Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2017, 17:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago AMT now in XTA trim at Rs. 4.79 lakh

Tata Tiago AMT will now be offered in the XT trim (XTA) at a price of Rs. 4.79 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Tata Tiago AMT coming up in the XT variant. EDIT: Launched at Rs 4.79 lakhs-tiago_amtshift_banners.jpg

Tata had launched the AMT version of the Tiago in March 2017 only with the top-end XZ trim (XZA). We recently reported that the Tiago AMT will be offered in a lower trim (XT). The XTA has now been included in the price list of the Tiago on the official website. The XTA variant will be available at Rs. 46,500 less than the XZA trim.

The Tiago XTA gets most of the features from top-spec XZA trim except for some, including - steering mounted phone and audio controls, auto down window on driver's side, cooled glove box, boot lamp, LED turn signal on ORVM, fog lamps, rear wiper, washer and defogger. The XTA variant doesn't get alloy wheels, ABS with EBD and corner stability control either while dual airbags are available as an option.

The Tiago XTA is equipped with a 1,199cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine that delivers 83 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. The engine is mated to a 5-speed AMT which comes with a manual shift mode. It also comes with a creep function that enables the car to crawl forward as soon as the brake pedal is released. The Tiago AMT further comes with 2 driving modes - Sport and City.

The Tata Tiago AMT competes with the Maruti Suzuki Celerio AMT which is priced in the range of Rs. 4.49 - 5.24 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 17th August 2017 at 17:43.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 17:41   #17
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT now in XTA trim at Rs. 4.79 lakh

Is XZA being discontinued as suggested in the earlier article or XTA is in addition to XZA?
Old 17th August 2017, 17:47   #18
BHPian

So totally the XTA is missing 12 features when compared to only XZA. Though some are gimmicks, there are some really big features. But the difference in ex showroom price is just 46.5K. This means either these features are only worth this difference or TATA is slowly capitalizing on the success of Tiago! In any case, nice that TATA is expanding the portfolio of a good car
RaghuVis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 18:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevendraG View Post
Is XZA being discontinued as suggested in the earlier article or XTA is in addition to XZA?
Website still shows the prices of XZA. So, this variant seems to be an addition.

Last edited by GTO : 18th August 2017 at 13:23. Reason: Typo
Old 17th August 2017, 22:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Suddenly Nissan Micra CVT looks to be value for money. At 4.58 Lac Ex-Delhi, it is a good buy; just that for quite some time, this brand has become untouchable.

I was in Bengaluru last month and two of my Uber trips were in CVT Micra. This was the first time I had seen taxi segment using autobox in India. On checking the driver, he said, this is his second car; the other one is Ertiga AMT and he is very happy with presence of autobox in the cars. He can work for longer number of hours due to less fatigue. According to him, Ertiga has some teething problems whereas Micra @ 70K is absolutely smooth and trouble free.
i74js is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 23:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

Micra CVT is almost 8lakhs on road in Blore. I'm intrigued to know if this version of the Tiago carries the brilliant musuc system? Everything else can be added.
Old 18th August 2017, 06:32   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Im intrigued to know if this version of the Tiago carries the brilliant musuc system? Everything else can be added.
Yes, Tiago XT/XTA come with same Harman Kardon HU like on XZ.

Here are features that XT misses compared to XZ
  • Alloy wheels
  • ORVM with LED turn indicator
  • Chrome garnish on front fog lamps
  • Chrome finish on air vents
  • Body coloured air vents
  • Knitted fabric on interior roof liner
  • Driver & co-driver airbags
  • ABS with EBD & Corner Stability Control
  • Front fog lamps
  • Seat belt with pretensioners & load limiters
  • Rear defogger
  • Rear smart wiper with wash
  • 4 Tweeters
  • Steering mounted audio & phone controls
  • Driver Seat Height Adjustment
  • Adjustable front head rests
  • One-shot down on driver side window
  • Cooled glove box
  • Boot lamp

Bold ones are available only on Option Trim of XT.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 06:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Micra CVT is almost 8lakhs on road in Blore. I'm intrigued to know if this version of the Tiago carries the brilliant musuc system? Everything else can be added.
Same music system but without tweeters. Also no steering mounted controls. Unlike cars from 10 years ago or older, it's much harder to add missing features to me cars now because of the body control units and such. The price difference between the xza and the xta is only inb tens of thousands, not lakhs. I think that it's worth spending the difference for the xza which offers ABS, airbags and many more comfort features.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 07:27   #24
BHPian

While its good that Tata has introduced AMT in Tiago, it makes me wonder why the car manufacturers (well at least some of them) don't give automatic in top trims!
Old 18th August 2017, 11:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
While its good that Tata has introduced AMT in Tiago, it makes me wonder why the car manufacturers (well at least some of them) don't give automatic in top trims!
Just clarifying that the Tiago continues to sell the XZA version (top-end), and they launched it before (clearly ) this version. I wasn't sure if you included Tata in the "well at least some of them" caveat.

If you were asking about why other manufacturers might tend to offer the automatics in a version lower than the top-end, it's a simple matter of trying to improve margins while still maintaining a reasonable number of variants. I think this'll change over time because automatics --AMTs or otherwise -- are gaining traction in the market.
Amartya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 12:12   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
Just clarifying that the Tiago continues to sell the XZA version (top-end), and they launched it before (clearly ) this version. I wasn't sure if you included Tata in the "well at least some of them" caveat.

If you were asking about why other manufacturers might tend to offer the automatics in a version lower than the top-end, it's a simple matter of trying to improve margins while still maintaining a reasonable number of variants. I think this'll change over time because automatics --AMTs or otherwise -- are gaining traction in the market.
You're right about Tata here. My point was regarding some prominent models such as the i20, the Baleno (which has now been given an automatic top trim), Xcent, Jazz etc. For buyers who want an automatic but are ready to shell out some extra bucks for goodies, these models don't offer an obvious choice.
Old 20th August 2017, 17:26   #27
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT coming up in the XT variant. EDIT: Launched at Rs 4.79 lakhs

Am in the market for a "small" car for the missus - criteria being
1. Automatic
2. All safety features(ABS/EBD/ABs) must.

For in city-local market-short inter city trips only. For 3 to 5 years max. Resale not a major concern..

That leaves only 2 contenders= TIAGO vs MICRA

With Delhi registration Tiago XZA is being offered for 6,04,165 OTR (608165 minus a so called corporate discount of 4000 Rs) while Micra XL CVT is being offered for 6,67,937. ( OTR is 694127 minus 1st year insurance i.e. 26190 Rs)..

Somehow a saving of 63000 for a small car appears huge. Need the community's advice !!
drasitkhanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 21:02   #28
BHPian

I own neither of these, but have looked at some hatchbacks in this segment recently and test-drove a few. So here are my two cents:
The choice is essentially between the gearbox technologies. If you have driven the Tiago and find its it's AMT driveable then it sure makes a more value for money proposition. The CVT of the Micra is obviously a different and possibly superior technology offering a smoother driving experience.

The XL variant that you have referred to is actually the lower variant of the Micra CVT and may not have all features / equipment of the higher end Micra XV. Comparing the top end variants of the two cars, the interiors and the ride quality is possibly better in the Tiago. The ICE in Tiago is better and the Micra comes with keyless entry and ignition and automatic climate control. The rest of the equipment and safety levels are mostly similar in the top end versions of the two cars. On paper the Revotron engine of the Tiago produces marginally more power and torque than the Micra's engine.

The on-road price difference between the Micra XV and Tiago XZA (top ends) is likely to be about 1.3 lakhs. Similarly difference between Micra XL and Tiago XTA (lower variants) is likely to be about 1.2 lakhs. The difference of 65K that you point to is between the Tiago XZA (top) and Micra XL (lower) variants

All in all, my take is that the Tiago offers substantially more value for money if you are OK with the AMT over the CVT. If the AMT is a deal-breaker for you then the choice is between Micra CVT, Brio AT and the Grand i10 AT - all three being priced at more or less similar levels.
cogWheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 22:56   #29
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
1. Automatic

For in city-local market-short inter city trips only. For 3 to 5 years max. Resale not a major concern..

With Delhi registration Tiago XZA is being offered for 6,04,165 OTR (608165 minus a so called corporate discount of 4000 Rs) while Micra XL CVT is being offered for 6,67,937. ( OTR is 694127 minus 1st year insurance i.e. 26190 Rs)..

Somehow a saving of 63000 for a small car appears huge. Need the community's advice !!
I'd advice you take a middle path and go for the Ignis Delta AMT which should cost you around Rs. 6.5L. You get a better engine than the Tiago plus you get the added benefit of Maruti sales and service vis-a-vis the Nissan.
Old 21st August 2017, 00:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
1. Automatic

Tiago, if you ask me!
It's a well built car offering premium interiors, best in class ICE, great design (unlike quirky Ignis) and with a huge savings that you mentioned. Now, you even have an option of XTA which is another 40-45K lower.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks