Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2008, 12:53   #91
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone else think that Audi made a mistake by offering the fabulous A4 3.2 FSI ONLY with an Automatic tranny? Call me crazy, but I’d prefer a slick-shifting manual over even the fastest automatic. And a car like the A4 3.2 which is geared toward enthusiasts deserves a slick manual. Heck, it will be cheaper too.
Old 31st January 2009, 16:51   #92
BHPian

Cars that thrilled us...

Down the years, rarely does an Indian manufactured / assembled car comes that blows your mind away & that you cravingly desired either because of its sheer power, driveability, variant, looks, dynamics, irrespective of it class, segment or sales figures.

Some contenders maybe:
The Contessa Classic
Standard 2000
The First Maruti Zen
The First 106bhp Honda City 1.5 Vtec
The Original Fiat Palio 1.6 100bhp
The Skoda Octavia vRS

Folks could you add up some more machines you craved for and actually bought them?
Old 31st January 2009, 17:15   #93
Senior - BHPian

Honda Civic.

I craved a Skoda Octavia vRS, but it got cut from the company's folio. Then I heard about ridiculous running costs. Then I saw a Civic. And drove it. The rest is, as they say, history.
Old 31st January 2009, 17:22   #94
Senior - BHPian

Swift.Have always craved for it since the day it was launched ..!!Glad did not get it then otherwise would have ended up with a petrol one.
Swift Diesel it is.
Wanted a white swift.Got a white swift

Dreams do come true
Old 31st January 2009, 17:27   #95
Senior - BHPian

My list would be : Honda civic, Previous Gen Accord, OHC , Suzuki Swift , Fiat Palio, Chevy Optra ( 1st model). Somehow really liked the Optra & then came the Civic to spoil the party.
Old 31st January 2009, 17:51   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Down the years, rarely does an Indian manufactured / assembled car comes that blows your mind away & that you cravingly desired either because of its sheer power, driveability, variant, looks, dynamics, irrespective of it class, segment or sales figures.

Some contenders maybe:
The Contessa Classic
The First Maruti Zen

these are the two Indian car which have blown me away

the zen for its driveability
i have a 2000 model mpi zen and that car pull from mere 35-40 Km/hr
in 5th gear and the zippyness of the car and ease of parking

like i say

No car is like zen or will ever be.

Contessa Classic 1.8 glx( currently in buying process )

i like the power its produces and the way the cars runs. i can definitely say a well tuned conti can give a OHC run for its money
Old 31st January 2009, 18:40   #97
BHPian

Ford Mondeo. Pity it is not available anymore here. Honda Civic is amazing too.
Old 1st February 2009, 03:42   #98
Senior - BHPian

I had once been driven in a Ford Mondeo by Jagat Nanjappa. Oh! boy, did he drive.

from the current gen Fiesta S rocks and Palio could've been miles better than what they manufacture. pity, they dont care.
Old 1st February 2009, 20:23   #99
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Too bad we lost the RS in recent time. But hey, it's residuals equate to a great drivers car for 7.5 lakhs!
Old 2nd February 2009, 00:09   #100
Senior - BHPian

but will the models be in good shape? rich brats who buy it are known to thrash the cars. I have seen OHC vtecs in bad shapes. 1.3 instead are better to buy in comparision.
Old 11th August 2009, 23:53   #101
BHPian

have newer cars filled the void left by the famous four, City 1.5, Ikon 1.6, Petra 1

have newer cars filled the void left by the famous four, City 1.5, Ikon 1.6, Petra 1.6, Baleno,

to all true blue drivers, what do you guys think,
Ive never been able to replicate the thrill i experienced when I first drove the city 1.5. Ive never experienced same feelings driving other cars or newer cars, Infact I think the old honda city 1.5 had a mesmerising driver appeal and its same with baleno and Ikon 1.6, they would charm you with power and sharp racy handling. These cars were iconic, I feel, and offered an enchanting experience while driving. I remember powering out of tight turns and barrelling down narrow roads, these cars inspired confidence and gave you goosebumps not out of fear, but out of pleasure. though new cars have become efficient and powerfull, none comes close to the famous four. I sure miss them and its not yet time to bid adieu.
I think new cars are made to meet daily requirements while earlier ones were designed to be unique.

p.s. can some one tell me whether baleno spares are in short supply or not. Thanks.
Old 12th August 2009, 08:50   #102
Senior - BHPian

Petra? Really? Always knew the Palio 1.6 was a driver's car but the Petra was just one with a boot. Either way, here's how I see it. Today, we have cars like Civics, Octy VRS etc which we never did. We don't have those driver's cars in the lower segments anymore (except the Palio maybe) but we do have better choices in the 10L plus area. And Baleno spares should be easily available since after all, its a Maruti and been discontinued only for a couple of years.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:03   #103
Senior - BHPian

void? excuse me - but what void?
There's Fiesta 1.6 under 8L range. If you want to pay a little more there's Civic and the Laura TSI in the sub 20L range.

More than performance or car, i guess what you are thinking about is the romantic notion of the old/nostalgia.
Old 12th August 2009, 10:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

and many may not agree, but the cedia sports makes a nice case for itself at 10 lacs. The price point at which OHC vtec and lancer sfxi used to sell previously.

Complete with OZ alloys, Momo steering, Ralliart pedals, spoiler and carbon finished dash.

Below that Fiesta 1.6s and even below the swift are good options.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:01   #105
Senior - BHPian

Anyone checked out the new Cedia?
Its got a new grill, getting rid off the ridiculous toothy grin grill that it was sporting earlier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks