Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2018, 13:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched

They are just ending up acknowledging the Desirability and aspirational value of their competitor and asking people to choose them as an alternative.

This marketing strategy is bound to be a disaster, even if the product turns out decent.
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 18:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tigor facelift leaked ahead of launch

The upcoming Tata Tigor facelift has leaked online. The latest images reveal the various updates made to the compact sedan.

The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-tigorfaceliftspy2.jpg

The spy images indicate that the Tigor facelift will receive revised headlamps with projectors and chrome inserts, chrome trim along the grille, bumper and around the fog lamp pods. The car gets blacked-out B-pillars with a chrome strip along the window line. It has ORVMs with integrated turn signals, clear lens tail lamps, a shark fin antenna and 5-spoke dual-tone alloy wheels. On the inside, this particular car is equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system, bigger than the one currently offered. The centre console itself has a silver fascia, while the 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel has been retained.

The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-tigorfaceliftspy1.jpg

Reports suggest that Tata is likely to add a new XZ+ variant to the Tigor line-up. It is rumoured to get features like rear centre armrest with cupholders, height adjustable driver seat, power folding ORVMs, shark fin antenna and a new blue exterior colour option.

The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-tigorfaceliftspy4.jpg

The Tigor facelift is expected to use the same engines as its predecessor. It is likely to be offered with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that produces 84 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm @ 3,500 rpm and a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder diesel that puts out 69 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 140 Nm @ 1,800-3,000 rpm. Transmission options might include a 5-speed manual and a 5-speed AMT.

The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-tigorfaceliftspy3.jpg

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 19:23   #18
BHPian

The tail lights look a bit like the new Fiesta as they are transparent. Not a bad thing.

Maybe a cladding around the rear number plate would have helped to make it look a tad wider.
digitalnirvana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 21:48   #19
BHPian

Lets hope they make dual airbags and ABS standard. The prices might rise only by a few thousands but will get them quite a few budget buyers especially when all the other options - Amaze, Dzire and Aspire all have it as standard.
Ragavsr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 06:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

Here is new one targeted at Amaze
Latheesh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 07:48   #21
BHPian

After all this Target Marketing being done by TATA for the Tigor Facelift, if they don't sort the root issue with Tigor, of being under-powered. TATA will end up hurting its own Brand Value.

With the strong current product line of Tigo, Nexon, HEXA and Tigor they have build back the trust of the buyer. And with all the excitement of the next big launch Harrier. I for one feel TATA would best be suited to build brand trust then harm it by Target Marketing & not Delivering.

I posted this message on Tata Twitter Handle and received a like (Heart). But no response, don't know what to infer from it.. (is there a new heart in Tigor?)

I hope so.
rajchetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 08:35   #22
BHPian

My family had been a TATA fan base. After two TATA Estates, One Sumo, Two Indicas, one Nano and one Manza later, everyone has realised the a good product is of no use if it is not supplemented and supported by a good service.

Till BU Bhandari was the official service point, my cars ran flawlessly. Once that was taken off, my cars started developing all sorts of niggles. Pandit Auto and Concorde together screwed up my TATA ownership experience.

Pandit auto picked up my stranded Nano and banged it on the way to the workshop. After too many arguments, they finally agreed and repaired the damages. Concorde is even funnier, they replaced the lower arm and suspension components of my car and delivered it to me without a QC. All the nuts and bolts were loose and the car swerved and rattled horribly. After three visits, it finally got sorted but the car was again delivered with bad wheel alignment.

If these nut cases can’t do a simple job effectively for a Nano, how will they ever be able to service complex technology that TATA puts in their latest cars?

Result is that I decided to never buy any car from TATA even if it is the best in the category.

A couple of weeks ago, TATA lost an opportunity when I went against my wife’s wish for a TATA Nexon. I replaced my wifeys ageing car with a top of the line i20 diesel and she’s all happy with it. Sometime back too, TATA lost their opportunity to get back in my garage.

Conclusion: Bad service costs you loyal customers and then more since they turn out to be bad advertising boards for your brand.

Last edited by roadrunner_nv : 9th October 2018 at 08:37. Reason: Spell check
roadrunner_nv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 17:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Tigor facelift to get revised engine, new XZ+ trim

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this page!

The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-tigorfaceliftspy2.jpg

The Tata Tigor facelift is likely to be launched on October 10, 2018. The updated model will be offered in 4 variants - XE, XM, XZ and a new top-spec XZ+ trim. The XT variant will no longer be available.

Reports also suggest that Tata Motors has commenced sales training for the Tigor facelift. The production of the outgoing model was stopped a few months back.

Recent spy images of the car have already revealed most of the changes made to the Tigor. The facelift will get minor tweaks to the front end and clear lens tail lamps. The car will come with a larger touchscreen infotainment system. Also, the Tigor will be offered in a new blue exterior colour.

While the engine options are expected to remain the same, reports suggest that Tata Motors has tweaked the engines in order to reduce noise and vibrations. The current Tigor is offered with a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine which makes 84 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm @ 3,500 rpm and a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder diesel that puts out 69 BHP @ 4,000 rpm and 140 Nm @ 1,800-3,000 rpm. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and 5-speed AMT.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 18:14   #24
PCS
BHPian

Why arent they targetting xcent ? (After aspire, dzire, amaze)

Is it just because harrier will adopt tucson gearbox ! Is tata brewing something with hyundai ?
PCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 22:05   #25
BHPian

Plonk a good engine under the hood & it will appeal to many more. Tata has pointed itself in the right direction, just needs to kick start.
Old 10th October 2018, 12:36   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Tigor face-lift, price starts at ₹5.20-6.65 lakh (petrol/petrol amt) and ₹6.09-7.38 lakh (diesel).

Quote:
Addition of a new top-spec XZ+ trim, equipped with a 7.0-inch Harman-sourced touchscreen infotainment system (with Android Auto compatibility) that doubles as a display for the reverse camera.

Additional features on the Tigor XZ+ include faux-leather upholstery, driver's side seat-height adjust, power-folding wing mirrors with integrated turn indicators and a shark-fin antenna

The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-1.jpg

The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-4.jpg
The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-2.jpg
The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-3.jpg

- Biggest addition is the new 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system by Harman, with Android Auto compatibility.

- Comes with an updated grill, headlights, LED tail lights and 15-inch dual-tone alloys

- Brand new Egyptian Blue.

- Prices: ( ex-showroom)
XE 5.2
XM 5.55
XZ 5.95
XZ+ 6.49
XZA 6.65

Diesel:

XE 6.09
XM 6.41
XZ 6.84
XZ+ 7.38

Source: launch tweets

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th October 2018 at 12:50.
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 13:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

I am actually disappointed on two counts:

1. No AT offered in the top variant
2. The price difference between MT and AMT is 70k . Manufacturers have now started milking AT customers.
StarrySky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 13:15   #28
BHPian

That blue shade does look wow! and along with the new headlamps makes the car appear more premium.
Front chrome is tasteful too whereas the rear one is too much.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 13:25   #29
Team-BHP Support

CarandBike posted an unveil video -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 13:43   #30
BHPian

The Tigor official website shows that AMT is available in XZA+ variant as well. Is that a mistake on the website or it wasn't announced during the launch?

The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-screenshot_20181010134037.png

The Tata Tigor Facelift, now launched-screenshot_20181010134020.png
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks