Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 01:10   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago AMT coming up in the XT variant. EDIT: Launched at Rs 4.79 lakhs

With thanks to y'all.

The XV MICRA is out because OTR it is touching 8,00,000 !
The i10 Magna is out because no ABS/EBD/AUDIO/1 AIRBAG. OTR it is approx 6,32,000(6,72345 minus approx 40,000 discount). The i10 sportz OTR is approx 7,24,400.
The new XTA TIAGO is out because all safety features have been stripped (no ABS/EBD/CORNER CONTROL).

The IGNIS DELTA AMT is a VERY serious contender @ approx 6,00,000 OTR Delhi but the rear is horrible looking & it does not have:
  • Sports mode drive
  • rear parking sensor
  • GPS Nav (good for the ladies!)
  • Alloys
  • Rear defogger and wiper
  • Cooled glove box
  • Follow me home lamps
  • Gear shift indicator
  • Adjustable cluster brightness
  • The HARMAN KARDON Audio with 8 speakers
  • Warranty for 40k KMs (as against 75k for Tiago)
  • worse suspension (?)
Conversely, it does have:
  • 4 cylinders (3 for Tiago)
  • Lesser weight
  • Shorter turning radius
  • 15" tyres
  • Middle rear seat belt
  • Child seat anchors
  • Cabin boot access (Tiago?)
  • CD player /DVD (who keeps CDs now ?)
  • Better service and maybe better resale value
Comparing the have's and the have not's ... the Additional features of IGNIS are light weight /ignorable while those of Tiago are heavy weight/desirable, I think.

But the comparison is slightly lop sided since the top end Tiago is vs. a mid level Ignis. But then comparison with top end Ignis is out of the question because of the huge price difference therein!
still might go for a TD of the Ignis.

My 2 cents only, no offense!

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd August 2017 at 00:58. Reason: Post cleaned up. Check PM.
drasitkhanna is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 21st August 2017, 14:02   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
The Rear is horrible looking,
Sports mode drive
Gear shift indicator,
worse suspension (?)
I would recommend that you do a back to back test drive of the Tiago and the Ignis with AC ON. I don't think the Ignis requires a Sports Mode - the driveability in case of AMT is definitely superior on the Ignis - it by default feels like a Sports mode. The impact of AC being ON can be felt very much on the Tiago whereas its business as usual for the Ignis due to the 4 Cylinder Engine.

There is a Gear Indicator on the Ignis Delta which shows the gear you are currently in. Is that you were referring to?

Suspension is firm. At low speeds the vehicle does feel a bit jumpy but the high speed stability of the Ignis is good. On the negative side, the steering does not return to center at low speeds on the Ignis which seems like a design flaw. I was in the same boat comparing Tiago XZA and Ignis Delta and finally went in for the Ignis Delta AMT.

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 21st August 2017 at 14:04.
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 19:24   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
Am in the market for a "small" car for the missus - criteria being
1. Automatic
2. All safety features(ABS/EBD/ABs) must.

For in city-local market-short inter city trips only. For 3 to 5 years max. Resale not a major concern..

That leaves only 2 contenders= TIAGO vs MICRA

With Delhi registration Tiago XZA is being offered for 6,04,165 OTR (608165 minus a so called corporate discount of 4000 Rs) while Micra XL CVT is being offered for 6,67,937. ( OTR is 694127 minus 1st year insurance i.e. 26190 Rs)..

Somehow a saving of 63000 for a small car appears huge. Need the community's advice !!
If its only Tiago vs Micra then Tiago would be my choice. I have a Tiago XZA presently used by dad and he is extremely satisfied with it. I am using a Ford Figo DCT and test driven Micra extensively before finalizing Figo as the rubber band effect in Micra CVT is very evident and is a pain in bumber to bumber traffic.

Now if you ask about the AMT drivability, I prefer taking Tiago out than Figo and that's big testimonial itself as the later being in a class above. You have to treat AMT as a manual box and it is a pleasure to drive once you get the hang of it. All you have to do is let go the accelerator just before the gear shift, nowadays I am able to upshift without any typical AMT symptoms. The 3 cylinder engine is adequately powered and doesn't strain till 120km/h, haven't pushed beyond that.

Overall Tiago is a well built car with well sorted driving dynamics and extremely VFM. I haven't driven Ignis so can't comment on it.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 20:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am wondering how this applies for an automatic. Does it mean the prompt appears in the Manual Mode? In the AMT, the shifts are handled automatically and hence there is no need for a Shift Indicator.

Also, I saw on the previous post your point about "Adjustable cluster brightness". The Ignis Delta AMT does come with brightness adjustment - Maruti provided Buttons for it and a display but there is no stalk. Below is a snap of the same:

Tata Tiago AMT coming up in the XT variant. EDIT: Launched at Rs 4.79 lakhs-20170821_184418.jpg
Ignis Brightness Adjustment

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd August 2017 at 00:54. Reason: Quoted post was removed.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2017, 21:44   #35
BHPian

What are the offer(s) anybody has got the XZA AUTO TIAGO ? OTR DELHI please. After a lot of haggling, i am being offered a 30000 rs discount + 4000 rs corporate discount such that OTR Delhi would be coming around 5,70,000 . Is that good or is that good !?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks