Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2018, 16:58   #16

re: Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched

With a serious crisis with dealership and service network, Datsun cars will always remain a big question mark in the market. The noisy engine that has a lot of vibration makes things even worse. With the new Santro coming up and the tried & tested Alto, why would one even justify a decision like Datsun. And those who want a bit more space, there is WagonR. Trust and credibility are very serious issues that Datsun hasn't been able to create till date.
Old 9th October 2018, 20:59   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Revealed the Datsun twins!

-New dashboard, individual front seats and a 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto lead the list

-Go and Go+ get more safety kit. Dual airbags, ABS and reverse parking sensors are part of the kit

-Go gets new bumpers, LED DRLs and larger 14-inch 'diamond cut' wheels

- In Go, there's a new dash, individual seats (remember the old conjoined front seats?), new dials (now with a tacho) and of course the new touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-8.jpg

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-4.jpg

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-5.jpg

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-6.jpg

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-7.jpg

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-1.jpg

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-3.jpg

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-2.jpg

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-9.jpg

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-10.jpg

Source:@ Launch tweets

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th October 2018 at 21:03.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 13:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

New Datsun Go twins launched in India at the introductory prices of Rs.3.29Lakhs (Go hatchback) and Rs.3.83Lakhs (Go Plus Stationwagon).

Link - https://www.carblogindia.com/2018-da...lift-launched/

This makes the Go cheaper by Rs.9K and Go Plus cheaper by Rs.12K for the base variants. Standard safety features include Speed Alert System, Dual Front Airbags, ABS with EBD and Brake Assist, Rear Parking Sensors.

I had read in some other news that the weight of the cars have increased by about 150Kg due to all the added equipment and changes done for increasing the safety aspects of the cars

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 10th October 2018 at 13:24. Reason: Added more details
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 18:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Datsun GO and GO+ facelift launched

Datsun has launched the updated GO and GO+ in India. While the GO is priced from Rs. 3.29 lakh, the GO+ is priced from Rs. 3.83 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). These are introductory prices.

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-datsun-go.jpg

Both the GO and GO+ receive an updated grille with a chrome border, revised headlamps and a new front bumper featuring vertical LED DRLs. The cars ride on new 14-inch dual-tone, diamond cut alloy wheels. Datsun has also updated the interiors of the GO and GO+. The cars now feature a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which has Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity and voice recognition. Other features include a new instrument cluster and rear parking sensors.

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-new-datsun-go.jpg

The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine from the pre-facelift cars has been carried over unchanged. It produces 67 BHP @ 5,000 rpm and 104 Nm @ 4,000 rpm and is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Both models come equipped with a driver airbag and ABS as standard, while top variants get a passenger airbag as well.

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-new-datsun-go-image-2.jpg

The updated Datsun GO and GO+ are available two new exterior colour options - Amber Orange and Sun Stone Brown.

Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-new-datsun-go-image-3.jpg

Variant-wise ex-showroom prices:

Datsun GO

D - Rs. 3,29,000

A - Rs. 3,99,000

A (O) - Rs. 4,29,000

T - Rs. 4,49,000

T (O) - Rs. 4,89,000

Datsun GO+

D - Rs. 3,83,000

A - Rs. 4,53,000

A (O) - Rs. 5,05,000

T - Rs. 5,30,000

T (O) - Rs. 5,69,000

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 00:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

So, as per the new product brochure, attached with this reply, the new Go Plus has the same length, while the width has increased by 1mm to 1636mm (from 1635mm), the height has increased by 17mm to 1507mm (from 1490mm), while at 2450mm the wheelbase remains identical, the ground clearance has increased by 10mm to 180mm (from 170mm).

Also, I do not know if these are actual changes or just a change in nomenclature for the same thing, but the Suspension at front is now McPherson Strut with Lower Transverse Link (previous version had MacPherson Strut with Double Pivot Lower Arm) and at the rear is now Twist Beam Suspension with Coil Spring (previous version had H-Type Torsion Beam). I do not know if this will change the way this vehicle drives or not, but I hope it is an improvement because of the increased Ground Clearance and addition of a 14" Alloy Wheel with 10mm wider rubber.

The mileage too has increased from 19.44KMPL to 19.83KMPL in the newer version, despite the additional weight increase [Kerb Weight of 790Kgs in the pre-facelift version (as per Team-BHP Official Car Review (Datsun GO+ : Official Review)), and 882Kgs in the new facelifted version(as per the new brochure)], while the engine power and torque values remain the same. This is impressive I must say.

The addition of Dual Airbags, ABS with EBD and BA is a very welcome change. Hope the added weight of the car is because of added metal for Crash Test Safety and this model won't get a 0 Star in Global NCAP rating.

Even though it lacks features like Steering Mounted Audio and Phone Controls, Height Adjustable Driver Seat, Power Folding ORVMs with Side Turn Indicators, Auto AC, Height Adjustable Driver and Front Passenger Seatbelts, 60:40 or 50:50 Split Folding 2nd Row Seats or 50:50 Split Folding 3rd Row Seats, and even Rear Defogger to name a few, but at that price point and with all the features, I think that it is a great alternative to a Sub 4m Hatchback. People may bash me for what I've written here, but owning a Baleno for over 2 years, the flexibility a car like this will offer, when we have to carry more than 5 adults on board along with my 16 month old in his Car Seat, is better than 5 Seats and 330 Liters of Boot Volume in the Baleno. I am the tallest in the family at 5'8", so for a family like mine, I guess a Go Plus with a Luggage Carrier on top will be an ideal car when carrying all 6 adults and my son, than spending a few more lakhs on an Ertiga or any other 7 seater.

Still, I'd like to wait for the Renault RBC or Datsun to provide this car with an AMT or AT because my need is for a 7 seater automatic Petrol car next. Let's see when I make the dive and buy my next car, it may be 6-12 months before I take the plunge for my next car though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Datsun Go Plus MY2018 e-Brochure.pdf (1,015.5 KB, 332 views)

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 11th October 2018 at 00:38. Reason: Correction
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 06:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun GO and GO+ facelift launched

The interiors look fresh and premium for its segment, they should have provided a D/N IRVM and replaced the outdated AC and blower knobs.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched

Mods, when can we expect the Team BHP reviews of the new Go twins to come up?
Old 3rd June 2019, 17:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Datsun GO and GO+ updated with new safety tech and infotainment system

Source Article

Quote:
Datsun India has launched its GO and the GO+ models with new safety and convenience features. The company has updated the GO and GO+ models with Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system, a new seven-inch infotainment system and a fresh Vivid Blue paint scheme (specific to Datsun GO).

The newly added Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) safety feature monitors wheel speed, steering wheel position, and lateral acceleration via onboard sensors, resulting in greater stability and control. The safety feature comes in action as soon as the vehicle steers out of control in case of oversteering/understeering and thus facilitates a safer driving experience. Both the Datsun cars now also come equipped with additional safety features such as anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD), brake assist (BA) traction control system (TCS), engine immobiliser, rear parking sensors and dual front airbags as standard. These safety features will help the cars to pass new safety norms as per which, from 1 July 2019, all M1 category vehicles will be required to feature speed alert system, driver and co-driver SBR, manual override for central locking system and rear parking sensors as standard.

On the inside, the Datsun GO and Datsun GO+ get a new seven-inch infotainment system which supports Apple Car Play, Android Auto and voice recognition with the latest update. Commenting on the launch of the updated models, Hardeep Singh Brar, Director Sales and Commercial, Nissan India, said, “Datsun is committed to transform customer experience with new and innovative products. Underscoring our focus on progressive mobility backed by safety, technology, style and convenience, the New Datsun GO and GO+ now comes with VDC so that the Datsun owner can drive with confidence.”

Both the models run on the same 1.2L HR12 DE 3-cylinder engine which churns out 50 kW (68 PS) of maximum power at 5,000 rpm, and 104 Nm of peak torque at 4,000 rpm. The engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The cars also deliver the same fuel economy of 19.83 km/l (ARAI claimed).

The Datsun GO range starts at INR 3,32,078 while the bigger, GO+ range retails at INR 3,86,588 onwards, both prices ex-showroom, Delhi.
Datsun GO, GO+ facelift coming in September 2018. EDIT: Launched-datsungovividblue008c.jpg

The brochures on the official website still do not reflect these changes as I put this post up.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 18:21   #24
AYP
Senior - BHPian

In addition to the safety features, it is good to see apple carplay and android auto trickle down to the lower segments. While on the other hand, Ford is removing Sync3 from the Ecosport Titanium+.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 23:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Interestingly, the VDC is only available in the T and T(O) variants, and is not standard throughout the range like Airbags etc. Attaching the updated brochures below.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 23:40   #26
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Kicks, Datsun Go & Go+ To Get CVT This Festive Season: Report

Source

Quote:
The head of Nissan India has confirmed that Nissan will be coming out with a CVT-equipped variant of the GO and GO+ this festive season, to be followed by Kicks CVT.

The Indian automotive sector is going through one of its worst downfalls ever in terms of sales and customer sentiments, but the upcoming festive season is being seen as a ray of hope by many. That’s not it, companies are also required to update their entire fleet of cars, that they plan to sell post-April 2020, to meet the BS-VI emission norm as it is mandated by the government.

As a result, Nissan will be trying to make the most of its opportunities as it will not only be launching the updated BS-VI compliant version of the Kicks SUV later this year but will also be introducing a CVT-equipped variant. This will also be extended to Nissan’s sub-brand Datsun as the Datsun GO and the GO+ will get a CVT gearbox and be updated to BS-VI emission norm during the upcoming festive season.

The head of Nissan India – Hardeep Singh Brar confirmed this development in a recent interview and called this as a part of Nissan following the trend and catering to the rise of the demand for automatic gearbox-equipped vehicles across segments.

Currently, the Nissan Kicks is available with a choice of a 1498cc in-line 4-cylinder petrol engine that makes 106 PS of power at 5,600 RPM and 142 Nm of torque at 4,000 RPM, or a 1461cc in-line 4-cylinder diesel engine that churns out 110 PS of power at 3,850 RPM and a massive 240 Nm of torque at 1,750 RPM.

The petrol engine comes with a 5-speed manual transmission whereas the diesel engine gets a 6-speed manual gearbox. The Nissan Kicks has a starting price of Rs 9.55 lakh for petrol engine variants and Rs 11.09 lakh for the diesel engine variants (all prices ex-showroom).

The Datsun GO and GO+, on the other hand, come powered by a 1198cc three-cylinder petrol engine that makes 68 PS of power at 5000 RPM and 104 Nm of torque at 4000 RPM, that is offered with a 5-speed manual gearbox. The starting price for the Datsun GO and the GO+ is Rs 3.32 lakh and Rs 3.86 lakh, respectively (all prices ex-showroom).

Expect all these cars to get a bump in price as BS-VI compliant cars are expected to get dearer by around Rs 1 lakh on their ex-showroom price, and the CVT variants to take the updated price further up by around Rs 50,000 on the ex-showroom price.
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 10:30   #27
BHPian

I don't know how many will buy the Go with CVT. I was looking at the top end model but without discounts it was coming to 6.3 lakhs. I would prefer to buy a santro amt for that amount or a little bit more.

The datsun go has a very nice engine for it's segment but the car itself is built to a cost and I feel it has no place in the 6 lakh + segment. It should remain in the Kwid segment as the build quality is commensurate with the Kwid than say a Santro.

The feature list is nice but thin seats in the front, very cheap plastics all around makes the Go seem uncompetitive with models like the wagon r and santro.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks