Team-BHP - Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187344-maruti-ciaz-spotted-testing-some-updates-6.html)

Ciaz on test again, expect the face-lift launch to be after the Swift,

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018marutisuzukiciazfacelift_827x510_71515401453.jpg

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018marutisuzukiciazfacelift_827x510_81515401220.jpg

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018marutisuzukiciazfacelift_827x510_61515401236.jpg

Quote:

The updates come in the form of a new grille pattern with subtle chrome surrounds instead of chrome slats from its predecessor. The updated headlamps, new LED daytime running lamps, revised front bumper and larger fog lamps are some of the updates on the Ciaz facelift. In profile, the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz gets new multi-spoke alloy wheels, while the ORVMs get integrated turn signal lights. At the rear, the tail lamp cluster is new along with a revised rear bumper.

Source

This looks like the Zeta version on test. Hence the older 15 inch alloys and non-LED tail lamps. I'm just glad that we're not getting the Chinese Alivio facelift.

Ciaz on test run again, since changes seen are minor cosmetic in nature, but being extensively tested could mean a change in power train can be anticipated.

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018maruticiazfaceliftrearthreequartersrightsidespyshot.jpg

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018maruticiazfaceliftrightsidespyshot.jpg

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 4332510)
When is the Ciaz Facelift expected to launch? As per the article in the link above, its mentioned as AutoExpo 2018.
Also will the Facelift get the 1.5L Petrol Motor?

The facelift should be launched soon. Else it stands a small chance against the New Verna and the City.

**Rumor from a reliable source**

Ciaz Facelift may be Unveiled in Auto Expo in February. Deliveries may begin in April/May 2018.
New engine? : May be K15B

Updated Ciaz with new taillights?

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018maruticiazfaceliftspyshotrear1024x819.jpg

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift2race (Post 4332584)
We just came home after test driving the current generation Ciaz petrol & we expect to book our car in a week & take delivery in two weeks . The discounts on offer combined with our car in exchange gives us quite an amazing deal right now .Can anyone please confirm about the launch of the facelift & whether we are getting a new petrol engine with it ?

Hi - did you finally book your Ciaz? Can you let me know whats the kind of discounts you finally got?

I took a TD today and planning to book the Ciaz. It would help knowing the discounts so that I can negotiate accordingly.

BR,
Sourav

Quote:

Originally Posted by souravdebiswas (Post 4358788)
Hi - did you finally book your Ciaz? Can you let me know whats the kind of discounts you finally got?

I took a TD today and planning to book the Ciaz. It would help knowing the discounts so that I can negotiate accordingly.

BR,
Sourav

Yes we got the Ciaz on 22nd Jan & here's what we got for the discounts :

50k Exchange Bonus (this is still there)

40k Discount (As per our RM this was 15000 for 2018 model year petrol car but higher for the diesel version)

15k for Previous Model Year (if you can find a 2017 model year car , you can negotiate further since its end of FEB)

5th year extended warranty free (this was offered to us because we were thinking of getting the Honda City instead)

1,20,000 as exchange for my 2008 Swift VDi abs (I believe its lower than the market value but you are relieved of hassles of selling your car to someone else)

Discounts could only mean they are trying to get rid of the stocks. But there was no Ciaz in the auto expo, so does it mean Maruti will only bring it during festival time(october)

It's been a longish wait for me for that 1.5l engine with auto box on either Ciaz or the new Ertiga. I really wish launch happens within the first half of this year !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift2race (Post 4358865)
Yes we got the Ciaz on 22nd Jan & here's what we got for the discounts :

50k Exchange Bonus (this is still there)

1,20,000 as exchange for my 2008 Swift VDi abs (I believe its lower than the market value but you are relieved of hassles of selling your car to someone else)

Thanks for the information. My dealer was giving 50K exchange bonus. 1,10,000 for my 2006 civic (MT). And 25K consumer+corporate discount. Final on road was coming to 10.53 for the Alpha (AT).

But I have decided to wait it out a bit. I know I can sell the Civic at around 1.5 at least in open market. And new model of Ciaz will be a bit more expensive with no discount. But the new additional features may be worth the wait. Lets see. If it is not worth it, then will buy the current model itself, which I guess they will give at a higher discount (when the new model gets launched).

I hope the new Ciaz comes with the 1.5 Diesel engine developing around 110-115 bhp and around 30 kgm of torque and 6 gears.

Why 30 kgm you may ask? Because the 1.6 DDIS developed 32 kgm and I am sure the 1.5 can muster up 30 kgm. With similar power figures, this will super hoot to drive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 4376095)
Why 30 kgm you may ask? Because the 1.6 DDIS developed 32 kgm and I am sure the 1.5 can muster up 30 kgm. With similar power figures, this will super hoot to drive!

I don't think it will be anywhere close to 300 NM. Fiat diesel engines are exception, they deliver more torque. No other 1.6 diesel engine has 320 NM torque. All 1.5 and 1.6 diesel have 250-260 NM. I would expect Maruti 1.5 diesel to deliver around 250 NM with VGT.

2018 Ciaz spied on test again,

Quote:

Under the hood, rumours are rife that Maruti Suzuki could introduce new 1.5-litre engines on the Ciaz facelift. The 1.5-litre K-Series petrol motor recently debuted on the Indonesian-spec new generation Suzuki Ertiga, and could effectively replace the 1.4-litre motor currently on offer. Meanwhile, the 1.5-litre diesel is being developed by Suzuki and will replace the 1.3-litre Fiat-sourced MultiJet unit seen across the Maruti portfolio. It is likely that the new petrol motor could make it to India first, while the new 1.5 diesel will take sometime.

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018marutisuzukiciazfaceliftspied_827x510_71524673008.jpg

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018marutisuzukiciazfaceliftspied_827x510_71524673053.jpg

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-2018marutisuzukiciazfaceliftspied_827x510_81524673143.jpg

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4391512)
2018 Ciaz spied on test again,

The front looks pretty aggressive now. Did they do an S-Cross on the Ciaz? Hope the chrome plating works are kept in control.

2018 Ciaz to get the new 1.5l Petrol ( K15B )engine, Ertiga will be the next. Ciaz launch is likely to be in July while Ertiga in August.

Will have mostly cosmetic changes but Maruti could also add a sunroof on the higher variants.

Quote:

As far as the Ciaz facelift goes, it will include reworked front and rear bumpers, mild re-profiling of the headlamps and tail-lamps, and some LED elements as well.
Quote:

engine capacity to 1,462cc and 12hp more (104 in total) things should be better. What will also help is that this larger engine has slightly more torque at 138.4Nm
Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180427114349_ciaz_facelift_mohit_verma.jpg

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180427121239_ciaz_fl_rear.jpg

Maruti Ciaz spotted testing with some updates-1_578_872_0_70_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180427114351_ciazfaceliftengine.jpg

Source:

Yaris and City pricing only means Maruti can price the top-end aggressively. Lot of the City sales today are Petrol auto and Yaris with Petrol only avatar further strengthens this trend

This has been the weakness of Ciaz and hope they address it with more powerful engine mated to a modern AT.

Verna i feel is great choice for someone looking at Diesel sedan(except space inside) and will have no competition (especially for AT)