Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2019, 21:16   #46
BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik.arora View Post
Feeling the AMT jerkiness is also a factor of the driver's mindset. Having used a Zest AMT in the past (95k kms), which shares its power train with the Brezza, I can safely say that it is not that bad. It is definitely bad for people who have experienced CVT/DSG/Torque converter in the past, but is just fine for a first time automatic user.

On the interiors part, I just can't digest those interiors. To me the quality levels are same as that in the celerio/swift. For someone upgrading from a Maruti hatch to a Brezza, the interior feel will remain the same. A lot of part sharing is also evident. This is my personal opinion.
I have an Electric (E2O) as my daily drive to office. Electric are the smoothest Automatics you can ever drive as they have linear torque curve starting from ZERO RPM. It is amazingly smooth.

And I have driven both AT and CVT (not DSG). And I agree they are smoother than AMT.

Even after being used to other types of Automatic, I did not feel AMT to be as bad as many have projected it to be.

Or perhaps Brezza has it very well tuned.
Old 10th March 2020, 10:25   #47
JLN
BHPian

Re: Maruti-Suzuki Vitara Brezza AMT launched at Rs 8.54 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Whoever is buying it, please take a detailed test-drive before plonking that deposit cheque. I found the latest tune of the MJD + AMT to be extremely jerky in the Swift, a LOT more so than the petrol (due to the diesel's turbo-charger and less linear power delivery). It is a flawed combination.

By the way, the press release also makes no mention of cruise control.

Trivia from the press release: Top variants (Z/Z+) contribute to 56% of total sales. Now, think of that for a minute - the car sells well over 10,000 every month, and Maruti spent merely Rs. 860 crore in developing it, with 98% level of localisation at launch. Simply put, the Vitara Brezza is an RBI-approved money printing machine!

Would say it's more than just a minute impact. Compact car buyers have moved to petrols in a big way.
Despite all the warnings about the AMT, I ended up buying a ZDi AMT in Jan 2020 (among the last Brezza diesel models with the Fiat 1.3 MJD engine). Having used it now for around 1 month with a run of 1,500 kms including a 700 km trip on the highway, I am quite pleased with the car. The AMT is not smooth like a conventional AT/CVT at the lower gears, but once you get used to the AMT, it is quite nice. I have owned several automatics in the past and find the Brezza AMT to be quite good and easy to use. Just needs some getting used to its behaviour especially at the lower gears in stop & go traffic.

Last edited by JLN : 10th March 2020 at 10:29.
JLN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks