Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2018, 11:39   #16
SCH
BHPian

Re: S-Cross petrol launch around the corner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
Here is the screenshot :-
Maybe they missed a "6"; 8.1 instead of 8.61.
Old 13th August 2018, 13:14   #17
BHPian

I think it may be just google picking up bits for the ad from old/unpublished pages somewhere on the nexa servers just to match the text searched for.
car-dent is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 15:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Whatever the case, I just hope that Maruti's 1.5L petrol is as sweet as their 1.2L K-Series. That little petrol was a jewel when launched, and still isn't outdated today. I loved revving it in the new Swift. Maruti's big petrols (SX4, Ciaz) have never been impressive and I hope that trend is broken with this new 1.5L.
Agreed! The 1.2 K-series and the 1.5 ivtec are the sweetest NA petrol engines out there. And they aren't exactly new.

Quote:
Meanwhile, thanks to Piyush Shori for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!
Attachment 1789625
Let's hope its not an error from Maruti's office and the 1.6 is actually going to make a comeback It will be a great news and the S-Cross would then again find itself under enthusiasts' radar
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2018, 16:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
1.6 could have been a hit, had Maruti not become greedy with the S-Cross pricing. The Boosterjet 1.0 should have made way to Ciaz and S-Cross as well.
'Ifs' and 'buts' don't mean anything The Boosterjet is history in India except for the Baleno. It is hardly selling in the Baleno which is a segment lower than both the Ciaz and S-cross. How do we expect it to sell a segment higher?
Looks like Suzuki has some smart businessmen running the show and they seem to have an appetite for numbers

Quote:
After driving turbo diesels around I am sure people have gotten used to driving turbo-d cars that do come with some lag.
I have owned 2 turbo diesels in the Ritz and own one in the Hyundai Verna. Absolutely understand 'turbo lag'. Have you ever driven a turbo petrol? It is different from a turbo diesel. I have driven turbo petrols extensively and understand the difference

Quote:
Whatever the case, I just hope that Maruti's 1.5L petrol is as sweet as their 1.2L K-Series.
I hope the same as well. I am keenly looking forward to this as a car for my wife specifically if it comes with an automatic option

Quote:
Meanwhile, thanks to Piyush Shori for sending this image in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts
This may not mean much GTO! Because inorder to come up on top of search engine results, companies put all sorts of terms into their headers - both for paid search (advertised/sponsored results) as well as natural search results

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Woah- wait a minute, what is this? Does this mean that the 1.6 DDIS could make a comeback? Or am I being overly optimistic and this just a misprint/ typographical error which has made an appearance?
Unlikely. This is just keywords that they bid for to get website traffic. They also stuff the html page headers with all sorts of keywords to get to the top of search rankings

Quote:
Agreed! The 1.2 K-series and the 1.5 ivtec are the sweetest NA petrol engines out there. And they aren't exactly new.
Agree. I am hoping the 1.5L from Suzuki will have better low end torque than the 1.5 ivtec. The latter is good for revving but not a dream for city driving

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 13th August 2018 at 16:22.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 17:36   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Chaps at Maruti have rectified the pricing and the AD. No more mention of petrol anywhere

S-Cross petrol launch around the corner?-screenshot_20180814173239_chrome.jpg

BTW , now coming in LPG and CNG too??

S-Cross petrol launch around the corner?-screenshot_20180814173213_chrome.jpg

S-Cross petrol launch around the corner?-screenshot_20180814173223_chrome.jpg

I guess it's nothing but Google's search algorithm at work.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 14th August 2018 at 17:42.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th August 2018, 18:09   #21
BHPian

Can we have some reviews of the new 1.5 petrol engine. I think with the engine launched in Indonesia, we should have the reviews some where.

While I am wishful for the new 1.5 to be plonked in the S-Cross, I'd like to read on the engines behavior.
Old 14th August 2018, 18:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzvxi View Post
Can we have some reviews of the new 1.5 petrol engine. I think with the engine launched in Indonesia, we should have the reviews some where.

Here is the Review of Ertiga by ACI,

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 12:20   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

What my sources have said is that the Petrol S-Cross is still some time away, not in near future. This report claims otherwise - https://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-s-cros...petrol-uv/amp/
Old 24th September 2018, 08:18   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just heard that Maruti is contemplating a launch of the S-Cross petrol before the end of the year.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 08:28   #25
BHPian

Is an S cross petrol really that sought after? The kind of car it is, I'd assume needs more power rather than a petrol engine.
What is, though, beyond me is why is Maruti not considering an automatic for this otherwise excellent crossover.
Old 24th September 2018, 08:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Guys, this is just Search Engine Marketing at work.

MSIL has clearly bid for keywords like S-Cross petrol and CNG. Even if they don't have these offerings at present, they clearly want to drive these traffic to their website (Nexa) and convert those users to pick up the current diesel variants. It is always better than driving these users who research online to the competition.

That is to not say the petrol S-Cross won't make it here. For sure it will.

I think BS6 will close the door for diesel engines for the smaller cars in our market. The high price will ensure that only people with actual high running will pick the diesels up. For the rest, the numbers simply won't play out. But this shouldn't matter for cars above a certain price bracket. The % increase for BS6 will not harm cars like Innova or Compass or a BMW and the low F.E. of their respective petrol offerings will also point prospective owners towards diesel. But I expect to see cars up to 10/15 lakhs to go away from diesels! And even the higher segments when 'proper' hybrids and electric offerings get introduced across brands.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 09:12   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
But I expect to see cars up to 10/15 lakhs to go away from diesels! And even the higher segments when 'proper' hybrids and electric offerings get introduced across brands.
IMO, S Cross petrol in plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) and BS VI configuration will debut some time late 2020 /21

The same with the Global Vitara as there seem to be extensive testing happening in India ( and also Toyota's C-HR) for the same power-train.

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th September 2018 at 09:38.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 10:34   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Just heard that Maruti is contemplating a launch of the S-Cross petrol before the end of the year.
Automotive websites (news feed repositories rather) are already quoting GTO saying launch is due by the year end (sic).

Nevertheless waiting for the pricing details if and when planned. Sales might shift to the petrol or take away a chunk of it from the nexon or the ecosport.
Old 25th September 2018, 20:38   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any possibility of them launching an AT too in Petrol?
Old 25th September 2018, 20:43   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Is there any possibility of them launching an AT too in Petrol?
The Petrol variant of S Cross is mere speculation. Have we seen any test cars of S Cross recently?
It would eventually be launched , may be in late 2019 or 2020 in a BSVI compatible format.

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th September 2018 at 20:49.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed