Team-BHP - Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187344-maruti-ciaz-spotted-testing-some-updates-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 4299221)
Can someone please share reference of suzuki 1.5L petrol engine ?

Suzuki makes the best small petrol engines out there and expect this to be no different. The 1.5 petrol is expected to make 108bhp of power and 138 Nm of torque. They have gone back to the drawing room on this one as the petrol engine exported to Indonesia was making only 100 bhp. This should set the charts on fire for Maruti mostly on the S-cross and the Brezza that do not have a petrol option

See below:
http://www.cartoq.com/maruti-ciaz-s-...ine-exclusive/

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4299136)
2018 Ciaz on test,

With GST taking a toll on CIAZ SHVS, Maruti Suzuki is likely to fast track the launch of Ciaz Face-lift,

Likely to get NEW PETROL and Diesel engines.

link1

the redesigned M15A petrol that will make a class leading 108 bhp of power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4208085)
Whatever Maruti is doing with the Ciaz, it is terrible timing!

This should have coincided with Ciaz's move to Nexa. That way, customers would at least feel that the Nexa Ciaz is an upgrade/update over the regular Ciaz. And not the same Ciaz being pricier.

Timing makes sense if I think with respect to the competition. Introduction of Hyundai Verna has really upped the game and challenges Ciaz and City heads-on. In my opinion, if Ciaz can bring in cruise control, ventilated seats, sun-roof, 6 air-bags etc then an increased rivalry will definitely result in customer's delight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr (Post 4299231)
Suzuki makes the best small petrol engines out there and expect this to be no different. The 1.5 petrol is expected to make 108bhp of power and 138 Nm of torque.

Hope that also comes with a good AT. unlike the current 4speed which is good for only city driving

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 4299242)
Hope that also comes with a good AT. unlike the current 4speed which is good for only city driving

I could'nt find anything about the transmission but this engine in the S-cross and Brezza should definitely double their sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr (Post 4299244)
I could'nt find anything about the transmission but this engine in the S-cross and Brezza should definitely double their sales.

I would definitely buy the petrol automatic S-Cross .

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr (Post 4299231)

I don't know which class are they talking about. Petrol variants of Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Vento and Honda City have more power and torque compared to the said 1.5 liter petrol engine in the facelifted Maruti Ciaz.

Ultra light weight of Ciaz should translate into decent power to weight ratio. If Suzuki manages to get decent mid range punch from this new engine coupled with the fuel efficiency and drivability of the older 1.4 liter engine then they surely have a winner on their hands.

Now all they need to do is to improve the handling (independent rear suspension) and then we shall have the true spiritual successor of the erstwhile Maruti Esteem.

Can't help but draw the parallel:
1. Low slung and light weight aerodynamic body.
2. Independent rear suspension.
3. Free revving petrol motor with more than enough power for the car's weight, coupled with slightly longer gear ratios.

And behold the reincarnation of the grand Daddy of them all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4299136)
2018 Ciaz on test,

With GST taking a toll on CIAZ SHVS, Maruti Suzuki is likely to fast track the launch of Ciaz Face-lift,

Attachment 1692123

ACI

Likely to get NEW PETROL and Diesel engines.

Attachment 1692117
Attachment 1692118
Attachment 1692119
Attachment 1692120
Attachment 1692121

link

The ac vent and the speedo console look like the Brezza.

Ciaz spied on test again,

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018marutisuzukiciazspiedindialaunchpriceenginespecsfeatureesinterior1.jpg

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018marutisuzukiciazspiedindialaunchpriceenginespecsfeatureesinterior.jpg

Link

When is the Ciaz Facelift expected to launch? As per the article in the link above, its mentioned as AutoExpo 2018.
Also will the Facelift get the 1.5L Petrol Motor?

The facelift should be launched soon. Else it stands a small chance against the New Verna and the City.

We just came home after test driving the current generation Ciaz petrol & we expect to book our car in a week & take delivery in two weeks . The discounts on offer combined with our car in exchange gives us quite an amazing deal right now .Can anyone please confirm about the launch of the facelift & whether we are getting a new petrol engine with it ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4331861)

Attachment 1712090

Attachment 1712091

Link

This subtle face lift will leave people scratching their scalps to spot the difference....

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift2race (Post 4332584)
We just came home after test driving the current generation Ciaz petrol & we expect to book our car in a week & take delivery in two weeks . The discounts on offer combined with our car in exchange gives us quite an amazing deal right now .Can anyone please confirm about the launch of the facelift & whether we are getting a new petrol engine with it ?

....unles there's a change of 'heart'.

I guess the new power plants are imminent for the Ciaz to be in the reckoning. Ciaz makes decent progress due to it's low kerb weight. I didn't find the power in short supply even in the automatic/petrol fully loaded with 4 people (3+driver=me) with A/C on; it hides it's 90 bhp very well in the city.
It's the best turned out Maruti sedan by far: very refined and feature loaded. All that's needed is a upgraded power, all round discs, 4 more airbags to let the cat loose among the pigeons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude (Post 4332605)
This subtle face lift will leave people scratching their scalps to spot the difference....

....unles there's a change of 'heart'.

I guess the new power plants are imminent for the Ciaz to be in the reckoning. Ciaz makes decent progress due to it's low kerb weight. I didn't find the power in short supply even in the automatic/petrol fully loaded with 4 people (3+driver=me) with A/C on; it hides it's 90 bhp very well in the city.
It's the best turned out Maruti sedan by far: very refined and feature loaded. All that's needed is a upgraded power, all round discs, 4 more airbags to let the cat loose among the pigeons.

As per zigwheels , there's no facelift for the ciaz ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbUyeApfiQ0

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift2race (Post 4332617)
As per zigwheels , there's no facelift for the ciaz ...

I've been eyeing on the new Ciaz since July '17, and I've been told that the new Ciaz is definitely coming this year. As of now, it's said to be launched at the AutoExpo and would be finally start selling from April. If not, it it sure to come by June-July. This news is not confirmed, but I trust the person from whom I've got this news. Let's wait till the AutoExpo and see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4331861)

Link

Any guesses why the padding on the roof ? what are they trying to hide there ?
I would love to see a top-end trim like Honda City Zx with sun-roof

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 4335024)
Any guesses why the padding on the roof ? what are they trying to hide there ?

There are high chances they are hiding a sunroof, considering it's competitors already have sunroofs in the top variants. If this happens, Ciaz will sell like a hot cake.clap: