Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2018, 12:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hindustan Petroleum launches 99-Octane fuel for high-end cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankpin View Post
I really don't see why they have to charge such a big premium on cleaner fuel which other than being more efficient inside the engine, will also be cleaner from an environment point of view!
I don't believe it takes any much more to make 93/95 RON fuel as compared to the fuel they are selling currently.
Well it does.

To give you a rough example (all numbers are fictitious but close to real life):
There is product called Reformate which is 105 octane number which is valued at Rs 45/L.
And Naphtha which is 65 octane number which is valued at Rs 25/L.

You mix them and arrive at 91 Octane number. What is the value of resultant stream? Basic linear algebra will give you the following results:
65% Reformate and 35% Naphtha will yield 91 Octane with a value of Rs 38/L

What about 93 Octane?
70% Reformate and 30% Naphtha will yield 93 Octane with a value of Rs 39/L

What about 95 Octane?
75% Reformate and 25% Naphtha will yield 95 Octane with a value of Rs 40/L

What about 97 Octane?
80% Reformate and 20% Naphtha will yield 97 Octane with a value of Rs 41/L

What about 99 Octane?
85% Reformate and 15% Naphtha will yield 99 Octane with a value of Rs 42/L

This is a very simplistic model, there are multiple products inside a refinery with varying octane number and value and varying constraints like sulfur content, aromatics, vapor pressure etc that needs to be met.
alpha1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2018, 21:45   #17
BHPian

Can anybody share the list of HP fuel stations in Bangalore where Power 99 is available?
Old 12th July 2018, 21:57   #18
BHPian

I have tried Speed 97 in my humble Linea Tjet multiple times and have really enjoyed the difference in engine response. More than the bump in power or response, I used to enjoy the refinement. The car used to feel relaxed and happy while cruising.

I tried Power 99 last month and to be honest it was a bit underwhelming when compared to Speed 97. While it's a cleaner fuel than Speed 97, for some reason my car's engine (1.4 Tjet) seems to respond better to Speed 97.

Since I have moved to Ahmedabad this month, I tried Shell V-Power. The attendant said it's RON 95 but online results state otherwise. Anyway, this fuel to felt quite good too. The engine felt smoother after it.

Seems my car prefers fuel with additives over the clean Power 99.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 13:39   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
HPCL has soft-launched the high octane petrol (RON 99) at Mysore, Karnataka.

HPCL's brand name for this product is poWer99. It is available only across 11 locations pan-India.

This is to cater to the need of Superbikes and Super Cars in tier two cities like Mysore. Today's rate is Rs 97.84 as against 77.05 of regular petrol (18/11/2018). It is available at HPCL's company-owned petrol pump on J.L.B. road, near Chamundipuram Circle, Mysore.

The dealership's name is "Sri Gananath Service Station".

Hope this helps auto enthusiasts like me. HPCL's Area Sales Manager Mr Arvind Kumar Mishra is available for more details @7759677644. I have used this product in my luxury car and can vouch for it. I can really feel the improvement in acceleration!
HPCL General Manager - Retail Mr C.K.Narsimha launched the product:
Hindustan Petroleum launches 99-Octane fuel for high-end cars-image1-3.jpeg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 10:09   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, wanted to try RON95 (BPCL Speed 97 or HPCL Power 99) in my Octy TSI in central/north BLR, but could not locate a pump which had stocks.

Checked at BPCL Nagpals Garage on Residency Road but they did not have any stock. They referred me to the BPCL COCO at Hosur Road, but were skeptical if they had any either. Other option was to try at the HPCL bunk at Manipal Hospital but it's a pain for me to drive there. Any ideas please?

Further, if anyone has working contact numbers for these bunks, please post them here so that we can call them first before reaching there!

Last edited by itwasntme : 14th January 2019 at 10:16.
Old 19th November 2020, 11:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hindustan Petroleum launches Power 99 High Octane Fuel in Chennai. It will be priced well over Rs. 100 per litre in Chennai.

Quote:
Sandeep Maheshwari, Chief General Manager, Retail - South Zone, HPCL said, "The market for high-end cars is increasing in many Indian cities such as Delhi, Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai. Hence, the demand for good fuel with a high octane rating is also on the rise
https://www.carandbike.com/news/hpcl...hennai-2327039
Old 19th November 2020, 11:26   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont get why HP does not launch the 99 octane at their BKC pump? The BP pump in BKC stocks 97 octane and is a favourite of every supercar owner living in the suburbs. Infact even the ones from south mumbai often fill up here as they come for joy rides to the vast open BKC roads at night. Now, if only HP were to introduce 99 octane, it could steal away all the customers from BP. I reckon the 97 octane sales at BP BKC must be the highest in the city and perhaps even the state.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 09:31   #23
RMN
BHPian

Sorry to dig up an old thread but wanted to check if anyone knows if Power99=99RON or is it AKI 99?
Old 23rd June 2021, 10:37   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMN View Post
Sorry to dig up an old thread but wanted to check if anyone knows if Power99=99RON or is it AKI 99?
Power99 is 99RON. It doesn't have a disclosed AKI number.
dealer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

In December 2020, IOC launched XP100 premium petrol at select outlets of IOC in 10 cities -- Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Agra, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad.

Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ct-cities.html (IOC launches country's first 100 Octane petrol in select cities)

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 23rd June 2021 at 12:18.
Old 23rd June 2021, 18:51   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
In December 2020, IOC launched XP100 premium petrol at select outlets of IOC in 10 cities -- Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Agra, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Mumbai, Pune and Ahmedabad.

Link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ct-cities.html (IOC launches country's first 100 Octane petrol in select cities)
It used to cost Rs.160 per litre here in Guwahati.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 15:26   #27
RMN
BHPian

Just found out that Indian Oil has XP95 in addition XP100 too! 95 is just a few rupees costlier than normal fuel.
Old 7th July 2021, 16:12   #28
BHPian

All the octane rating and it's benefits aside for the new high compression engines; I have a different predicament. All these premium fuels have added cleaning additives. From what I know is that some manufacturers don't recommend additives. So what does one do in that case whereby they require premium petrol but not with additives!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks