Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2016, 14:41   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series GT India launch. EDIT: Launched at 43.30 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strella View Post
Ha ha, Nucliomaniac, my friend I can understand your anguish. I would have been in the same boat as you, but have been holding my horses for a long time.

This car in its present form is a good option. Personally, I think the 330i GT ticks almost all the options. The only thing I may have to compromise on may be my choice of Melbourne Red.
The icing on the cake, is the boot space. all the car you would ever need.

- nucliomaniac
Nucliomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 15:34   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
BMW India has launched 3GT at ₹ 43.30 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

There are two variants on offer on the diesel - the Sport which is priced at ₹ 43.30 lakh and the Luxury which costs ₹ 46.50 lakh. BMW has also introduced a petrol variant of the 3GT which comes priced at ₹ 47.50 lakh. (all prices ex-showroom Delhi)

The upgrades and facelift on the exterior front are quite minor but still tend to make the 3GT look better than before. The biggest and most obvious upgrade are the new full LED headlamps that also get a new LED daytime running light setup. The headlamps get a camera-based adaptive assistance system to help light the road better and to automatically redirect certain elements in the headlamps when faced with oncoming traffic. The frameless door design on the 3GT gladly stays as and so does the electronically deployable spoiler on the bootlid.

The BMW 3GT is available with a 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 190bhp of peak power and 400Nm of peak power. The engine is mated to a -speed automatic gearbox and a rear wheel drive setup. Just like the older 3GT, expect this new one to be very comfortable with ride quality given more importance than handling.

BMW has also launched a petrol version of the GT, the 330i, which comes powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged, inline 4 engine which churns out 252bhp. The 330i can go from a standstill to 100km/h in just 6.1 seconds. This engine, however, is available only on the 3GT for the time being and we might soon see it on the 3 Series sedan as well.

Source: NDTV
Thanks for the update.

Considering my landed on-road Mumbai cost for Sportsline was around what the ex-showroom Delhi price is, I'm not complaining. Launch of that delightful petrol aside, most of the changes are missable for me personally. The one really nice change I liked is the introduction of paddle shifts I'm told that are now standard across the 3 variants. I would really have liked that in my car.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 15:38   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Thanks for the update.

Considering my landed on-road Mumbai cost for Sportsline was around what the ex-showroom Delhi price is, I'm not complaining. Launch of that delightful petrol aside, most of the changes are missable for me personally. The one really nice change I liked is the introduction of paddle shifts I'm told that are now standard across the 3 variants. I would really have liked that in my car.
Hello Axe, I agree with You, besides the introduction of the super petrol engine, nothing major has changed.

Just wanted your feedback regarding the frameless windows. How has the experience been. Is there any wind noise or a little more sound sneaking in because of the frameless glass. Besides this point, I do think the door with those frames missing look really cool.

Thanks.
Old 24th October 2016, 15:50   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strella View Post
Hello Axe, I agree with You, besides the introduction of the super petrol engine, nothing major has changed.

Just wanted your feedback regarding the frameless windows. How has the experience been. Is there any wind noise or a little more sound sneaking in because of the frameless glass. Besides this point, I do think the door with those frames missing look really cool.

Thanks.
All fine - no issues whatsoever!!

I love the uniqueness of the frameless window, the small spoiler at the back that lifts up after a particular speed etc and of course the practicality.

I'd always recommend it as a buy.

I've got a small initial ownership report here if you're considering the GT and want to scan through.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ip-review.html

A first year ownership update and first service update will follow through in the next few weeks. Its gone for its first annual service today.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 16:21   #20
BHPian

Wow! What a proposition.
Those looks and that power.

The question is: whether it makes sense to sacrifice handling of 320d for this one.

Time to call up the dealer and ask for deals and discounts.

I wonder if that current 7.XX% interest offer is being extended to GT as well.
Old 24th October 2016, 16:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to the showroom the other day - Infinity BMW @ Worli, Mumbai.

According to them the new GT will actually hit the showrooms next month; and comes with minor changes.
They also have some pre-FL models in stock which I am sure will be offered with heavy discounts!

Personally - I loved the drive. Sure it won't handle as well as the 320D; but as an overall ride/handling package - it was hard to beat!
lamborghini is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 01:46   #22
BHPian

Quote:

BMW has also launched a petrol version of the GT, the 330i, which comes powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged, inline 4 engine which churns out 252bhp. The 330i can go from a standstill to 100km/h in just 6.1 seconds. This engine, however, is available only on the 3GT for the time being and we might soon see it on the 3 Series sedan as well.

Source: NDTV
Do you Mr djay99, or anyone else for that matter know whether the 330i GT has rear view camera(s) or not? And if it doesn't has BMW done anything for us to possibly get a camera hooked in?

I know its most likely a no, but just hoping someone comes bearing good news.
Old 28th October 2016, 02:13   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijnoirhammer67 View Post
Do you Mr djay99, or anyone else for that matter know whether the 330i GT has rear view camera(s) or not? And if it doesn't has BMW done anything for us to possibly get a camera hooked in?

I know its most likely a no, but just hoping someone comes bearing good news.
Hi mijnoirhammer67,

All new BMW 3 GT variants (320d Sport line, luxury line and 330i) have rear view camera as standard equipment Source

I was surprised to see fuel efficiency of 330i to be 15.34KMPL in mixed driving cycle under standard conditions. Pretty efficient mill i must say.

Last edited by djay99 : 28th October 2016 at 02:19.
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 16:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Wow! What a proposition.

I wonder if that current 7.XX% interest offer is being extended to GT as well.
That's available on 3, X3 and 5 er only. That too I am told for this month only and if the papers are strong. I am sure they would extend to the year end at least.

The best part is that the rate is independent of tenure and is valid for 7 years as well AND for Balloon scheme also.

So, if you negotiate hard on an X3, you may end up having the car on almost the same EMI as the GT. That's good value considering the X3 is more car per rupee and is nearly 8 lacs more expensive. X3 Vs GT LL
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 16:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post

The best part is that the rate is independent of tenure and is valid for 7 years as well AND for Balloon scheme also.
Do you know if BMW offers regular discount along with 7.99 finance scheme on 3 series or is it just one of them?
Old 28th October 2016, 17:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know if BMW offers regular discount along with 7.99 finance scheme on 3 series or is it just one of them?
What I know is that the 7.9% comes from HO. So, the dealer is independent to offer deals. For example a negotiated deal won't be sweetened any further if the retail loan goes to any other bank.
BeamerBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 01:05   #27
BHPian

Has anyone bought this car over here? I'm really interested in buying the 330i GT. I would've normally waited for the 330i sedan but the extended wheelbase and legroom does look kinda handy. Ive got a few questions;

-Does the new GT have a larger iDrive screen as compared to the pre facelift version? I saw someones ownership thread and saw the previous size but as to what i know the facelift has a bigger screen or was it downsized for India?

- Has anyone driven the 330i GT? A drivers opinion would really be appreciated. Ive never driven or sat in a 3GT and theres no way i can TD the 330i currently. So wanted to know how it drives over our roads and how it tackles potholes and speedbrakers.

- I understand the 330i comes in Luxury line trim and was hoping to get the sports seat installed, is there a way to do that?

- Does the front seat have memory saving functions on them? I fancy driving this car in the city a few times and it'll never be driver driven so this would be handy.

- In a few other BMW's where the electronic parking break is, there is another switch located right under it for the Auto Hold function which is rather helpful in traffic. I know the 3 and 3 GT have a manual hand brake. And i haven't seen the auto hold function so was hoping someone could clear that up? IM sure there isn't but last time i asked for a camera, it did come out as a yes which rather surprised me. I don't get why the 3 GT has rear view camera but the regular 3 doesn't costing 40 lakhs OTR.

If someone could shed some light on this, it would be really appreciated as I'm in a huge dilemma and need some helping. Thanks

Also, any idea when the 3 series sedan equipped with the 330i engine will launch?
Old 16th November 2016, 06:47   #28
Team-BHP Support

I haven't seen the 330i GT but I think I can answer some of these Qs.

I think there's a bigger screen but I'm not 100% sure.
Ride quality on a GT is pretty good by segment standards.
I don't think it'll be practical to change the entire seat. May technically be possible but will likely be VERY expensive.
Car has auto hold function on inclines. Doesn't need a separate button - activates automatically.
Front drivers seat has 2 memory function.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 07:21   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone bought this car over here? I'm really interested in buying the 330i GT. I would've normally waited for the 330i sedan but the extended wheelbase and legroom does look kinda handy. Ive got a few questions;

- Has anyone driven the 330i GT? A drivers opinion would really be appreciated. Ive never driven or sat in a 3GT and theres no way i can TD the 330i currently. So wanted to know how it drives over our roads and how it tackles potholes and speedbrakers.

If someone could shed some light on this, it would be really appreciated as I'm in a huge dilemma and need some helping. Thanks

Having owned a 320d and having driven a 3GT, here are some initia thoughts:

- you sit higher in the GT. Feels like you have more visibility
- much much more leg room in the back. Very nice
- BUT handling does not compare to a regular 3. Doesn't corner as well, and fees a little bulky.

All in all, it's beautiful and practical -- but it's not a 3. If you're buying for the driving dynamics, get a regular 330.
torquing_points is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 09:09   #30
BHPian

Quote:
-Does the new GT have a larger iDrive screen as compared to the pre facelift version? I saw someones ownership thread and saw the previous size but as to what i know the facelift has a bigger screen or was it downsized for India?
Hi mijnoirhammer67,

Yes, new GT is equipped with larger idrive (22.3 cm) with Navigation System Professional, including 20 GB on board memory.
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks