Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2007, 14:19   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

My Lxi is also 2005 vintage and cost me only 5.8L onroad. I know that taxes in K,taka are higher than TN, but still 90K more is too much.

If the Lxi was 6.7L, how much was the Vxi and base model NHC at that time ?
As far as I know, it was 5.86 + 9% lifetime road tax in KK + 20,000 insurance.
(My dad paid for it when I was in Hyderabad and I've to pay him back, so don't take this to be the EXACT price)

Maybe after the discounts, it could have reduced, but we really can't talk about prices keeping the discounts in mind all the time, right?

The Vxi was approximately +1 lac and that is all I remember, the NHC was not on the list since Honda has bad A.S.S in Mysore.
Old 26th July 2007, 14:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

Saw an ad in todays TOI " 60k" discount on esteem, i think should make some decent sales with offers like this.
Old 26th July 2007, 16:11   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_nars View Post
Premium sedan (SX4 already there) or entry level (Esteem)?
If we consider Swift sedan competes with Esteem, then Esteem market share will go away. The only possibility could be Swift Sedan replacing Esteem.
Swift Sedan will be replacing Esteem for sure.....and about the Pricing it will be about 70-80k costlier than Swift
Old 26th July 2007, 16:28   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Saw an ad in todays TOI " 60k" discount on esteem, i think should make some decent sales with offers like this.
Except newly launched SX4 & Vitara, MUL's ad says discount for almost all models. Guess they want to speed up sales this month.
Old 26th July 2007, 16:34   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Except newly launched SX4 & Vitara, MUL's ad says discount for almost all models. Guess they want to speed up sales this month.
Traditionally, Monsoon season sees a dip in the sales. Probably, discounts are to counter that
Old 26th July 2007, 17:04   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartmundu View Post
Swift Sedan will be replacing Esteem for sure.....and about the Pricing it will be about 70-80k costlier than Swift
Any source about the pricing?
Old 26th July 2007, 17:25   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Esteem has got the highest discount among all other car's.
Guess "Esteem" is the ;lowest selling car from MUL's stable.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:36   #98
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Sathya nars. We can only discuss in which segment it will be in. I feel, MUL is giving discount on esteem to empty their stock yard or if they are doing some serious thinking of coming up with Swift sedan, then they may plonk it with DDiS and will be in between SX4 Vxi & Zxi. Hence they are offering a huge discount on Esteem.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:45   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
@e_l, you are definitely refering to old Esteem. IMO, interior plastic quality has deteriorated in later Esteems. I recently replaced my a/c grill, and man, the new one feels so cheap.
Yes, the quality of today;s spares are terrible. I had to change a vent in my car too & it broke within 15 days, how i wish i had continued with the old one.

But I am talking about the quality of the dash, it is pretty soft & does not give you the hard plastic feel at all.
Old 26th July 2007, 18:52   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Esteem has got the highest discount among all other car's.
Guess "Esteem" is the ;lowest selling car from MUL's stable.
Forgot the Versa?

Between, How can the Swift sedan (esteem replacement) by priced near to the SX4 when the SX4 is based on a extended platform of the same?

The pricing of the petrol should be near the Swift DDiS levels, so that diesel heads have the Swift DDiS, while sedanwalla's have the sedan. And even plonk a 1.3 DDiS in the bonnet after an year.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:19   #101
BHPian

If Swift Sedan replaces Esteem and if its priced above 6.5L or so, then MUL loses presence in entry level segment.
Old 26th July 2007, 19:49   #102
BHPian

BTW, from these discussions I thought of going for poll, please see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...c-segment.html
Old 28th July 2007, 09:27   #103
BHPian

Esteem is a very good car, that is also VFM. As long as it is selling well, why would Maruti do anything? I am not sure they'll be able to price the Swift Sedan properly to replace the Esteem.
Old 28th July 2007, 17:21   #104
BHPian

a brand new esteem vxi in chennai costs around 4.9L on road after discounts. and i maybe wrong but i feel the main reason they are able to manage that is because they have already got back all the money and more spent on the development of the esteem. so all the cost they need to bare now are the production costs. they couldn't possibly price the new swift sedan or whatever the replacement is going to be anywhere close to this!

as many of you have pointed out the esteem is a winner in almost every important parameter of todays entry level sedan buyer. the only major conplaints any of us now have would be the cramped rear, lack of safety features and outdated design.

its pure and simple maruti just doesnt find the NEED to replace the esteem.
Old 28th July 2007, 18:28   #105
BHPian

Quote:
If Swift Sedan replaces Esteem and if its priced above 6.5L or so, then MUL loses presence in entry level segment.

at 6.5-7Lakh they will be having Swift Sedan Diesel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks