Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 21:22   #76
BHPian

Re: Video: Etios owners stage mass protest against Toyota

I found following information about ND series engine (1.4 D-4D in Etios and Altis) from www.toyota-club.net.
Quote:
..One of the most problematic diesel engine with a large list of "warranty" diseases - cylinder head to block mounting, overheating, destruction of turbine, high oil consumption and even excessive discharge of fuel into the crankcase with the recommendation of the subsequent replacement of the cylinder block..
The website seems to be a very detailed technical knowledgebase on Toyota products. However, a lot of information is in Russian, so some translation is needed.

Notes:
  • Link for ND Engine.
  • Detailed technical specifications and diagrams for GD Engine (Current engine of Innova and Fortuner).
  • Piston crack issue with KD Engine (Previous engine of Innova and Fortuner).
  • Link for Chain vs Belt

Anyway, Toyota is in process of phasing out almost all of its diesel powertrains. They already announced that 2018 is last year for diesel model availability in Europe.
sarthakgupta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 20:05   #77
Senior - BHPian

Re: Video: Etios owners stage mass protest against Toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
I always thought the 'crown for engine oil consumption' went to TATA.
Was talking of the present day. Post Maruti.

Kirloskar had a couple of drop in replacements for the Ambassador (RET3) and Jeep (RET4). Now those could really keep the lube oil manufacturers in business.

Talking of days gone by, the first (oil) leakproof engine I came across was the XDP. Every other engine would cover itself with a film of oil and dust, and mark the floor of its parking slot.

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks