Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2017, 18:16   #16
BHPian

Re: June 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Honda - WRV sales at around 4.5k is a surprise.Seems the package is being liked by the buyers.Having a sunroof in a sub 10L cross-over might be doing the trick.Remember biggies like Hexa and Tucson dont have it.
Definitely caught my attention as well. Never thought WR-V sales would be this high during pre-GST month. Looking into Jazz numbers, WR-V appears to be pulling lot of customers from Jazz. No wonder as the overall package in WR-V (higher ground clearance, sun roof, better ICE, SUV looks) is better than Jazz for most people that they are ready to pay a premium for it. I picked up a Jazz last month and the sales person said this as well.
Old 11th July 2017, 20:23   #17
BHPian

On a side note I was looking at the "Segment wise" distribution of sales. It is very clear that 50%+ Indian car buyers (B2 + C1 + C2) prefer more than just a basic car and the trend is consistent for the last 12 months. The average Indian car buyer is looking for more and probably pushing his budget to get a 'Better' ride than just 'Any' ride. This would also mean that we have better cars with better features including safety on the roads, happy to notice that.
shabash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 21:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

While we assume that June sales impact was primarily due to GST.

Here are some important facts that caught my attention

1. Comparing Jun'16 to Jun'17 Sales, Only Maruti and Honda have achieved positive growth.

2. Overall market de-growth has been around 11% Jun'16 to Jun'17.
If we assume that Toyota had implemented a different strategy for sales in Jun'17 and achieved 10k units then the de-growth would have been only 7.0 %.

Name:  jtoj y16 to17.PNG
Views: 9696
Size:  16.1 KB

3. In 2016 and 2017, May to Jun month the sales has been down for most manufacturers except Honda and Tata. Surprising !!

June 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-m2j-y16-17.png
kpzen is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 21:20   #19
BHPian

Sales numbers of Isuzu V cross and MU X would be interesting, I go my MU X 20days back and would like to see how its performing on the account of sales. MU X is a very good product from isuzu.
Old 11th July 2017, 21:29   #20
Senior - BHPian

June 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Thanks Aditya , on time as usual. Not much to analyse this month as it would have been unpredictable month for most auto manufacturers.

Hyundai is being stubborn with the Tucson pricing. Guess they don't seem to be bothered with selling anything between 50-150.

Have a suggestion. On the Manufacturer model wise dispatches spreadsheet, can it be revised to show current month dispatches first and then go all the way to January in the last column. It would make reading easier on the smartphones.

June 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-imageuploadedbyteambhp1499788667.362201.jpg

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 11th July 2017 at 21:31.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 21:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post
Sales numbers of Isuzu V cross and MU X would be interesting
@drbones would be great if you can share your experience with the pros and cons of the product in the Isuzu MU-X thread. Did you get yours hands on it prior to the pre-GST price cut or later.

@mods : Even I was wondering, if we can get the Sales no of Isuzu. Would be great to compare how they are doing against well established players.
Highh5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 21:59   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
@drbones would be great if you can share your experience with the pros and cons of the product in the Isuzu MU-X thread. Did you get yours hands on it prior to the pre-GST price cut or later.

@mods : Even I was wondering, if we can get the Sales no of Isuzu. Would be great to compare how they are doing against well established players.
Highh5 my MU X thread is in assembly line, hope you can read it once it is allowed on the main forum. Isuzu gave the benefit as soon as GST was announced even before 1st july. I took delivery of my MU X on 20th june with GST benefit of 1.63lac which was very impressive move from Isuzu.
drbones is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 08:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganpec2002 View Post
With WR-V tasting success, we can say good bye to our wish for WR-V with 1.5L ivtec
No being an owner of a WR-V 1.2L iVTEC, I want to see the 1.5L version. It will definitely boost the sales.
Old 12th July 2017, 09:14   #24
BHPian

S-Cross from MSIL which was selling 2000+ units a month dropped down to ~230??
Also Etios and Fortuner have not performed well.

Excellent analysis and graphics as usual, thank you.

Last edited by vidyasagar : 12th July 2017 at 09:14. Reason: typo
vidyasagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 10:36   #25
BANNED

Although one can easily relate this with GST but Toyota sales has gone down by big margin and that is not limited to only SUV/MUV but through out its range of vehicles.
Tony_Stark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 10:53   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Stark View Post
Although one can easily relate this with GST but Toyota sales has gone down by big margin and that is not limited to only SUV/MUV but through out its range of vehicles.
Toyota intentionally did not ship any cars until the GST transition happened
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 11:27   #27
BHPian

Here is an interesting piece of statistics for sales figures ranging from May 2016 to June 2017 for Honda.
Name:  honda.PNG
Views: 7800
Size:  8.7 KB

The high standard deviations for "Others" (Brio, BR-V, WR-V, Accord, CR-V) is very curious. Even the standard deviation for the better selling cars of Honda is higher than the average company standard deviation (two bad demonetization months responsible for the number to be over 20%) - as if Honda regulates the sales of their models in a way so the they ship 12k-14k cars every month. It seems that Honda has been regulating the sales of these better selling models (City, Amaze and Jazz) to accommodate for new launches (BR-V, WR-V and to a lesser extent City face lift). To me, Honda for some reason is reluctant to use the full capacities of their plants (currently ~70% + small amount of exports). Curious case of Honda sales in India!
Old 12th July 2017, 11:37   #28
BHPian

Definitely GST had impact on sales in the month of June. What is more intriguing is only one company (across different segments) takes 5 out of the top 6 month-on-month loss.

"Toyota - Corolla; Etios; Fortuner; Innova; Liva, Cross"

Let's wait for July numbers to see real GST impact.
Srikanthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 12:46   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
S-Cross from MSIL which was selling 2000+ units a month dropped down to ~230??
+1 to this query.

The drop can't all be attributed to the WR-V? Face-lifted model launching soon?
Old 12th July 2017, 13:34   #30
BHPian

Seeing Innova and Fortuner on top loses is a black swan event! Not a frequent sight. But, pre-GST month, sales pushed forward I believe.

Etios continues its losing streak. Etios + Liva < than 450 units! Might of Toyota cannot capture this section of the market. Not now, never in the future too. Wanna bet?

WRV numbers spike up dramatically - people are seeing this car on road and liking it? Is it driving sales? With City numbers going up too, Honda seems to be unaffected by pre-GST sales drops.

Hexa is at 550. With GST price reduction (and embedded price cut too!), there might be a temporary 1 - 2 month sales increase. And then, Aria deja vu!

Although must commend Tata folks for understanding Hexa is not being accepted in the market, particularly at the price it was offered. And quietly picked GST moment for a rate cut. Unfortunately, I don't think that will help. Too little, too late!
OrangeCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks