Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2016, 19:19   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series GT India launch. EDIT: Launched at 43.30 lakh

one of my friend is planning to buy a 3 series GT Luxury Line diesel and the dealership is offering a discount of 5 lakhs (if insurance+secure is taken from them). Is this a good deal or should we negotiate further? The dealer told me that there is limited support from BMW as GT facelift got launched recently - is this true?

Last edited by ece2k2 : 16th December 2016 at 19:21.
Old 29th December 2016, 14:25   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
one of my friend is planning to buy a 3 series GT Luxury Line diesel and the dealership is offering a discount of 5 lakhs (if insurance+secure is taken from them). Is this a good deal or should we negotiate further? The dealer told me that there is limited support from BMW as GT facelift got launched recently - is this true?
Yup that is true. in fact i am surprised you have been offered even 5 lacs on the car as dealers here are not offering anything. Maximum they are just dropping the handling charges. Go for it, its a great car and you are getting a good deal.
Old 2nd January 2017, 14:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
My opinion is that you can always fight for a 5L discount, even on a new vehicle.

My decision making process would be, if the 330i launches within a time frame, that you can wait for, consider that, else the 330i GT it is.

The 330i GT does look sick, one has to admit. With the coupe style roof. The mid range may not be as satisfying, as it is a turbocharged 4 cylinder motor.

All the best, the 330iGT Vs 330i is a good problem to have, and you should be feeling like the Indian cricket team selectors right now!!

- Nucliomaniac
Nucliomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 18:40   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India Review :

Quote:
If you compare it to the old 330i, this motor doesn’t feel as special, lacking that sense of occasion at any and all engine speeds that the straight-six offered so well. If you’re in Comfort mode and driving leisurely, it doesn’t feel any different to a 320i, as they are, at their core, the same basic motor. If the two motors were offered on the same model, there would definitely have to be some additional features and tricks to make you want to choose the ‘30i’ over the ‘20i’. In Sport and Sport+, the added performance can certainly be felt, but it’s relatively drama free, and that too only if you flatten the throttle hard. You’re whisked to seriously high speeds in the blink of an eye – 100kph being over and done with in a none-too-shabby 7.3sec – and all you can feel in the car is a slightly louder purr from the exhaust (certainly no straight-six scream). Some of this is down to the clever, smooth and seamless ZF eight-speed automatic, which just keeps getting better and better with each new BMW. It’s something you notice when cruising out on the highway too, where the new 330i will happily cruise at three-digit speeds at low revs in eighth, and will calmly kickdown for an overtake with you barely noticing.
BMW claims 0-100 in 6.1 seconds, but Autocar has got 7.3 seconds on their V Box. I have observed that BMW claimed figures are always better. Does BMW claim the figure of international variants and something to do with our fuel??

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-403844,0.aspx
Old 5th January 2017, 18:54   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Autocar India Review :

BMW claims 0-100 in 6.1 seconds, but Autocar has got 7.3 seconds on their V Box. I have observed that BMW claimed figures are always better. Does BMW claim the figure of international variants and something to do with our fuel??

I'm not sure if Autocar fills in speed 97, which is a must for full performance from a petrol like this. Also I don't think launch control may have been used. 1.2 seconds more than BMWs timing is a little strange.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 11:08   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Autocar India Review :

Now, Overdrive claims 0-100 in 6.5 seconds. Lots of variation in the figures. Where as Autocar has not really praised the engine, Overdrive seems to be quite impressed with the engine.

Moderators, any review of the 330i GT on the cards?

Thanks.
Strella is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks