Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2017, 16:18   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
you might as well go for a good HU in that case, why hyundai oem ..
I am just a big fan of oem finish though putting a pioneer f80 will boost my dd audio setup to new heights. I prefer the looks of the OEM stereo plus I have aux and usb flush switches I don't wanna loose. The camera with dynamic guidelines takes a hit too with aftermarket stereos

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
The 2017's HU has slight hardware modifications on it to allow Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This HU is manufactured by a 3rd party company and sold directly to Hyundai Motors factory in Chennai. It is not available in India. I sourced mine from South Korea.

Read this thread of mine to know more:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4196884

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
I read your whole post. Luck you . Really because Unfortunately lack of any contacts in South Korea closes one of those options though if possible I would pay for somebody to get it here or shipped. I am hoping somebody either swaps the stereo out or as people in service centre claims in July they would be receiving the headunits in the store

Last edited by manson : 2nd June 2017 at 16:22. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Old 2nd June 2017, 08:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quick question to those using Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Can you connect one phone(android) to android auto to use google maps and connect the iPhone on Bluetooth to receive calls ?
Old 2nd June 2017, 08:15   #48
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Hyundai Creta gets updates (including Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post

Can you connect one phone(android) to android auto to use google maps and connect the iPhone on Bluetooth to receive calls ?
I think that should be possible. You can connect your Android phone through the USB port and your Apple through Bluetooth. Android Auto works only with a physical connection so pairing other phones on Bluetooth shouldn't be a problem.
Old 2nd June 2017, 08:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:

Android Auto needs both wired and Bluetooth connection so this won't be possible I think.
Old 2nd June 2017, 12:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Android Auto needs both wired and Bluetooth connection so this won't be possible I think.
I'm afraid, not. Android Auto doesn't need Bluetooth turned on to work; it just needs a USB connection to work. You can enable 'turn on Bluetooth automatically when connected' option in the Android Auto settings page (on your phone) if you so prefer.

Check out this official Android Auto Support Page for details.

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 2nd June 2017 at 12:02.
Old 2nd June 2017, 12:13   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I'm afraid, not. Android Auto doesn't need Bluetooth turned on to work; it just needs a USB connection to work. You can enable 'turn on Bluetooth automatically when connected' option in the Android Auto settings page (on your phone) if you so prefer.

Check out this official Android Auto Support Page for details.
In my case, the HU doesn't connect to Auto if bluetooth isn't connected. It throws an error when wired in.
Old 2nd June 2017, 15:19   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
In my case, the HU doesn't connect to Auto if bluetooth isn't connected. It throws an error when wired in.
Does it? Do you remember the error message and which phone do you use?
Old 5th June 2017, 13:26   #53

Quote:
Still no AT on the top spec. Cannot understand Hyundai logic of compromising safety for convenience of an AT. If it costs more so be it. At least the customer has a choice of paying for both.

Hope the Jeep gets it right with the Compass. In the overseas market they have launched 17 variants. May take you a week to decide on the one that suits you best but it will be worth it.
Agreed, Arjun. It boggles my mind that Hyundai would skimp on features that are crucial in the decision-making process of the new-age Indian buyer. Having said that, I have booked a Creta Diesel AT and am expecting delivery at the end of the week. But I must say, chancing upon videos of the expected 2018 facelift (which seems to have brought in a few features - cruise control, for example), I am faced with the impossible decision of waiting for the facelift or going ahead with the 2017 model.

Any suggestions would be welcome!
Old 5th June 2017, 13:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Does it? Do you remember the error message and which phone do you use?
My bad, guess I'll have to eat my words now. It connected with bluetooth as well but only 1/3 times. The other times it threw an error which said "Android Auto cannot be connected right now. Please remove the connection and try again".

But for all practical purposes, it did connect without a BT connection.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks