Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2006, 20:52   #1
BHPian

i am not a frequent visitor to teambhp...but swell and quick response(which i never expected) propted me to write this one

i own a 2003 baleno which has run for about 25000kms.
no problems wat so ever for the first 3 years..all that changed last month when the fan blower resistance box went kaput..i was staring at two options-new ress. box for abt.3000 rs or get cooked in the car
i also had another peculiar problem..the front wind screen got blurry-night(glare from incoming traffic) and driving in the rain(when it got fogged up on the outside) became impossible.
the total cost,as we discovered,would have come to abt 8-9k,and just as we were about to fork out the money-we sent an mail to maruti..at the max. expecting a small discount...but what we got gave us a shock...a reply in 2 days-a maruti engineer vist in 4 days- and a complete free replacement in a week ...great work maruti...
Old 8th November 2006, 07:38   #2
BHPian

Thats great .. even I may not have expected it. Was it replaced when you wrote here ?
Old 8th November 2006, 08:38   #3
Ram
Senior - BHPian

This is how Maruti fosters a sense of loyalty amongst its customers. Once a Maruti customer, always a Maruti customer. I've had a white 1999 Esteem in Kolkata and now a 2002 M800 5-speed in Mumbai and 2006 Baleno VXi in Pune.
Old 8th November 2006, 08:50   #4
Team-BHP Support

Kallil, did you write an email from them through the maruti website or did you have some point of contact in maruti.

I'm kind of frustrated with the problem in my car and have shown it to every dealer here. the car's under 3yr warranty and noone has been able to sort out the problem.

I am now planning on writing directly to maruti.
Old 8th November 2006, 11:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Another damn satisfied customer. good on you maruti. keep it up. me too had a very similar experience in 2002. their response is always personal & immediate.
Old 8th November 2006, 12:01   #6
BHPian

that is a good gesture from maruthi
Old 8th November 2006, 12:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Really nice gesture. Maruti is the one manufacturer which can take the fight to Hyundai in the A*S*S department.
Old 8th November 2006, 13:28   #8
BHPian

hey nice to know you had some quick and efficient response from the Maruti people ..
Old 8th November 2006, 16:47   #9
BHPian

I can vouch for a similar good experience. At 40k kms, the steering column in my Zen had to be replaced. Ofcourse, I paid Rs. 7k and got it done at Pasco, Gurgaon. The replaced column had a 1 year warranty. 2 years later the car developed the same problem again. When I showed the bill of the first replacement to Pasco, and questioned them how come the same part required replacement again, they replaced it free of cost, including labour. I didn't even have to escalate it to Maruti. Needless to say, I still have the Zen which is now nudging 70k kms.
Old 8th November 2006, 17:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

No wonder JDPower ranked them highest in customer satisfaction for the 7th consecutive time.

Maruti leads with 848 points on 1000 point scale.
What is surprising is the order of the runners-up. Ford(727), Mahindra & Toyota (726), Hyundai(725). Honda comes after that with 720 and Tata is at the bottom of the heap with 689 points.

The study measures the overall satisfaction of vehicle owners who visit their authorized dealer/service center for maintenance or repair work during the first 12 to 18 months of ownership. Overall satisfaction is determined by utilizing seven measures. They are (in order of importance): problems experienced; service quality; user-friendly service; service advisor; service initiation; service delivery; and in-service experience.

See the following link for the full report. http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/new...asp?ID=2006229
Old 8th November 2006, 18:05   #11
BHPian

Two things are striking me

1. Maruti is really good at A.S.S.
2. You were damn lucky. This is not the usual thing, I guess!
Old 8th November 2006, 18:19   #12
Senior - BHPian

One thing I have noticed is that MUL exercises a good amount of control on its dealers/service centres. Even minor user feedback is taken care of as I saw from my experience sometime ago.

I had gone to the MASS to get the 3rd free service done. While collecting the car, they gave me a feedback form which is to be mailed direct to MUL. It had questions about the various facets of the service centre - facilities, staff attitude, problem rectification, service etc. They use a 1-10 scale where 1 is bad, 5 average and 10 is best.

I have been pretty satisfied with the service and rated them between 7-9 on most points (did not go below 7 or above 9 in any rating). I mailed it and forgot about it. A month later I get a call from the service guy asking if I had any problems with their service. I did not have any and told him so. Also asked him why he felt that way. He said that based on my feedback, MUL has pulled them up. He said, "Sir, if you liked our service, why did you rate us poor?". I said that I did not rate them poor and had given between 7-9 for all ratings. If 5 is average, isn't 7-9 a good rating ? He says, "No sir. MUL expects customers to rate us 9-10 if they are satisfied. Ratings of 7-8 are considered poor and signify user dissatisfaction.

This guy was almost on his knees, promising me free water washes, checkups etc. In return, he wanted me to sign a letter which says that I am satisfied with their service, which I did.

With such strict control and acting on user feedback, no wonder they are at the top, when it comes to service.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 8th November 2006 at 18:27.
Old 8th November 2006, 18:19   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis
Two things are striking me

1. Maruti is really good at A.S.S.
2. You were damn lucky. This is not the usual thing, I guess!
dont know about that...but the service center ppl. said the windscreen problem has happened bfore...and maruti has given a free replaement....its not maruti whoz paying but the windscreen manufacturer-asahi

Last edited by kallil : 8th November 2006 at 18:28.
Old 8th November 2006, 18:29   #14
Team-BHP Support

kallil, could you tell me how you got in touch with maruti. whered did you send the mail to?
I am noy able to send from their website as their message length needs to be very small and i wrote a long mail describing my problem.

thanks
Old 8th November 2006, 18:35   #15
Senior - BHPian

contact@maruti.co.in is one email id you could use.

AshokKumar.Ponniah@maruti.co.in is another one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks