42
Senior - BHPian

Awaiting the detailed review from Team-Bhp.

Meanwhile, a (p)review from NDTV C&B.
http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/volkswa...review-1470655
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2016, 22:23   #43
BHPian

Autocar India too have come up with their review.

Some excerpts:

Quote:
This latest version of the 1.5 TDI diesel is just plain impressive. Sure, it's a little noisy at start-up and at higher revs, but the car is quite well insulated and it's something you can get used to. With 110hp and 250Nm, it's a wee bit more powerful than the old version of this motor, thanks to a new, larger turbocharger. There's no way to do an ‘apples to apples’ comparison with the old motor just yet, but we can tell you that in the Ameo, the new one feels supremely punchy and powerful.
Quote:
There's seemingly no let up in power, and since the powerband is relatively short even by diesel standards, you charge through it rather quickly. It's even got a decent top end. And, because the gear ratios have been smartly chosen, there's little in the way of perceptible lag too.
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2016, 14:12   #44
BHPian

Overdrive review is up!

Some noteworthy points:

Quote:
It also has a healthy torque output of 250Nm which, though similar to the GT, is available across a wider rev-band. The result is an improvement in driveability in conditions like city commutes, overtakes and twisties where the mid-range grunt makes all the difference.
Quote:
While the GT TDI managed a 0-100kmph sprint in about 11.4s in our tests, the Ameo diesel automatic did the same in 10.9s! The manual transmission impressed us further by going 0.1s quicker than its automatic counterpart and becoming the quickest diesel compact sedan we have tested so far!
Quote:
With the manual gearbox, this engine needs about 2,000rpm to cruise at 100kmph.
Quote:
Stability at highway speeds is excellent. The suspension seemed slightly on the stiffer side as compared to the revised set-up on the new Polo that we reviewed in 2014. It crashes in deep potholes and doesn’t feel as supple as the hatch when encountering sharp bumps — almost reminding us of the older Polo.
So VW seem to have taken the title of 'quickest affordable diesel' back to themselves.
Considering that Figo/Aspire is a little quicker than 1.6 TDI, is the new 110PS 1.5 quicker than the good old 1.6?

Last edited by theredliner : 6th October 2016 at 14:16.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 23:29   #45
BHPian

Motorbeam have put up their video review of Ameo TDI,

Speedo indicated 0-100 times (don't believe their VBox claims):

Manual: 9.89s
DSG: 9.96s

They had managed 9.72s with the Aspire (9.66 with the Figo), but the Aspire seems to have a higher speedo error.
Also, they were over-revving the heck out of the Ameo's engine, shifting at 5k RPM (peak power is at 4k RPM).
With the shifting done between 4 and 4.2k RPM, I believe Ameo will be slightly quicker.

Whatever it is, the difference between Ameo's and Aspire's outright performance should be negligible.

The bigger turbo in the Ameo seems to have brought some lag below 1500 RPM (according to the reviews). So the Aspire seems to be a bit better at low revs.

The mid range should be slightly stronger in the Ameo due to better torque to weight ratio.

The Ameo diesel with it stiffer suspension setup should handle better and have better high speed stability.

Coming away from the drive factor,
Ameo blows the Aspire away in terms of interior and exterior build and features.
Aspire blows the Ameo away in terms of rear seat space.
Aspire also has some unique features like leather seats and 6 airbags.
Aspire will likely have cheaper maintenance and less scary ownership.

Pretty well balanced fight IMO. I do not find any reason to look beyond these two when it comes to diesel compact sedans.

Hope the updated GT TDI is brought at or below Ameo Highline TDI's price levels.

PS Now Autocar's video review is up too,

Last edited by theredliner : 7th October 2016 at 23:52.
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks