Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2006, 12:43   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha
Looks like you are new to bangalore. These two stations are no where near Hosu road
Why don't you check this link
http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?...tion_0504.html
Thanks for this. I think the only one within city is the one on vittal mallya road.
Old 16th June 2006, 20:54   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co
No clue either, why Shell Diesel resulted in a poor FE. ...
Vinu, surprised to hear the drop in FE, esp since I have been sticking to Shell for both my vehicles, both diesels, and have not seen this problem.

I have tried and rested the BP's near Jal Bhavan [B'ghatta Rd] and the one in BTM Layout, near Udupi garden [think Advaith].

One point I have heard when talking abt the issue of being cheated by the pump guys was to insist and write a complaint in their complaint book - there's supposed to be high fines for any complaints.

Thanks for the tip abt the pump in Banashankari. Personally, I do Shell [happy with the 5 I have tried in BLR - VM Rd, Mysore Rd, ISKCON, and the two in Peenya]. Outside BLR, it is Reliance.
Old 31st August 2006, 16:09   #33
BHPian

HP at Koramangala

..If you need bunks in other areas plz let me know...
Hopefully this helps.

Hi,

Any comments on the HP bunk at Koramangala near Forum junction, think its called sarjapur rd!!!??.
I fill up regularly with Turbojet and my Indica Turbo diesel seems to like drinking from there too.
Old 31st August 2006, 16:44   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Tried and Rested. I didnt find the diesel to be any better than others, and the guys manning the pumps have been upto their usual tricks.
Old 31st August 2006, 16:57   #35
BHPian

Hey condor,

Thanks for the prompt response. So shell it is. I stay at JP ngr 7th phase and my office is at MG road. Whichone would be a convenient Shell pump for me. Am new to Blore, so your info would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 3rd September 2006, 23:13   #36
BHPian

good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_freak
Any comments on the HP bunk at Koramangala near Forum junction, think its called sarjapur rd!!!??.
I guess you are referring to that bunk near that complicated junction between Forum and St Johns hospital where the road becomes into 2 one ways, one towards St Johns and the other coming from Silk Board.

Thats a good bunk. I zeroed in on that one as one of my favourites about an year back.
Old 26th September 2006, 19:05   #37
BHPian

The HP bunk near St Johns is ok- but they like to indulge in their usual bag of tricks now and then... like filling up for 100 bucks even if u say clearly 1000 bucks etc...

IMO the IOC bunk between forum and big bazar on the dairy circle side is quite good.

The HP bunk opp woodys is crap
Old 13th November 2006, 19:57   #38
kph
BHPian

Petrol stations loot us. I trust only Shell.

It’s really sad to see the way we are cheated everyday by petrol stations. From my experience I can say one thing 90% (could be more than that) of the petrol stations manipulate on quality or quantity or on both.
In Bangalore I believe only Shell. The advantage in mileage is around 10%. I have filled from 4 shell stations in Bangalore and always got the max mileage.
(But I don’t get good mileage with Shell diesel. Don’t know the reason anyway)
I haven't tried Relience petrol coz they don't have one within the city limits.

I wonder if someone has noticed the same before.
Old 13th November 2006, 21:53   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

@kph, we have been discussing this topic. One such thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post299708

As always, it helps to search before posting / starting a new thread.

Mods, should this be moved?
Old 13th November 2006, 22:34   #40
Team-BHP Support

Condor, thanks. Merged both and given an apt name.
Old 14th November 2006, 00:07   #41
BANNED

hi

my prefernces are Shell ,BP ( these guys have a very good quality check in place and any complaint against a petrol pump is looked into immediately )

The worst is indian oil pumps . evern the company outlets have bad and I have actually complained against a petrol pump ,but no action seems to have taken place .

might be a fax to the petroleum ministry might help ,but I dont have time for these ...hhmmmz
Old 14th November 2006, 23:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yet to hear anything bad about a shell petrol pump,are they the best.
Too bad we dont have them in Pune.
Old 15th November 2006, 11:03   #43
Senior - BHPian

Bad Fuel Station - WE HIGHWAY, Borivali

There is one HP Fuel station on the WE highway near the Magathane Bus depot in Borivali. Its near the Spectra Motors which is I am sure cheating the car owners...it has happened with me twice...I have asked them to fill fuel worth 600 in my car, when ever i have filled from other fuel stations, my car runs for about 170 kms in those 600 rs. worth of fuel, but from this fuel station, it runs for only about 50 kms....I am sure some people who fill in from this pump might have observed this...I need to bring this to the attn of HP, but how...? They reason that they can cheat consumers without being unnoticed is probably there are 2 new car showrooms next to it. And people fall prey to the assumption that since, there car is not yet completed the run in period, is giving less mileage...

Its a crime that they are committing but they should be stopped...
Old 15th November 2006, 13:18   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
One point I have heard when talking abt the issue of being cheated by the pump guys was to insist and write a complaint in their complaint book - there's supposed to be high fines for any complaints.
Hey Condor, I think the only effect of the heavy fines is that they start cheating more. The only way out is to not use that petrol pump any longer. I have filed atleast 3 complaints about the petrol pump at Sadashivnagar Bhashyam Circle in the 90s but they continue to cheat the public regularly and are always crowded too, I cannot understand how?

I guess with a population of 1 billion, these guys will need only a fraction to visit them regularly to be crowded
Old 17th June 2007, 06:46   #45
BHPian

My experience is bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
I guess you are referring to that bunk near that complicated junction between Forum and St Johns hospital where the road becomes into 2 one ways, one towards St Johns and the other coming from Silk Board.

Thats a good bunk. I zeroed in on that one as one of my favourites about an year back.
This HP Bunk cheated me by filling 2 lits instead of 3 lits. They started speaking to me and diverted the attention and started the meter without my notice.

I got only 80kms milegage in my 2 wheeler instead of 120 kms mileage

In my experience, the following are good in Bangalore
1) Koramangala - 7th Block 80 ft road - BP Bunk - diaggonally opp HDFC Bank
2) IOC opp to Banashankari Bus stand
3) HP Company outlet next to JAL BHAVAN, Baneerghatta Road
4) HP - Katriguppe BSK IIIrd stage (BEST one for me)

Bad ones are
1) Advaith
2) Padmanaba nagar DG - IOC
3) HP on IRR - Jayanagar 4th T Block
4) IOC near East end circle
5) IOC near BTM Water tank

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks