Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2017, 13:46   #61
BANNED

Re: November 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
...people used to the sedan stick to a sedan and its the people who upgrade from a hatchback tend to move to an SUV.
A sedan is the most inefficient use of road space used by a car. The area above the boot is completely unusable, while in the case of hatchback / SUV, it is either cut short or is part of the boot / seating area. But sedans (I mean proper sedans, not sub-4m mimics) add a level of comfort to the rear passengers because the rear seats are not placed "on" the rear wheels but well ahead of it.

Also, there is an aura of "sportiness" associated with (good) hatches, while a kind of "maturity" is with sedans.

So, there is no surprise in the pattern you mentioned - people who used to the comfort and maturity of a proper sedan will stick to that, while people who identified the efficient use of space will look for the same characteristics during upgrade.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2017, 09:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
I think one of the reasons both the Aspire and the Figo aren't doing well is because of the outdated console. While most of the cars in the compact sedan segment are offering a touchscreen music/ navigation system (take the dzire, xcent, tigor or the amaze for example), Ford still continues to harp on the old pilot style system With Google maps being a must for any long drive, the lack of a navigation screen hurts. Sure you could mount your Android phone to use Google maps but when other cars in the segment are offering such features, it creates a reason to think about other options while choosing a Ford. The other issue is that Ford would probably not provide any year-end discounts for the Aspire automatic cvt which seems to be a class apart from the rest in the segment. Neither are the discounts on the other cars worth mentioning.
When I was car hunting last year, I had almost zeroed in on the Polo or Vento TSI. I wanted to try the Ford DCT before finalising. I went to the showroom but was completely put off by the interiors, it felt outdated. Hyundai and Maruti really spoil their customers with good features and interiors regardless of the car they sell.
Old 26th December 2017, 14:46   #63
Senior - BHPian

Compass seems to be eating XUV500's lunch! Perhaps a chunk off the Honda City as well? The Verna is a worth contender too. Will be interesting to watch what M&M will come back with. As for City, I am hoping an all new City is in the works. This model wont drag along too long.
Am happy for Tata being at #3. Hope they stay there and grow much!
Old 27th December 2017, 10:56   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Report card of 2016 launches- Super hits, Average and Flops.

Quote:
Cells highlighted in green are doing exceptionally well, whereas orange indicate growth, but far less than expected and red ones are warning signals for respective manufacturer.
November 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-ap.jpg

link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th December 2017 at 10:57.
Old 27th December 2017, 13:15   #65
BHPian

Revenue Calculation have been done for this month and have been posted here.

Top-25 Cars based on Revenue:

November 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis-top-25-cars-revenue-nov-17.png

OEM Market Share - in terms of Revenue

Name:  OEM Market Share  Nov 17.png
Views: 1992
Size:  25.9 KB
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 13:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post

Top-25 Cars based on Revenue:

Attachment 1710065

OEM Market Share - in terms of Revenue

Attachment 1710064
The chart shows how grossly overpriced Creta and Innova are. I may buy a Hyundai or a Toyota but not these two cars. And, others can stand in line and feed to their greed but not me.
Old 27th December 2017, 14:18   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
There seems to be some issue in the calculation of final price. The Final price of some of the cars are less than the base price (eg: Innova), but for others, it is higher (eg: DZire). What's going wrong here? Or am I

Last edited by romeomidhun : 27th December 2017 at 14:28.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 14:23   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
There seems to be some issue in the calculation of final price. The Final price of some of the cars are less than the base price (eg: Innova), but for others, it is higher (eg: DZire). What's going wrong here?
This is due to the difference in GST rate, 50 percent for Innova against 30 percent for Dzire.

Last edited by S.MJet : 27th December 2017 at 14:36.
S.MJet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 14:34   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
There seems to be some issue in the calculation of final price. The Final price of some of the cars are less than the base price (eg: Innova), but for others, it is higher (eg: DZire). What's going wrong here? Or am I
As S.MJet rightly mentioned, it is due to deduction of GST + Cess % from the 75th percentile price, as that would be the approx. factory price. The Base Price refers to the Ex-showroom price of the base variant, whereas the Final Price indicates the factory price, after excluding the taxes from the 75th percentile price.
jpcoolguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks