Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2017, 10:25   #46
BHPian

Re: 2017 Volvo XC60 launched at Rs. 55.90 lakh

Speaking from my Volvo V90 ownership experience, the big advantages of the XC60 are:
1. The interior, which is admittedly standardized across the range, is class-leading. Audi gives Volvo competition but the other Germans don't hold a candle to it
2. Power Pulse definitely works in the city. I compared it objectively to my E250 CDI - which has 20 nM more torque - and found the Volvo to be more responsive at low RPMs in the same gears
3. The Inscription trim has outstanding features, far ahead of the German competition. I particularly like the ventilated, massage-enabled front seats
Stigissimo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 20:18   #47
BHPian

And now the Lexus nx300h. Sounds like great value at the price. I really wish now that I was shopping at the next segment. The space is really hotting up.
Old 21st December 2017, 21:06   #48
BHPian

Wow...just look at the debate that almost every new gen Volvo is generating! While I am not in pursuit of buying in this segment, my heart is so glad that I have something beyond the German trio if (and I hope more of when!) I get to look into this segment.

I am very tempted to take a test drive of XC60 now.
Old 22nd December 2017, 23:03   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

To conclude, this is one car i would like to own, after a long time am seeing such an amazing package. I am sure there would be some juicy pre-owned deals in couple of years and don't be surprised if i pick one up lol
I too am looking forward to that.

But honestly, it's unfortunate that these have ridiculous depreciation, compared to other cars. You may pay 2 year old Fortuner almost the same (or more) as a 2 year old XC60 inscription.

Hope with better sales, CKD approach and local spares warehouse by next year, we have quick spare availability at lesser costs.
Old 24th December 2017, 11:18   #50
Senior - BHPian

I believe all volvos allow you to control the amount of steering heft via eps software settings. Also apparently the structure of the SPA platform cars is so stiff that it doesn't require side curtain airbags. It is the same with the xc90. Finally all windows are laminated so they won't shatter and hurt the passengers unlike other cars.
reignofchaos is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2017, 12:53   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post

The main reason why I visited the dealership was to check out the seats. The spec puts even an S class (Indian) to shame: Nappa leather, ventilated, massaging, adjustable side bolster, lumbar, thigh extender, etc. But they forgot the most basic thing that makes a seat comfortable: cushion! The seats are firm and lack all around comfort even after adjustments. They have black plastic on the back and at the bottom, something that is associated with entry level luxury. Don't get me wrong, they are still good and ventilation alone will make them the segment best. I found the humble V40 R-Design seats very comfortable with good leather + good cushion + good all around support.
Being an owner of new xc90 , I can vouch for the quality of seats.They provide amazing support and for long drives I found it to be the best in business .Once you are used to these seats you will find it hard to adjust to anything else .
praveen_n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 03:27   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
The main reason why I visited the dealership was to check out the seats. The spec puts even an S class (Indian) to shame: Nappa leather, ventilated, massaging, adjustable side bolster, lumbar, thigh extender, etc. But they forgot the most basic thing that makes a seat comfortable: cushion! The seats are firm and lack all around comfort even after adjustments. They have black plastic on the back and at the bottom, something that is associated with entry level luxury. Don't get me wrong, they are still good and ventilation alone will make them the segment best. I found the humble V40 R-Design seats very comfortable with good leather + good cushion + good all around support.
My brother owns the XC90 in the US. We took a 3000 mile road trip and i have to say, general seat comfort is fantastic. You add the heated and Massaging seats to the mix and there are very few cars that come close to the comfort on offer (Maybe barring the S and its ilk).

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_n View Post
Being an owner of new xc90 , I can vouch for the quality of seats.They provide amazing support and for long drives I found it to be the best in business .Once you are used to these seats you will find it hard to adjust to anything else .
Totally agree. After a taste of those seats on a 3k mile road trip, felt very disappointed with my X3 seats.
Old 26th December 2017, 10:59   #53
BHPian

I took a test drive of XC60 and as everyone above has commented, it is loaded with features that have not seen elsewhere in that price bracket. Comfort mode was fine and Dynamic was better, but Eco mode left the vehicle struggling.
Steering was too light as compared to my Jetta. Not sure if it would tighten once speed increases in Highway - I could not test in highways.
Interestingly, I found the Artemis Chennai guys asking for Rs. 60,000 as Handling Charges!! Apparently, they want that for custom clearance and RTO charges!!
Has anyone heard of this?
Old 27th December 2017, 12:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammee View Post
Interestingly, I found the Artemis Chennai guys asking for Rs. 60,000 as Handling Charges!! Apparently, they want that for custom clearance and RTO charges!!
Has anyone heard of this?
Meant to respond to this in my previous post but just forgot. Anyway, here are the details from the Pro Forma Invoice I was given by the dealer in Hyderabad.

Ex-Showroom Price : 55,90,000
Life Tax @ 14% : 7,82,600
Insurance, 0 Dep (Platinum Policy) : 2,25,350
TR Charges : 5,000
AMC Package (4 years, up to 60K kms) : 2,00,000
Extended Warranty (2+2 years) : 1,40,000
TCS 1% : 55,900

On Road : 69,98,500

Basically, 70 Lacs on road in Hyderabad, including 2 years of extended warranty and a 4 year AMC package.

The booking amount for the vehicle is 5,00,000 and there is a 10% cancellation charge, which apparently has been introduced especially for the XC60. Maybe this has something to do with the car being a CBU and/or Launch Edition.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by sunny310c : 27th December 2017 at 12:44. Reason: Adding more information.
sunny310c is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2018, 20:58   #55
BHPian

So, after a lot of deliberation, going back and forth about it, I finally decided to go ahead with the XC60. Went and booked the car today. Came to know that the sole dealer in Hyderabad (Talwar Volvo) is only getting around 12 to 15 cars in a month and they have already received bookings for cars they are going to receive in this month and the next. So, the earliest I can expect my car is towards the last week of March. Another thing I came to know was that as of now, all cars delivered till March will be the "Launch Edition". Beyond March, the dealer has no idea if this edition of the car will still be available.

Also, the pine grey colour, which is the launch colour, is over booked and the sales executive told me to pick another colour as he was more or less certain he wouldn't be able to deliver the car in that colour, for the "Launch Edition". I picked Ebony Black, with either Amber or Dark Brown interiors. Again, had to give him two choices as he can't guarantee which colour would be available at the time. I like both interiors, although I would favour Dark Brown.

Have made the dealer add a clause saying in case they fail to deliver the "Launch Edition" of the car, they will cancel the booking without any overhead costs. One strange thing I heard from the dealer is that a lot of customers are going ahead and getting their loans processed before the car gets delivered, in order to get a preference during delivery. Given that the numbers of cars are so limited, whoever pays first, gets it first.

Anyway, now begins the long wait.
sunny310c is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 17:23   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
So, after a lot of deliberation, going back and forth about it, I finally decided to go ahead with the XC60.
===========
Good decision to go ahead with XC60, regarding availability of the car and colour you can confirm with the Vijayawada and vizag dealers.
harish619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 02:09   #57
BHPian

Quote:
So, after a lot of deliberation, going back and forth about it, I finally decided to go ahead with the XC60. Went and booked the car today. Came to know that the sole dealer in Hyderabad (Talwar Volvo) is only getting around 12 to 15 cars in a month and they have already received bookings for cars they are going to receive in this month and the next. So, the earliest I can expect my car is towards the last week of March. Another thing I came to know was that as of now, all cars delivered till March will be the "Launch Edition". Beyond March, the dealer has no idea if this edition of the car will still be available.

Also, the pine grey colour, which is the launch colour, is over booked and the sales executive told me to pick another colour as he was more or less certain he wouldn't be able to deliver the car in that colour, for the "Launch Edition". I picked Ebony Black, with either Amber or Dark Brown interiors. Again, had to give him two choices as he can't guarantee which colour would be available at the time. I like both interiors, although I would favour Dark Brown.

Have made the dealer add a clause saying in case they fail to deliver the "Launch Edition" of the car, they will cancel the booking without any overhead costs. One strange thing I heard from the dealer is that a lot of customers are going ahead and getting their loans processed before the car gets delivered, in order to get a preference during delivery. Given that the numbers of cars are so limited, whoever pays first, gets it first.

Congratulations sir! You will definitely LOVE this car! If i was in the market for a midsize luxury SUV, this is the one i'd go for!
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 09:11   #58
BHPian

This probably doesn't belong in this thread but I was watching a video on youtube on the Carwow channel about the most and the least reliable cars in UK. There was a survey done by JD Power where they surveyed 12,000 drivers with cars registered between 2014 and 2016 and compiled, what they call, a Vehicle Dependablility Study for 2017.

Can read more about it here http://www.jdpower.com/press-release...dability-study

The gist of it is:

Volvo is right at the top along with Kia. Just thought I would share this.
sunny310c is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 10:40   #59
BHPian

Quote:
So, after a lot of deliberation, going back and forth about it, I finally decided to go ahead with the XC60. Went and booked the car today.

Congratulations!! Its a beautiful car, hope the wait is short.

Quote:
One strange thing I heard from the dealer is that a lot of customers are going ahead and getting their loans processed before the car gets delivered, in order to get a preference during delivery. Given that the numbers of cars are so limited, whoever pays first, gets it first.
Are the customers getting their loan approved or disbursed? You can get the loan amount approved from the bank, so that the disbursal can happen instantly when the car is ready for delivery.
Old 9th January 2018, 12:45   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Congratulations!! Its a beautiful car, hope the wait is short.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
Are the customers getting their loan approved or disbursed? You can get the loan amount approved from the bank, so that the disbursal can happen instantly when the car is ready for delivery.
According to what the sales guy told me, the customers are getting the loans disbursed, meaning, they will start paying EMIs even before they get the car. All this as the demand is high and the number of cars being allocated to the dealer are very few. Ironically, if I am to believe the sales executive, I am the only customer who has asked for a clause to be added around the delivery of the "Launch Edition". Most of the customers aren't even aware of this being the "Launch Edition". So they just want the car in a hurry.

The sales exec. also told me that this is the first time Volvo is coming out with a "Launch Edition" for any of its cars in India. Not sure if that is true, perhaps other Volvo owners can confirm that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks