Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2016, 12:22   #61
BHPian

Re: October 2016 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

On a general note, it can be seen that the combined sales of B2 segment cars is considerably higher than those of B1 segment or even the A segment. The same also holds true for C2 segment cars that lead the sales chart as compared to the C1 segment cars.

It is clear that the buyers respect value for money much more than anything else and would not go merely by the low price tag principle. They would not mind dishing out that extra vitamin "M" initially, in buying a car from higher segment, if it adds more value in the long run.
Old 27th November 2016, 19:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Any figures for the Isuzu V-Cross?
I understand it has found its niche and doing pretty well, especially in Punjab & A.P. Cumulative sales, apparently has crossed 3500+ units since launch.

And now with A.P. extending road tax exemptions to all Isuzu's, i guess registrations will definitely increase.
Old 27th November 2016, 19:40   #63
APV
BHPian

Eagerly waiting for Nov month numbers to understand immediate impact on Indian car industry following demonetisation drive. Scheme was rolled out on Nov 8 so we had a good 20 days in November. May be Dec numbers would give a better picture than November, but November numbers might show a trend like early hour projection of election result. what do you say?
Old 29th November 2016, 10:49   #64
BHPian

The Nov sales chart should throw a picture as to which segment of society has the largest black Money (In Hand. Not talking about Immovable black proeperties). I feel the biggest impact will be on Sub 10 Lac segment. Most people go for Finance Option and pay the amount in Cash(Black)! Lets see.
Old 29th November 2016, 20:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
The Nov sales chart should throw a picture as to which segment of society has the largest black Money (In Hand. Not talking about Immovable black proeperties). I feel the biggest impact will be on Sub 10 Lac segment. Most people go for Finance Option and pay the amount in Cash(Black)! Lets see.
I expect this may not have an immediate impact on the models which command long waiting period currently - likes of Brezza, Baleno, Creta, Innova, i20, Kwid - sure there will be lot of cancellations but others who are willing will get the slot. By the time the waiting period comes down, the cash crunch would have reduced somewhat and also the interest rates on car loans may come down, which in turn would fuel the car purchases.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks