Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2007, 15:06   #16
BHPian

How I wish the V6 was launched in manual..
Old 9th January 2007, 15:19   #17
BHPian

City : NEW DELHI
Accord VTi-L M/T:Rs.1463363.76 Accord VTi-L A/T:Rs.1534669.85 Accord V6 A/T:Rs.1692347.09

Source: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. :: Price List

Well, no difference in price but some more features.. Sounds ok , but Honda could have done with a more power packed model.. Did the expensive tag on the CRV scare them ??????
Old 9th January 2007, 15:22   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the update from Honda in my email today with the pic. The updated car looks really snazzy - especially from back. Resembles a C-class at first sight.
Old 9th January 2007, 15:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead View Post
Well, no difference in price but some more features.. Sounds ok , but Honda could have done with a more power packed model.. Did the expensive tag on the CRV scare them ??????
Could be. Perhaps they did not want to lose out the market share of accord by disturbing the price. At the same time, they are giving a fresher look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da MotorHead View Post
How I wish the V6 was launched in manual..
no words, just
Old 9th January 2007, 16:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

DMH - The prices are for the previous model, for this model prices are expected to be announed by today evening. Expect a rise of about 3% on ex-showroom price & roughly an increase of 60-odd thousand on the on-road price.

But no V-6 manual again sigh When will Honda learn?
Old 9th January 2007, 19:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
DMH - The prices are for the previous model, for this model prices are expected to be announed by today evening.
. Just got a call from Southend Honda. The price for the V6 is 1732000 ex showroom Delhi, unlike the previous quote. Likewise the other two variants are priced at 30k upwards of the last post on prices make the base model come to 1492000..
Old 9th January 2007, 19:40   #22
BHPian

Hey i think this is an important point too about the new 3L V6 Engine

The formidable pairing of VTEC and VTC results in several major improvements to drivability, including more power and torque at lower RPM levels, enhanced fuel economy and significantly lower emissions.
Old 9th January 2007, 20:28   #23
BHPian

Weren't they going to offer 160+ bhp with the 2.4?
Old 9th January 2007, 20:58   #24
BHPian

i had seen this model abroad and it looks more or less the same except for the rear, in fact i saw a mod version of this car, was really neat with the xenons and the low profile alloys, wish they had given xenons in this model
Old 10th January 2007, 08:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
DMH - The prices are for the previous model, for this model prices are expected to be announed by today evening. Expect a rise of about 3% on ex-showroom price & roughly an increase of 60-odd thousand on the on-road price.

But no V-6 manual again sigh When will Honda learn?
Like u said there is around 2-3% hike in the price. But still I feel its VFM considering LAura /CAmry .
Old 10th January 2007, 10:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

This is just a freshened model and not a NEW one. Look at the Detroit show for teasers on the new model (atleast the coupe concept sketches look great)
Old 10th January 2007, 14:24   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Like u said there is around 2-3% hike in the price. But still I feel its VFM considering LAura /CAmry .
It's still very good VFM & would be my choice in that segment but my frustation is that the V-6 manual has not been launched. I've no doubt this will post some very nice sales figures in its segment!
Old 11th January 2007, 22:28   #28
BANNED

Hey, went to the dealer today to have a look at the new beauty!!

Well, the front still looks ditto the old one. The side view is a bit more pronounced, I couldn't really figure out why (Maybe the new rear has something to do with it).
The colour of the car on display (Well, it was not yet to be displayed. Will be displayed from tomorrow I think) was Carbon Bronze pearl. Looked good, The black will be a STUNNER for sure.
The interiors remains very much the same. Not much of a difference. The speedometer display has been redesigned a bit (the old one was good too). The blink light sequence is still there and has a manual dimmer now. The CD player and the instrument console remains same. I am very sad the CD player still doesn't play MP3!!!
The woody steering is not much exciting as expected to be. Just some pads of fake woiod stuck on the old steering I think. Ok that's what it looked like. Tilt is good and telescopic function is a great add-on!!
One thing I liked very much was that the Power windows operate after the ignition is turned off.
The seat adjustments are power only on the driver seat like the old one. WHY HONDA??
The Alloy wheels are also same on the 2.4 versions. Only V6 comes with new alloys. VERRY BAD!!!
Parking sensors have been added to the front and rear. Good!! And so is the Headlamps auto-cut off feature.

The rear is a completely different story. It's changed a lot!! Yes, everybody knows it!!! The rear has thrown what the old Accord was pretty much known for!! A very distinguished REAR!! (Lately, some Hyundai designer spoiled it).
Now, the design is almost a commonly seen design. The comparisons with newer Mercs, Mondeo etc.. is inevitable. The rear lamps are now LED. It is a great design!!! But common nowadays.
There's a big brake light on the tip of the boot lip. It dominates the centre rear.
Below that, inside the number plate brackets, there are 2 lamps on either side of the numberplate. One is the reverse lamp and the other one is the rear fog lamp! There's a slight color difference between the two.

The V6 doesn't offer the EVER wanted Manual. And according to the salesperson and the website, it is still the same box!!! No 6speed or whatsoever.

Frankly speaking, I am not much excited after seeing it in flesh. But it is still one of the best cars in it's category!! And for the price it's being offered, I still like it. Once more, it proves the New Octavia (is it called Laura here??) is overpriced.

The new Accord is still good overall package for a car. And yes, Arrive Unchallenged!! (But only for a limited time to come)!!!
Old 12th January 2007, 02:41   #29
BHPian

accord is amazing VFM even in the new avatar!! but what surprise me now is the power output from the 2.4, could have been more!!blame it on the adulterated fuel in the country, same engine despatches 185 in the international market!! I love the rear especially those big reverse lamps..Kinda Amercian!!
Old 12th January 2007, 09:44   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
accord is amazing VFM even in the new avatar!! but what surprise me now is the power output from the 2.4, could have been more!!blame it on the adulterated fuel in the country, same engine despatches 185 in the international market!! I love the rear especially those big reverse lamps..Kinda Amercian!!
What more amazing is the 161 PS powering CRV with the same engine. Whats even more amazing is that VGT was'nt detuned for India . Persoanlly Accord has lost its brutish look . Not the best redesign jobs .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks