Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2008, 11:24   #76
Senior - BHPian

How long can u wait without a regn. no ?

Guys,

One observation about AP cars is that many of them ply on the roads without a permanent registration number / board. Even for more than 6 months at a time...

I was of the impression that cars can ply on temp regn for a week max after which they should be properly registered.

Is the rule in AP different ? Someone mentioned you can book a particular number and wait. For how long ? What is the official rule in AP?

cheers!
Old 21st May 2008, 12:12   #77
Senior - BHPian

I know someone who paid 1 lac for this no - UP-- AK 47

All these numbers cost a lot, I am sure 3333 will cost 5 - 10k at least. 1313 would be cheaper.

A few years back I got 4444 free on my Santro !!
Old 21st May 2008, 12:54   #78
BHPian

hey Student,

I know an agent who can get these no.s done for u.

See, just paying the official fee is not enough for getting these no's.

1313 will cost u min. of 5k as official fees, and 3333 will cost u around 10k to 20k as official fees.

Other than that, what happens is multiple ppl opt for these nos. coz they are fancy! So then it goes into auction, and then prices like 1lk are also paid!

So to escape that, and sneak the no. past the auction, u need a good broker, who can manipulate things inside to allot the no. before even it is to come out in the market. its like...they give out only the next 1000 nos from the current running.

will try to find his no. and give u soon.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:24   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Guys,

One observation about AP cars is that many of them ply on the roads without a permanent registration number / board. Even for more than 6 months at a time...

I was of the impression that cars can ply on temp regn for a week max after which they should be properly registered.

Is the rule in AP different ? Someone mentioned you can book a particular number and wait. For how long ? What is the official rule in AP?

cheers!
Hey srini, AFAIK the T/R is valid for a month and you have to get your car registered in that month.
Old 21st May 2008, 14:53   #80
BHPian

The penalty for driving the car more than a month/1000km, is Rs.1000/- my cousin has paid this 3 times in the last 4 months, waiting for a particular no. for his Fabia!
Old 21st May 2008, 16:36   #81
BHPian

These are the numbers we have used on our cars:
HR XX 0046
HR XX C 0046
HR XX D 0082
HR XX 4242
HR XX E 2200

All these are before the "VIP" numbers were paid.
We knew someone who knew someone in RTO. All the above said numbers we got were without spending a penny.

Now, we just transfer the numbers to new cars, if we sell any vehicle.
Old 21st May 2008, 18:53   #82

i got a fancy for 1's - but four 1's were too costly, so settled for 5111, my mobile no. lasting with 98***51111

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st May 2008 at 20:30. Reason: Please use proper punctuation and not...dots.
Old 21st May 2008, 20:01   #83
BHPian

Yes it is easy to get numbers in haryana::
my number HR XX D 4400

What is the status of vip numbers /fancy numbers in new delhi
Old 21st May 2008, 20:20   #84

Dear friends
don't call theses numbers VIP. Actually these are chamcha's numbers mostly given to persons links in political parties so that those chamchas can say that they are the real chamcha.

rajeev
Old 21st May 2008, 21:13   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

I recently had my fiat left hand drive transferred from Kottayam to Mumbai and gave strict instruction to my RTOwallah to get whatever number comes, as I refuse to give a single paisa for such results. I got some number which is good enough for me. This leads me to think - by the time this display of moneypower ends, will there still be some normal numbers leftover for normal people to be able to get their cars registered ? think about it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:35   #86
BHPian

We had a VIP no. on our Premier Padmini... The no. was 9999
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:08   #87
BHPian

can numbers of old cars be transfered to new cars ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post

Now, we just transfer the numbers to new cars, if we sell any vehicle.
When i enquired at the mumbai rto, i was told we cannot transfer number of old vehicle to new vehicle even if i own both the old n the new car
Any pointers here ?
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:04   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
When i enquired at the mumbai rto, i was told we cannot transfer number of old vehicle to new vehicle even if i own both the old n the new car
Any pointers here ?
In some cities you cannot transfer the numbers to your other vehicles. I am not sure if its applicable to Mumbai.

Around 15 days ago, I read in the papers that Central Govt. has instructed that there will be no number transfers in Chandigarh.

The ruling has been passed by Center, some states have already put it in action some are in process.

I live in Panchkula which is satellite city to Chandigarh and it falls under Haryana.
In Haryana, you can still transfer the numbers, both the cars should be registered to the same person for the transfer process.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:44   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
The penalty for driving the car more than a month/1000km, is Rs.1000/- my cousin has paid this 3 times in the last 4 months, waiting for a particular no. for his Fabia!
Your Cousin is driving without a no. from the last 4 months !!!!
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:02   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinnacle View Post
Any pointers here ?
I haven't heard of this happening in Bombay ever. It would be a good practice but this would set the VIP number allotment prices through the roof even more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks