Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2017, 16:04   #46
BHPian

Re: June 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Initially there was a hype that small cars would become costlier.
This segment is most price sensitive.
Pre-GST offers.

Still sales went down. Seems Indian buyers very intelligent & informed.
That’s politics for you. It was spread to play up the present-government-is-in-the-pocket-of-the-rich narrative. I was planning to finalise a car in the middle of June, but I realised that if my understanding of GST was correct, the prices of almost all vehicles would go down, so I told the Renault guy (I was leaning towards the Duster at the time) that I would purchase it post GST. He tried his best to convince me that the prices would go up in July, but in vain.

One of my friends, on the other hand, made a hasty decision to buy the i20 Active because of the significant discounts Hyundai had running. I don’t know if it ended up being cheaper or more expensive for him than buying it in July, but the difference could not have been very much either way.
Old 17th July 2017, 17:01   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
One of my friends, on the other hand, made a hasty decision to buy the i20 Active because of the significant discounts Hyundai had running. I don’t know if it ended up being cheaper or more expensive for him than buying it in July, but the difference could not have been very much either way.
Yes, I agree. Except for a very few models, majority of the cars across the segments got the price revised downwards.

In this case of i20 Active, I believe the current price reduction after GST is just in the range of 10k to 15k based on the local taxation. If your friend received more discount, he certainly got a good deal
Old 19th July 2017, 15:22   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is how the automotive industry fared in FY'18.

Q1 of 2017-18 (April-June), saw thef recovery in the passenger vehicle market led by utility vehicles.
Quote:
In the passenger vehicle segment, Honda Cars India led the growth march recording the highest sales growth at 21.09 percent followed by market leader Maruti Suzuki India with an uptick of 13.97 percent. In market share, Maruti Suzuki was a distant first with a huge chunk of the pie (50.4 percent) with Honda Cars India garnering a nominal 5.29 percent share of the market.
Quote:
The steepest decline in growth rate was witnessed by Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) that was in the red with a dip of 25.52 percent and was trailed by Renault India with sales plummeting by 23.25 percent
June 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-1.jpg

And a flashback at at Q1 of 2016-17, reveals Honda Cars India nose-diving 28.35 percent while Maruti Suzuki grew in single digits of 5.45 percent.

Quote:
Incidentally, Maruti Suzuki has upped its market share to 50.48 percent in Q1FY18 from 46.90 percent in Q1FY17 on the back of growth in its utility vehicles especially the Vitara Brezza and the Ertiga.
June 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-2.jpg

TKM, M&M, VW India, Renault and Ford India have been the key losers of market share in the first quarter of FY18.

June 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-3.jpg

Quote:
Renault India in turn has been nudged down one slot to seventh rank by TKM. Its Kwid sales are down to 20,385 units in Q1FY18 from 24,854 units in the same quarter last fiscal. The Pulse sold just 51 units while the Duster and Dacia Duster were also on the decline in FY18. Clearly the buyers penchant for new models is visible.

Almost all Ford vehicles faced a decline in sales during Q1FY18 but the carmaker has been performing well in export markets where it has even overtaken traditional passenger vehicle exporter, Hyundai Motor India.
link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks