Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2022, 11:02   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen now offers 7-year extended warranty in India

I have recently bought a 3.5 year old Passat which has extended warranty in till July 2022. I have asked the dealer ( Downtown VW in this case) to allow me to buy the EW for 5th year. They are saying that the window for the same will only open 30 days prior to the expiry date of the current warranty. Is this the current SOP from VW for EW ?

Also just the 5th Year EW is costing 58K.Is it worth the money? I'm in a quandry!
Old 10th December 2022, 19:40   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Also just the 5th Year EW is costing 58K.Is it worth the money? I'm in a quandry!
Hey. Did you go for the extended warranty then ? I am in a similar dilemma with my 4 year old polo gt.
Old 12th December 2022, 12:03   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phro View Post
Hey. Did you go for the extended warranty then ? I am in a similar dilemma with my 4 year old polo gt.
I suggest you go for the extended warranty. My 2016 Polo GT TSI had its DSG gearbox replaced under EW back in 2018/19. I am glad to have taken the EW. But unfortunately, they don't give EW anymore for my car and it's again started showing the check engine light. Keeping my fingers crossed that it's not a gearbox issue again
sanspatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 17:58   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phro View Post
Yes I did. Even though its a lot of money and till now ( 6 months in) I haven't made any claims, it certainly is a lot of peace of mind to know am covered.
Old 11th January 2023, 18:11   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I did. Even though its a lot of money and till now ( 6 months in) I haven't made any claims, it certainly is a lot of peace of mind to know am covered.
but are you really covered ?? So will they replace a defective high pressure fuel pump under warranty or throw the old 'water in you fuel' 3 litre dabba exhibit at their service centre at you !! No way of proving either ways without a lengthy court case and even if you do prove it they refuse to move.
Old 12th January 2023, 09:15   #126
BHPian

We paid 42k (48k less 6K discount) for the 6th year warranty on our GTI.

In the 5th year VW Downtown replaced the bluetooth module, fixed the park selector issue and replaced the parking sensors under warranty. (No questions asked)

Even though the warranty is a bit pricey, it still makes sense for DQ-200 equipped cars.
R.P.M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 21:59   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
but are you really covered ?? So will they replace a defective high pressure fuel pump under warranty or throw the old 'water in you fuel' 3 litre dabba exhibit at their service centre at you !! No way of proving either ways without a lengthy court case and even if you do prove it they refuse to move.
Replacing a Flywheel and the roofliner under warranty. No fuss, no fights, straight forward warranty claim awarded. Looks like the money is well spent.

P.S: Just got my service done and the car just crossed 75K in 4Yr 8 months.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2023, 07:56   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Replacing a Flywheel and the roofliner under warranty. No fuss, no fights, straight forward warranty claim awarded. Looks like the money is well spent.

P.S: Just got my service done and the car just crossed 75K in 4Yr 8 months.
Good for you mate. It seems only HPFP gets their goat then, everything else they are not so picky about.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks