Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 14:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra KUV100 NXT. Now launched at Rs. 4.39 lakh

I have noticed quite a few new KUV's over the past few weeks, might be due to the heavy discounts offered during Dussera.

The interiors are certainly NXT level and drool worthy. How the car looks from the outside and how it drives w.r.t segment are a different ball game though.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 24th October 2017 at 00:57.
Old 11th October 2017, 14:47   #47
BHPian

The biggest challenge for KUV100 NXT is that the Nexon XM Diesel costs only 20k more than KUV100 K8 diesel. Now Nexon offers a much more powerful and torquier engine, a bigger footprint, much better looks and better ride and handling.

Had Mahinda gone the whole distance, extended the wheelbase, shifted the rear door handle to conventional position and improved the side profile, then they could have had a money spinner for them.

As i have said before the competition in Indian market is cut throat and unless you offer prospective customers better value and quality at the same price point you won't be able to take on established products.
needforspeed88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:39   #48
BHPian

Am I the only one who sees this reincarnation of KUV "Piranha"... The grill accentuates that more. Only issue I had with this is the unwanted side creeze and non appealing hind
Old 24th October 2017, 00:50   #49
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The Autocar review is up-

I really like the changes they have made. The front looks a lot better now and the tweaks at the rear are quite tasteful as well. However, the side profile has always been a chink in the armour for the KUV and it still stays that way. If this car was somehow stretched upto 4m in length, I would have had no qualms in saying that the design of the KUV is next only to the updated Ecosport among the compact SUVs.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2018, 12:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone else notice the Front Middle Seat Lap Belt in the video in the 6 seater variant? There is no mention of this in their product brochure anywhere or the website as such.

Anyone has any idea as to when will the AMT variants get launched?

Also, is the Hand Brake system different in 5 seater and 6 seater variants, or is it still in the front below the dashboard like in old Tata Sumo, Datsun Go Plus etc.?

Also, the owner's manual mentions that the ISOFIX Child Seat mounts are on the RHS of the 2nd row seats. I remember it on both sides in the previous generation. Can any owner's confirm about the same, if there is just one ISOFIX Child Seat Mount on the Right Seat or on both Right and Left Rear seats?

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 11th August 2018 at 12:21. Reason: Added more details
Old 11th August 2018, 15:56   #51
BHPian

The KUV more than anything else needs a better petrol engine. There have been many horror stories about the fuel guzzling petrol engine that is not as refined as competition

For those buying the KUV, the diesel is the option to take.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks