Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 16:22   #16
BHPian

There are about 4-5 pumps on the 100 feet ring road in BTM layout between silk-board and banashankari temple.....whats your experience about them?

1. very close to silkboard
2. near udupi garden
3. near east end circle
4. near raghavendra swamy temple

i hope atleast one of them is good??
Old 5th May 2006, 16:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

I have tanked up my car once at udupi garden petrol pump (the bpcl one I guess). This looks good to me. I have not used any other pump amongst the ones you are refering.
Old 5th May 2006, 16:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon
I have tanked up my car once at udupi garden petrol pump (the bpcl one I guess). This looks good to me. I have not used any other pump amongst the ones you are refering.
is bpcl operated by the BP company itself?

some have suggested that adultration is done at company operated pumps....IS this statement really true?

I can believe that Shell/Reliance might be good as they are new, but are the company operated pumps really good by BP and HP
Old 5th May 2006, 17:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
is bpcl operated by the BP company itself?
That one-Adwaith is not company operated; It is owned by some politician I heard. My experience with them is bad. And according to my friend their measurements are not correct.
Old 5th May 2006, 18:42   #20
BHPian

Shell has constantly been giving me good results. The milage pon my car has increased by 4 kmpl. Thats a lot of value for money. I normally fill up in the Shell station on Mysore Rd.
Old 5th May 2006, 18:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
There are about 4-5 pumps on the 100 feet ring road in BTM layout between silk-board and banashankari temple.....whats your experience about them?

1. very close to silkboard
2. near udupi garden
3. near east end circle
4. near raghavendra swamy temple

i hope atleast one of them is good??
The one opposite Banashankari temple is managed by FPO (Govt). Its quite good...
But the problem is approach and traffic....
Old 5th May 2006, 21:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

For those who thought that company owned company company operated pumps are a safe bet... check this out:
impure for sure
Old 5th May 2006, 21:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

Shell station on Lavelle road...and the one near iskcon temple.. these are the only two places i fill up from..

Amitoj paaji.. nice signature

Last edited by Godfather : 5th May 2006 at 21:34.
Old 6th May 2006, 13:00   #24
BHPian

No clue either, why Shell Diesel resulted in a poor FE. The best mileage I have got on my Swift with BP unleaded is 19 kmpl with high speed runs, but in the night. May be you can compare it to a higway drive, as the traffic was quite less. But I was surprised to find such a result from Shell Super at the same driving conditions. I have had 4 tanks fills of Shell Super and if the FE is less this time, I would surely switch to BP!
Old 6th May 2006, 16:44   #25
BHPian

Gas stations in Basvanagudi/J'nagar

Venkatrx
Here is a list of bunks you can be assured of pretty decent to good quality...based on 20+yrs of exp filling up ....

Cauvery bunk at Lalbagh west gate is one of the best bunks in Bangalore today..operated by an ex-army or defence guy...hes hanging around with a metal rod he uses to discipline his workers (when they try to pull some stunts) ..other bunks in the area which have been serving the area with some good consistency over time are....
Madhavan park bunk in J'nagar, National college circle (IOC right by diagonal road), a change in management at the Home school circle bunk has done wonders to this place as well..this is in B'gudi...Another decent bunk is inside JP Nagar bang opp. Diwakar hospital.
Bunks to stay away from are Devegowda bunk in P'nagar, Advaith personally have had bad exp when they filled up petrol in my diesel Ikon (heard its a regular happenning) they were kind enough to fix it free of charge....the other bunk btw ragigudda and raghavendra swamy temple on ring road is bad as welll. Keep away from the one at Southend...another terrible bunk is the one at National college circle BP.

There is a new shell station on mysore road opp. kwality biscuits...hopefully they maintain the same std's as any other shell..If you need bunks in other areas plz let me know...
Hopefully this helps.

Goodluck

Last edited by CM21 : 6th May 2006 at 16:54.
Old 6th May 2006, 17:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM21
Cauvery bunk at Lalbagh west gate is one of the best bunks in Bangalore today..operated by an ex-army or defence guy...hes hanging around with a metal rod he uses to discipline his workers (when they try to pull some stunts)
Many people seems to say this.

Quote:
Madhavan park bunk in J'nagar
National college circle (IOC right by diagonal road)
Home school circle bunk ,B'gudi
JP Nagar bang opp. Diwakar hospital.
This should help .....Madhavan park....is this the one in the corner?

Quote:
Bunks to stay away from are
Devegowda bunk in P'nagar
Advaith [where is this?]
ragigudda and raghavendra swamy temple on ring road
Southend
National college circle BP.
service @ ragigudda pump seems fine. do u they adultrate or serve less?

Chetan, thanks for sharing this useful info......
Old 7th May 2006, 23:42   #27
BHPian

Quote:
This should help .....Madhavan park....is this the one in the corner?
service @ ragigudda pump seems fine. do u they adultrate or serve less?
Chetan, thanks for sharing this useful info......
Yeah the madhavan park bunk is the one on the corner of the road leading to Ashoka Pillar.

Ragigudda have visited a couple of times and the service has been pretty shabby....I used to tend to avoid bunks with Auto frequented (pre-LNG days) I had observed that most of the bunks frequented by autos were usually big time adulterators...That was my rule of thumb.
Old 25th May 2006, 05:36   #28
BHPian

Adwaith in BTM layout is owned by Relative of Former CM S M Krishna.
haha, Or else getting such a big land in area like BTM layout is not a kids play ... Remember days of Krishna when they took up the land & started making this massive pump..

I just go for Pure of Sure thing, I heard BPCL checks regularly there. All pumps are checked every 15 days for quality & quantity.

Can anyone tel me good pumps for LPG filling ? I know there are few but if anyone can guide me it would be very nice. ( In & Around Indiranagar)
Old 8th June 2006, 17:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

This is about the HP pump in CV Raman nagar Bangalore, i dont know if the same thing is happening in other places too

these dudes seems to be cheating on the customers by diverting their attention..

this is how they do it.

when you go to fill fuel, they start asking you silly questions like do you need bill, paying by cash or card? etc... all these just to divert your attention..

they dont reset the counter to zero, and continue from previous reading.

i have once become a "bakra"

so the next time that guy started doing same thing, i blasted that person..this means, they are doing this again and again...

so friends, be careful while filling fuel..lets teach a lesson to these guys
Old 8th June 2006, 20:16   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Shell station on Lavelle road...and the one near iskcon temple.. these are the only two places i fill up from..

Amitoj paaji.. nice signature
Can you tell me the exact location of this pump?
Also the other shell stations in bangalore. where is the one in hosure road?
is it near to silkboard?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks