Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2007, 11:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

2007 belongs to ... ?

Folks, there are a ton of launches in 2007 and it would probably be the most exciting year ever in this history of Indian auto industry. Which car do you think 2007 belongs to??

2005 - Maruti Swift
2006 - Honda Civic
2007 - ???

The new Baleno (assuming priced right) is a serious contender as most of us think. But the dark horse might be the Logan! Scorpio Hybrid(?) maybe? Thoughts?
Old 1st January 2007, 13:31   #2
Senior - BHPian

It belongs to Aveo U-VA http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ar-2007-a.html
Old 1st January 2007, 13:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Folks, there are a ton of launches in 2007 and it would probably be the most exciting year ever in this history of Indian auto industry. Which car do you think 2007 belongs to??

2005 - Maruti Swift
2006 - Honda Civic
2007 - ???

The new Baleno (assuming priced right) is a serious contender as most of us think. But the dark horse might be the Logan! Scorpio Hybrid(?) maybe? Thoughts?
I guess there may not be just one in 2007. It will be the most happening year in Indian Auto sector.
Old 1st January 2007, 13:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

2007 looks like the year for Maruti...but then again FIAT might just spoil the show for maruti with its launches of 007 cars...
Old 1st January 2007, 15:11   #5
BHPian

it's all about the new cars that are coming in like the audi a4 and the bmw series.
Old 2nd January 2007, 09:16   #6
BHPian

2007 - The year of BMW

Look out for BMW....

BMW is going to come up with its 3 series that are assembled in Chennai. The 5 series is likely to follow with the X5, X 3 and the 7 series will be a completely built unit.

BMW is also coming up with its much-hyped Rover Mini. The so called Mk II Mini is going to hit the Indian roads in 2007 in the Cooper and Cooper S badges and the range will be completed with the Mk II Mini One and a diesel variant.
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:03   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Let's leave that joke to that thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravradha View Post
Look out for BMW....

BMW is going to come up with its 3 series that are assembled in Chennai. The 5 series is likely to follow with the X5, X 3 and the 7 series will be a completely built unit.
The Indian car year can't belong to some super luxury car, how many of us can really afford it. Even Civic is a stretch. The Indian 2007 will belong to some car in 4-7lakh range, only time will tell which...
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:55   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
The Indian car year can't belong to some super luxury car, how many of us can really afford it. Even Civic is a stretch. The Indian 2007 will belong to some car in 4-7lakh range, only time will tell which...
If i were asked to bet, i'd put my money on Maruti...

With Alto doing record sales, Estilo already getting big numbers to its credit, WagonR 'duo' being a good success, Swift already being a smash hit, swift diesel coming soon, 800 and omni still managing decent numbers, Baleno all ready to be replaced with a brand new one... And, the dealers here have mentioned that Baleno is going to be launched with the diesel too... And, the new grand vitara, if priced correct (14-15L) can manage some numbers (now that Honda CRV costs big money)

All cars except the esteem are going to bring in good money for Maruti... I think they are going to have a wonderful year...
Old 2nd January 2007, 12:22   #9
Suryam

IMHO,2007 is going to be Diesel car's year -- as lots of manufacturers are releasing their models (petrol cousins) with diesel engines. These Diesels are most probably are with CRDI techonolgy.

Now we have to see which one of them(mfr.) will be winner -- Hyundai, Maruti, Mahindra, Tata

Old 2nd January 2007, 13:53   #10
BHPian

2007 - It is going to be big for both Maruti and Tata i guess. Maruti as described in Januray ACI and Tata are also going to rule the roost with Dicorised Indigo,New Safari(new engine),all new indica and also some from the profit of Palio 1.1
Old 2nd January 2007, 14:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Difficult to answer this question[thread title] since plans of some manufacturers[even government] not clear

1>. Is the Skoda Fabia Sedan with a diesel engine going to be launched in 2007.

2>. Whats the pricing strategy going to be with regards to the Maruti baleno,maruti swift diesel.

3>. Similarly pricing of the Logan,also are they launching their MPV simultaneously.

4>. Will excise duties of all cars be brought to 16%.How will each manufacturer react to this.

5>. Will Honda launch their small car in 2007 itself.

6>.Toyota-my darkhorse for 2007,why because 2006 was a relatively quite year for toyota and we could expect something on this front.

7>.Finally what is going to be the FE figures and the increase in cost of the dicorised Indica's/Indigo's with respect to the present Indica's/Indigo's

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 2nd January 2007 at 14:10.
Old 2nd January 2007, 14:36   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

2007 is going to be a significant year:

1. Maruti will emerge even stronger with their new positioning, models and levels of customer satisfaction.

2. Diesels - Maruti included - are set to rock. Mass produced Common-rail will bring in mass acceptability (read reasonable pricing).

3. The entry level sedan segment is due for a shakeup with the only modern product launch. The Mahindra / Renault Logan. A recent post on Team-BHP indicates that the pricing will be lower than the Indigo!

4. Finally Mercedes has competition with BMWs massive onslaught, varied engine options and fully-loaded specs.

Butttttttttttttt if I were to pick, I'd say that 2007 is going to be Marutis year.
Old 2nd January 2007, 14:43   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
!

4. Finally Mercedes has competition with BMWs massive onslaught, varied engine options and fully-loaded specs.
With 4 dealers and runflat tyres ???? I have a gut feel that Audi might pull a trick or two using Skoda infrastrucuture
Old 2nd January 2007, 14:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Why not toyota ? if they do bring vios, that could be a rude shock to most manufacturers. and toyota in the C segment will mean that the competition is very tough. I'd say toyota/maruti
Old 2nd January 2007, 15:27   #15
Suryam

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Why not toyota ? if they do bring vios, that could be a rude shock to most manufacturers. and toyota in the C segment will mean that the competition is very tough. I'd say toyota/maruti
According another thread in this forum (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-next-car.html) , Vio may be costing more . So it would not shake lower-end segment. If yet all it has to shake , it has to shake higher-end-C-segment of cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks