Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2016, 16:32   #1
Team-BHP Support

BMW 3-Series GT India launch. EDIT: Launched at 43.30 lakh

Earlier this year, BMW had released images of the facelifted 3-Series GT. The car went on to make its global debut at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. Now, media reports claim that the car's launch in India is scheduled for October 19, 2016.

The facelifted model gets minor tweaks and now comes with adaptive LED headlights, LED fog lamps, redesigned front grille and bumper with larger air intakes and new LED tail lights. The 3-Series GT also gets the latest version of BMW's navigation system.

No details about what engines and transmissions will be on offer in the Indian market have been released. In international markets, the 3-Series GT is offered with a total of 18 engine, gearbox and drive configurations. Currently the 3-Series is offered only in the 320d trim, which is powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 188 BHP and 400 Nm of torque. The engine is mated to an 8-Speed Steptronic automatic transmission, which transfers power to rear wheels.

It will be interesting to see if BMW will also introduce petrol engines in the Indian market considering the recent shift in buyers' preference to petrol engines.

BMW 3-Series GT India launch. EDIT: Launched at 43.30 lakh-bmw3seriesgranturismowallpaper1600x120001.jpg

BMW 3-Series GT India launch. EDIT: Launched at 43.30 lakh-bmw3seriesgt.jpg

Last edited by Omkar : 7th October 2016 at 16:49.
Omkar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 17:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW 3-Series GT India launch. EDIT: Launched at 43.30 lakh

This will be offered with the 30i petrol option I believe. Will be a great car to buy, with the 245bhp turbo petrol, and lots of fun too!

I hope this engine makes its way back to the regular 3 also.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 18:11   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This will be offered with the 30i petrol option I believe
Yes, CKD Kits for petrol have been imported, there was discussion on a separate thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4071283
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 13:43   #4
BHPian

Well, its true , finally we have the updated GT available with a petrol engine in the 330i guise.

Good news for all the petrol heads. Pricing is on par with the diesel sibling.
Strella is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 14:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

BMW India has launched 3GT at ₹ 43.30 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

There are two variants on offer on the diesel - the Sport which is priced at ₹ 43.30 lakh and the Luxury which costs ₹ 46.50 lakh. BMW has also introduced a petrol variant of the 3GT which comes priced at ₹ 47.50 lakh. (all prices ex-showroom Delhi)

The upgrades and facelift on the exterior front are quite minor but still tend to make the 3GT look better than before. The biggest and most obvious upgrade are the new full LED headlamps that also get a new LED daytime running light setup. The headlamps get a camera-based adaptive assistance system to help light the road better and to automatically redirect certain elements in the headlamps when faced with oncoming traffic. The frameless door design on the 3GT gladly stays as and so does the electronically deployable spoiler on the bootlid.

The BMW 3GT is available with a 2.0-litre diesel engine that makes 190bhp of peak power and 400Nm of peak power. The engine is mated to a -speed automatic gearbox and a rear wheel drive setup. Just like the older 3GT, expect this new one to be very comfortable with ride quality given more importance than handling.

BMW has also launched a petrol version of the GT, the 330i, which comes powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged, inline 4 engine which churns out 252bhp. The 330i can go from a standstill to 100km/h in just 6.1 seconds. This engine, however, is available only on the 3GT for the time being and we might soon see it on the 3 Series sedan as well.

Source: NDTV
djay99 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 15:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Finally something for the petrolhead from BMW. The same B47 in everything was getting a bit boring. This should liven things up.
Old 19th October 2016, 19:17   #7
BHPian

Good to see that BMW started offering petrol variant in 3GT. Here in India most of the 3GT variants are bought for commute purpose and hardly someone is using for proper touring purpose.
Addition of petrol variant is a good decision as it will encourage more buyers and i am sure it will be pure comfort for touring as well as daily routine use.

What about handing of this car? No info about suspension setup improvement. Looks like BMW kept it like previous version. Due to long haul the car rolls a bit when you try to push it hard around the corners.
Old 20th October 2016, 00:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
The 330i can go from a standstill to 100km/h in just 6.1 seconds.
Source: NDTV
That is some serious speed. I wonder if this figure is in the sports mode or comfort?

I've always found this car to be an amazing looker (although I know many hate the way it looks). Just hope they provide killer discounts on this one as well just like the rest of their lineup. This will definitely be on my "Next car" list.
Old 20th October 2016, 01:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
This will be offered with the 30i petrol option I believe. Will be a great car to buy, with the 245bhp turbo petrol, and lots of fun too!

I hope this engine makes its way back to the regular 3 also.
I think this is a different tune from the 328i because the rating for that was 245hp from factory and this one is 250+ for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
That is some serious speed. I wonder if this figure is in the sports mode or comfort?

I've always found this car to be an amazing looker (although I know many hate the way it looks). Just hope they provide killer discounts on this one as well just like the rest of their lineup. This will definitely be on my "Next car" list.
I'm sure it's with launch control. And LC only works with Sports + mode AFAIK.
quickdraw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 09:40   #10
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series GT India launch on 19th October, 2016

BMW India already updated their website with 3GT LCI. With 330i, this segment is now more desirable for car enthusiasts. Interesting pricing. IMO, it’s a clear indication of higher pricing for upcoming 5 series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitahirrao View Post
What about handing of this car? No info about suspension setup improvement. Looks like BMW kept it like previous version. Due to long haul the car rolls a bit when you try to push it hard around the corners.
Body roll is present in comfort mode. But in sport mode, she behaves like a true sport car.

Last edited by ampere : 20th October 2016 at 10:04. Reason: Formatted post
Old 20th October 2016, 10:47   #11
BHPian

Boohoooo!!!

I love my 320d LCI, but man oh man!!

I'll trade mine for a 330i GT anyday!

Damn!!!

great pricing as well! Wont even fight for discounts. Any dealer listening?

_ Nucliomaniac
Nucliomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 11:11   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I think this is a different tune from the 328i because the rating for that was 245hp from factory and this one is 250+ for sure.
This is apparently 252bhp. Its possible this has the new B48 engine, will need to be confirmed though.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 11:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

I think bmw got it wrong on this one, the 3GT is meant for carrying passengers in comfort along with a lot of luggage, a diesel works best in such a situation. They should have introduced the 30d version for this facelift.

The 3 series should have got this engine, the 328i was discontinued because petrol fell out of favour here and BMW couldn't meet the demand elsewhere in the world. The 330i matches the old 6 cylinder 3 litre in power output and gives decent economy when you are not thrashing it. The 320i was a wasted opportunity.
Old 20th October 2016, 12:15   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
Boohoooo!!!

I love my 320d LCI, but man oh man!!

I'll trade mine for a 330i GT anyday!
Ha ha, Nucliomaniac, my friend I can understand your anguish. I would have been in the same boat as you, but have been holding my horses for a long time.

This car in its present form is a good option. Personally, I think the 330i GT ticks almost all the options. The only thing I may have to compromise on may be my choice of Melbourne Red.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 21st October 2016 at 01:22. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Strella is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 23:38   #15
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series GT India launch on 19th October, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
BMW India already updated their website with 3GT LCI. With 330i, this segment is now more desirable for car enthusiasts. Interesting pricing. IMO, it’s a clear indication of higher pricing for upcoming 5 series.

Body roll is present in comfort mode. But in sport mode, she behaves like a true sport car.
I have tested earlier version of 3GT for around 2000kms from various roads around Maharashtra but the long haul always had impact on driving spiritedly even in sports mode. 5 series handles much better than 3 Gt.
amitahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks