Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2018, 20:00   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

If Amaze Diesel CVT is taken out of equation, next practical option for diesel automatic is either Verna or Creta! Companies like Ford are missing a great chance to mate their gem of a engine to a proper automatic We have had a VW in our family, hence Ameo was not considered here
giri1.8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 18:51   #152
BHPian

re: Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts spotted testing EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs!

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...evealed-409911

According to this Autocar India article, Aspire manual transmission doesn't get TCS, ESC, HLA even in Titanium+.
(Personally disappointing for me. Now I have to decide between Freestyle Vs Aspire.)

Instead of 2 year/ 1 lakh km warranty, 5 years/1 lakh km may be the standard warranty.

We will know for sure on October 4th, by 1pm.
https://m.facebook.com/events/689062971475960

Last edited by navin : 3rd October 2018 at 12:51. Reason: As per OP request.
Old 2nd October 2018, 19:04   #153
Senior - BHPian

Engine specs and variant details of the Ford Aspire facelift have leaked online. Media reports suggest that the new model will be offered with a 1.2-litre petrol engine from the Dragon Series, a 1.5-litre petrol and a re-tuned 1.5-litre diesel unit. The car will be available in 5 trim levels.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-new-ford-aspire-exteriors.jpg

The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder Dragon Series petrol engine is the same powerplant that debuted on the Freestyle. On the Aspire, it will be paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. The 1.5-litre petrol unit will be offered with a 6-speed automatic gearbox. Also, the 1.5-litre diesel engine has been reportedly tuned for better fuel efficiency.

Coming to the variants, the new Aspire will be available in Ambiente, Trend, Trend+, Titanium and Titanium+ trims. The base variant gets features like tilt steering, front power windows, air-conditioning and fabric seats with adjustable headrests.

The Trend variant gets all-four power windows, rear centre armrest, passenger vanity mirror, audio system with 4 speakers, radio, USB & Bluetooth. It also gets gearshift indicator, tachometer, remote keyless entry, boot lamp and body-coloured ORVMs with integrated turn signals. The Trend+ variant comes with front fog lamps, rear defogger, automatic climate control and a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system.

The 6-speed automatic transmission is only available on the Titanium trim. The Titanium variant gets a chrome grille and push button start. Additionally, the automatic version comes equipped with hill start assist, ESP and traction control.

The top-spec Titanium+ variant gets features like a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, Ford Sync3, emergency assistance service, dual USB ports and dual front, side and curtain airbags. Speaking of safety, features like ABS with EBD, dual front airbags, rear parking sensors and front row seatbelt reminder will be offered as standard across all variants.

The Ford Aspire facelift will be launched on October 4 ,2018 and bookings are already open.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 22:59   #154

I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit the Gen 1 Asprie with the touch screen on this.
croupier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 23:26   #155
BHPian

I hope the new Aspire will also have TCS, HLA, ESC even in the manual variants, guessing only in the top trim. If they can give it in Freestyle why not in Aspire! The only difference I see is the boot space higher in Aspire than in Freestyle. I suppose more people will be confused to choose between the boot space and ground clearance of Aspire and Freestyle.
vDragon3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 00:47   #156
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 4th October 2018 at 06:42.
Arwin07 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd October 2018, 06:57   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by croupier View Post
I wonder how difficult it would be to retrofit the Gen 1 Asprie with the touch screen on this.
Should be plug and play - but it might be prohibitively expensive. The current Sync system itself costed about 50k and could be installed only on the trend and titanium trims.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 08:55   #158
BHPian

Why cannot ford come up with an automatic version of 1.2 dragon engine? Better fuel economy and tax benefits would make it an compelling deal. Especially when the engine is decent in city conditions.
Old 3rd October 2018, 09:09   #159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Why cannot ford come up with an automatic version of 1.2 dragon engine? Better fuel economy and tax benefits would make it an compelling deal. Especially when the engine is decent in city conditions.
A conventional Torque converter will suck a lot of power out of the engine so mating the 1.2L engine with the auto box would not do much for efficiency and would only make the engine work harder.

Remember the 1.2L and 1.5L dragon are identical 3 cylinder engines with just reduced displacement either by reducing the stroke or using different pistons with thicker sleeves.

The efficiency gains from 1.5L to 1.2L will not be huge with just displacement change but more from the tuning of the 1.2L vs the 1.5L. You can see the 1.2L is a tad jerky in the freestyle due to this conservative tuning which is why its down 28BHP vs the 1.5L.

I for one am not complaining. The 1.5L Dragon with the new 6 speed AT should be a hoot to drive.

In today's day of AMT's and rubber band CVT, the Aspire is the only thing close to some driving pleasure in an automatic.

What really sucks is they are back to no top end Automatic. You would have thought seeing the Ecosport sales of the top end petrol AT, they would offer the Aspire on the top end Titanium+ with 6 airbags and SYNC3 but looks like this won't be the case.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 09:24   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
... Aspire is said to come in 3 automatic transmission variants-
1.2 l petrol auto, 1.5 l petrol auto, 1.5 l diesel auto.
(If so, it will beat Amaze in sales.)
I neither see the Aspire Diesel Automatic in the Autocar article above nor in the reality, Ford will not be introducing the Diesel Automatic as of now. Maximum efforts they might put behind the 1.5L TDCI would be to increase it fuel efficiency, they will follow the ideology of why repair if it's ain't broken.
Old 3rd October 2018, 09:53   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
In today's day of AMT's and rubber band CVT, the Aspire is the only thing close to some driving pleasure in an automatic.
Without the worries associated with the earlier PowerShift as well

Quote:
What really sucks is they are back to no top end Automatic. You would have thought seeing the Ecosport sales of the top end petrol AT, they would offer the Aspire on the top end Titanium+ with 6 airbags and SYNC3 but looks like this won't be the case.
I agree with your sentiment.

I think they should really split the difference - offer the AT in the Aspire in the Trend and Titanium+ variants (and the same for the EcoSport as well).
  • Someone wanting an AT is already going to be paying for the larger engine & torque converter. So, make that combination accessible in the cheaper Trend variant. Bonus points if they can make this slot in under (or match) the petrol Titanium+ in price.
  • Someone wanting an AT is getting the larger engine, higher tax bracket, etc., which also means that they might be willing to pony up for all the bells and whistles, so give that buyer the option of the Titanium+.
Right now, it's a bit of a neither here nor there situation.

That said, very pleased to see the powertrain on offer in the Aspire, and looking forward to the same in the Figo.

Last edited by arunphilip : 3rd October 2018 at 09:55.
Old 3rd October 2018, 09:57   #162
BHPian

Quote:

I for one am not complaining. The 1.5L Dragon with the new 6 speed AT should be a hoot to drive.

True that. Even I'm looking forward to this engine plus transmission combo on the Aspire.

Quote:

Well knowing Ford, they might well bring out the top end automatic if they see good demand (and sales for the Titanium automatic).
nikipedia87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:57   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Should be plug and play - but it might be prohibitively expensive. The current Sync system itself costed about 50k and could be installed only on the trend and titanium trims.
Very true, but as far as I know, there is no other way to get a touch screen console on the aspire, given the unique design of the vents. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:54   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by croupier View Post
Very true, but as far as I know, there is no other way to get a touch screen console on the aspire, given the unique design of the vents. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are wrong

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-images-25.jpeg

Intall this and most 2-din systems will fit.

I think someone in one of the various Figo threads has recently posted about getting this done.

Found this link on Google search.

http://www.carplus.in/ford/figo/kmh-...ew-2-din-12860
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 23:07   #165
BANNED

Wouldn’t the 3 cylinder limit the potential bhp and increase the vibrations?

Any idea if this has improved power rating?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks