Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2006, 15:21   #31
BHPian

Reasons are quite simple

1) Maruti still sales more cars then whole compitition put together.

2) Still they are able to maintain quality to satisfactory level if not great.

3) Becoz of heavy volumes they can control the cost of auto ancillary parts. ( its simple bussiness, I give you volumes you give me discount).

4) Dealer gets better volumes and margin both in sales and repair hence everybody want to be maruti dealer...and that's the reason they can hold them by coller if somethings goes wrong.
Old 10th November 2006, 15:41   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
One thing I have noticed is that MUL exercises a good amount of control on its dealers/service centres. Even minor user feedback is taken care of as I saw from my experience sometime ago.

I had gone to the MASS to get the 3rd free service done. While collecting the car, they gave me a feedback form which is to be mailed direct to MUL. It had questions about the various facets of the service centre - facilities, staff attitude, problem rectification, service etc. They use a 1-10 scale where 1 is bad, 5 average and 10 is best.

I have been pretty satisfied with the service and rated them between 7-9 on most points (did not go below 7 or above 9 in any rating). I mailed it and forgot about it. A month later I get a call from the service guy asking if I had any problems with their service. I did not have any and told him so. Also asked him why he felt that way. He said that based on my feedback, MUL has pulled them up. He said, "Sir, if you liked our service, why did you rate us poor?". I said that I did not rate them poor and had given between 7-9 for all ratings. If 5 is average, isn't 7-9 a good rating ? He says, "No sir. MUL expects customers to rate us 9-10 if they are satisfied. Ratings of 7-8 are considered poor and signify user dissatisfaction.

This guy was almost on his knees, promising me free water washes, checkups etc. In return, he wanted me to sign a letter which says that I am satisfied with their service, which I did.

With such strict control and acting on user feedback, no wonder they are at the top, when it comes to service.
this was the case with me too.. but it happened at the dealer .. the dealer even sent a "thank-you" key ring later on....Maruti does take customer feedback very seriously

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks