Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 13:39   #16
BANNED

Re: New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport coming to India in 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
How does a Stormer swing ? Left or Right?
Let me begin with a confession, had the Storme V 400 been available with an automatic GB and proper 4WD, I would have purchased it over the Fortuner, Endeavour and the MUX.

Had the Pajero Sport been available in the AT 4WD guise in India, I would have kept/purchased it over its obvious competition.

Let me begin by answering your questions.

Quote:
1. How relevant is the Pajero sport today? (current gen, as it is available in India)
Yes the logical mind would say its irrelevant, dated, dead and some words like that, and thats the precise reason I'm posting this question here- where those who have lived and loved the pajero might answer differently.
The Pajero has never been relevant to the mass market, and probably will never be, in India.
The SFX has its share of issues, the Sport too, however, what they offer, in terms of ride, braking, handling and charisma makes owners overlook their issues.

Look at it as a comparatively luxurious Gypsy, that is all.
Quote:
2. Considering that Mitsubishi wants to stick to its price point, oblivious to the competition, does a pre loved Pajero Sport makes sense
Absolutely, resale isn't great, there are many good examples, and it is a rugged, reliable, faithful truck with simple mechanicals.

Quote:
3.Who are these good folks actually buying the PS even today?
Some like you, who are ok with a manual vehicle at that price, others who swear by its ride comfort, handling and braking, a few fanboys.
Quote:
The few. The brave. Why do they buy it? beyond the obvious reason of the pull of charisma?
Answered above.
Charisma plays its part but drive it over a bad patch of road at double the speed you would drive the Storme/Endeavour/Fortuner and you will know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
Even today the Storme looks impressive and holds it's own against SuV costing twice and more.
Absolutely, that stance, middle row, and the view are legendary, quite like the SFX.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I do own a Pajero SFX and would be more than happy to provide my perspective on Mitsu after-sales service and spare parts scenario.
Spares are not a concern, the ASCs are of course expensive and one needs to be careful, however, since the SFX and the Sport are simple vehicles, mechanically, they can be easily maintained at a good FNG, with affordable spares.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 13:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The SFX has its share of issues, the Sport too, however, what they offer, in terms of ride, braking, handling and charisma makes owners overlook their issues.
Hello n.devdath, could you please elaborate a bit more on the issues faced in the SFX. I have been perennially contemplating buying a used SFX. I was led to believe that its among the most reliable vehicles. What are the most common mechanical failings of the SFX?
Old 16th January 2019, 14:51   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hello n.devdath, could you please elaborate a bit more on the issues faced in the SFX. I have been perennially contemplating buying a used SFX. I was led to believe that its among the most reliable vehicles. What are the most common mechanical failings of the SFX?
It is actually one of the most reliable comparable with the Fortuner (previous generation) Problem will be finding something less than 6 figures on Odo and by my own experience, even if the owner has done everything from dealership or trusted mechanic, chances of fake parts being in use will be very high. There are multiple threads on SFX ownership, apart from one Turbo issue on one, I don't recollect any reports of problems.

Honestly I don't see any reasons of picking up SFX unless you are getting something from known at cheap rates. It will be better, if you look at Fortuner from 2012-14 at slightly higher budget.

Last edited by Turbanator : 16th January 2019 at 14:54.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 20:06   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
What are the most common mechanical failings of the SFX?
1. Engine overheating issues on models that operate in dusty conditions.
2. Engine head gasket leakage on poorly maintained examples.
3. Transfer case sensor failures with age.
n.devdath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 02:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am the first owner of a 2011 model SFX. I am currently at 1.05 lacs and have never faced any issue with the vehicle. The vehicle has been serviced at FNG after the first 3 free services. Apart from a clutch replacement at 90k there is nothing else that was "required". I did proactively replace a lot of other stuff including full suspension and steering components and other things just for my peace of mind although there was reasonable life still left.

I have never faced any overheating or any other issue at all in the last 8 years. The only thing I have followed religiously is a service every 5k kms. The service consists of engine oil and filter change and other general stuff and costs around Rs. 3000/-.

The engine and gearbox have never missed a beat and I have driven all over India in temperatures as low as -15 at times.

It just starts every single time and keeps going on and on. I haven't even had to top up the coolant in the last 9 years. I did change it twice though. I think that sums up the reliability issue for the SFX. If you need any more information please let me know or look up my Pajero thread.
Traveler is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 22:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
1. Engine overheating issues on models that operate in dusty conditions.
2. Engine head gasket leakage on poorly maintained examples.
3. Transfer case sensor failures with age.
Won't agree with any of the above, being a Pajero SFX owner. Have you owned one or are these mere speculations?
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 14:51   #22
BHPian

2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport facelift teased, arriving in India this year

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport coming to India in 2019-mitsubishipajerosport2383f.jpg

The company has announced in this teaser video that it will unveil the new Pajero Sport on 25 July in Thailand. The Pajero Sport facelift is expected to arrive in India with a BS VI 2.4 litre four-cylinder turbodiesel engine producing a maximum output of 181 PS and a peak torque of 430 Nm. An eight-speed automatic transmission and a 4WD system should be standard. Expect the facelifted model to cost around INR 30 lakh.

IndianAutosBlog
jailbird_fynix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 21:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

What's the point of launching new cars without a service network. Mitsubishi has excellent vehicles and engineering but next to zero presence for service and support. Owners like me really love the cars they make but feel orphaned in absence of a service network.
Traveler is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 21:24   #24
BHPian

CBU? with a 25 Lacs+ tag? Why would you bring this in 1st place?
Old 13th July 2019, 23:31   #25
BHPian

This seriously looks like a very good competitor to the fortuner.Endeavour still is better than the new version of the Pajero .But as pointed out in the forum ,no point in launching cars in India even if their cars are bullet proof in terms of reliability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What's the point of launching new cars without a service network. Mitsubishi has excellent vehicles and engineering
.Owners like me really love the cars they make but feel orphaned in absence of a service network.
Very true.On a side note ,saw the dark horse today at my school,identified it by the Himalayan Motorsport sticker .Kudos to you for maintaining it so well even !!
Old 14th July 2019, 00:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIVTEC View Post
This seriously looks like a very good competitor to the fortuner.Endeavour still is better than the new version of the Pajero .But as pointed out in the forum ,no point in launching cars in India even if their cars are bullet proof in terms of reliability.

Very true.On a side note ,saw the dark horse today at my school,identified it by the Himalayan Motorsport sticker .Kudos to you for maintaining it so well even !!
Thanks for your comment. I was at my son's school today, probably that where you saw the dark horse. Do you study there.

Last edited by Traveler : 14th July 2019 at 00:53.
Old 14th July 2019, 20:41   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your comment. I was at my son's school today, probably that where you saw the dark horse. Do you study there.
Yes I do study there. I actually got to know about the dark horse from your son.We had some long discussions about it.Then I landed upon this thread on team bhp

Last edited by TSIVTEC : 14th July 2019 at 20:49.
Old 19th July 2019, 16:12   #28
BHPian

The 2019 Pajero Sport spied prior to its global debut on July 25 (Source)

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport coming to India in 2019-1image.jpeg

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport coming to India in 2019-image-2.jpeg

New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport coming to India in 2019-image-1.jpeg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 17:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Sure looks like an overweight elephant. How on earth can this be called an SUV, looks more like an MUV. I wonder how this will behave offroad with all that bulk hanging around. Dont know what's happening to the designers. Compare this with the Classic Pajero and one realizes how purposeful were the yesteryear SUV's.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2019, 18:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont know what's happening to the designers. Compare this with the Classic Pajero and one realizes how purposeful were the yesteryear SUV's.
Everyone is going the "fluidic" way - pick any contemporary SUV these days and they all look the same The only SUV that has managed to retain some of the old-school character is the Endeavour. Of all the SUVs available today, I am still a sucker for good old boxy looks of the Force Gurkha Xtreme (barring that ugly looking snorkel) and the elusive Jimny.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks