Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2017, 10:43   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2017 Hyundai Creta gets updates (including Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Ours is a March '17 make. Will take delivery this weekend and confirm these changes.
Would suggest you to confirm the changes *before* taking delivery. If the dealer registers the older model in your name, you'll suffer heartburn .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Why do people want to put their lives at risk by DIY on things like cruise control. Imagine if the module malfunctions and your speed get stuck.
Absolutely, totally & 100% agreed. I'll never modify a critical functionality (cruise control, brakes etc.) in the after-market. Factory fit is factory fit.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 10:53   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Would suggest you to confirm the changes *before* taking delivery. If the dealer registers the older model in your name, you'll suffer heartburn .
Absolutely. All payments and documents have been put on hold and the dealer has been told of the same. Although it's a March make, a thorough PDI is scheduled this week.

I read about the update in the Creta thread last week, discussed my dilemma and since then BHPians have been very helpful in guiding me
Nonstop-driver is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 12:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Absolutely. All payments and documents have been put on hold and the dealer has been told of the same. Although it's a March make, a thorough PDI is scheduled this week.

I read about the update in the Creta thread last week, discussed my dilemma and since then BHPians have been very helpful in guiding me
Does this mean you will get the refreshed model at the same rate you had agreed for the older model or you will have to pay the price differential?
Old 31st March 2017, 14:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean you will get the refreshed model at the same rate you had agreed for the older model or you will have to pay the price differential?
Prices have not been revised for Creta atleast, so I believe the same pricing applies. Had a word with the SA today regarding pricing difference, if any, if I invoice on 1st April and he said that they will honour the commitment they made while booking. Let's see how it goes tomorrow
Old 1st April 2017, 19:41   #20
BHPian

I feel relieved after cancelling our booking in Jan 2017. Had a horrible experience with Pramukh Hyundai (Prabhadevi, Mumbai. Examples include changing the extended warranty from 4 years to 3 years after payment, refusal to honor purchase of used vehicle etc.)

It would appear Hyundai is doing everything they can to clear stocks of the Creta before the refreshed model debuts at the end of the year. We have deferred our purchased till Jan 2018 given the better appearance (inside and exterior) of the refreshed model.
Old 3rd April 2017, 13:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
I feel relieved after cancelling our booking in Jan 2017. Had a horrible experience with Pramukh Hyundai (Prabhadevi, Mumbai. Examples include changing the extended warranty from 4 years to 3 years after payment, refusal to honor purchase of used vehicle etc.)

It would appear Hyundai is doing everything they can to clear stocks of the Creta before the refreshed model debuts at the end of the year. We have deferred our purchased till Jan 2018 given the better appearance (inside and exterior) of the refreshed model.
I inquired at a showroom in Pune yesterday, they feigned ignorance about any upcoming dual tone model or addition of carplay/android auto. The showroom even had a 2016 Petrol AT model available which they were offering for a 40k discount. Guess once the news of a refresh hits the market, people put their purchase on hold. Especially during the first quarter of the year when new launches are announced every other week.
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 23:40   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Guess once the news of a refresh hits the market, people put their purchase on hold. Especially during the first quarter of the year when new launches are announced every other week.
I'm not sure if this is true. Creta sold 9000+ units in Feb '17, its highest since launch. And this was before the 2017 updates, not that the updates are very significant themselves. But the new City might poach customers in March I guess.
Old 5th April 2017, 14:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Pricing of the new 1.4L E+ diesel variant, and the two 1.6L SX+ dual tone variants (ex-showroom Delhi) of the 2017 Hyundai Creta:

Attachment 1623702

The new 1.4L E+ diesel has a starting price of Rs 9,99,000/-, which is the same as the 1.6L E+ petrol.

The SX+ dual-tone variants come at a premium of ~Rs 38,000 over the equivalent normal SX+ offerings.

Thanks to Vikas Singhal for sharing this.
The Hyundai website is still not updated with the updates related to dual tone variant or carplay/android auto etc. But the price list available on the website is exactly same as that posted here for the 2017 update. Either Hyundai is going to launch the updated variants at exactly the same price variant to variant (highly unlikely) or the price list posted here is fake (maybe a photo shopped attempt). The same price list and brochure details are floating on the internet too

Last edited by aviraj : 5th April 2017 at 14:43.
Old 5th April 2017, 15:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
But the price list available on the website is exactly same as that posted here for the 2017 update. Either Hyundai is going to launch the updated variants at exactly the same price variant to variant (highly unlikely)
It has already been launched and there's no point in hiking price for just an addition of Android Auto & Carplay. There aren't any cosmetic or mechanical changes in the 2017 model.

Quote:
or the price list posted here is fake (maybe a photo shopped attempt). The same price list and brochure details are floating on the internet too
No, neither it's fake nor it's photoshopped.
2017 Hyundai Creta gets updates (including Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)-scan.jpeg
Here's the price list.
Regarding the brochure details: Before GTO watermarked them and moved the post to a new thread people had already seen it, downloaded and uploaded it to their websites (without any credit).

Last edited by batish : 5th April 2017 at 15:15.
batish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 15:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
It has already been launched and there's no point in hiking price for just an addition of Android Auto & Carplay. There aren't any cosmetic or mechanical changes in the 2017 model.

No, neither it's fake nor it's photoshopped.
Attachment 1626845
This does not contain the price for the 1.4 Diesel E+ variant. Website also does not have the same. 2 Dealers in Pune I have talked to, have no idea regarding this update. Hence my doubt. But if you have actually confirmed from the dealer in Delhi that the current bookings are for the updated models with dual tone and carplay, then its a different thing.
Old 5th April 2017, 15:26   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Either Hyundai is going to launch the updated variants at exactly the same price variant to variant (highly unlikely)
The new models have been launched at the same price. Mine was invoiced on 1st April at the same price at which it was booked on 4th March.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 18:26   #27
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
This does not contain the price for the 1.4 Diesel E+ variant. Website also does not have the same. 2 Dealers in Pune I have talked to, have no idea regarding this update. Hence my doubt. But if you have actually confirmed from the dealer in Delhi that the current bookings are for the updated models with dual tone and carplay, then its a different thing.
The diesel 1.4E+ is already available at Bangalore dealers.Looks like the pan-India price is 9,99,000. It looses out on roofrails and provides a basic music system when compared to the petrol E+.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 15:50   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Hyundai website is still not updated with the updates related to dual tone variant or carplay/android auto etc. But the price list available on the website is exactly same as that posted here for the 2017 update. Either Hyundai is going to launch the updated variants at exactly the same price variant to variant (highly unlikely) or the price list posted here is fake (maybe a photo shopped attempt). The same price list and brochure details are floating on the internet too
Official pricing is now updated:

2017 Hyundai Creta gets updates (including Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)-1.jpg

Variant-wise features of the 2017 Hyundai Creta can be seen here.

Official updated brochure - 2015_Creta_ebrochure_1491473191084.pdf
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 16:31   #29
BHPian

Thanks for the price list. Is increase of 30k just for cosmetic paint job on roof justified?
Old 6th April 2017, 16:59   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayram.r View Post
Thanks for the price list. Is increase of 30k just for cosmetic paint job on roof justified?
Actually prices have increased by just about 2-3K if you compare with the earlier price list given below for the Special Edition.

Roof paint job/vinyl job would cost around 10K. But since the earlier special edition model already had that factored in, the price increase may be due to carplay/android auto or just a price increase for the heck of it since a new financial year has started

If your comparison was between SX+ and SX+ Dual Tone, then note that apart from the Painted roof, the Dual Tone also has 17" Alloys and bigger tyres. All this alone is worth the premium in my opinion.

Last edited by aviraj : 6th April 2017 at 17:16.
aviraj is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks