Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2018, 14:48   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: CarTrade certified car turns out to be a flood-damaged, total loss vehicle - Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
Thankfully the country is still not under such a state of chaos that one would need to have such conversation with someone accompanying you
When in such situations, one tends to get overwhelmed and lose focus if the discussion doesn't go your way. It helps to have someone with you to ensure you don't get short-changed because you got angry. That is why I recommended so.

On your point, this might prompt you to change your mind:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ml#post4337851 (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India)
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...r-india-7.html (ARTICLE: How to buy a *USED* Car in India)

Quote:
Realistically speaking though, not sure if I am inclined to waste any more of my time on what will be a relatively small sum
Practically speaking, it might help to just settle it and move on. The dealer has smartly, subtly convinced you that it is the better option.

I'd reiterate that you must bring this to the attention of Ford and CarTrade (especially on LinkedIn). This is unlikely an isolated incident, or one out of oversight. The settlement and blowing-the-whistle cannot go hand-in-hand though.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th December 2018 at 14:55.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2018, 00:47   #32
BHPian

Re: CarTrade certified car turns out to be a flood-damaged, total loss vehicle - Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Gat

Practically speaking, it might help to just settle it and move on. The dealer has smartly, subtly convinced you that it is the better option.

I'd reiterate that you must bring this to the attention of Ford and CarTrade (especially on LinkedIn). This is unlikely an isolated incident, or one out of oversight. The settlement and blowing-the-whistle cannot go hand-in-hand though.
I am not convinced that it is the better option...just that it’s the more convenient option considering the amount of time I’ll end up spending on the other option.
Also, when I say I felt that the dealer is not lying, it was based on the subtle cues that you pick when In a face to face convo...
Having said that, I also considered the possibility that these subtle cues could be a double bluff.. especially because I dropped In the fact that I do have a channel (albeit tenuous but obviously I won’t let him know that) to reach out to cartrade sr mgmt... ( and he did get a call from cartrade on the matter) so it’s possible that he may be in cohorts with local cartrade agents and thus would try to dissuade me from pursuing this further...

However, even if my latter hypothesis is true, it probably works more to my advantage as in the latter case, he has even stronger reasons to offer a fair settlement so that I don’t pursue it further

My best case outcome is an at par settlement followed by a settlement with a minor loss
If he offers. a deeply discounted settlement then I will have to pursue this further
Not particularly keen on getting another used car as an offset given this experience and the rather particular use case associated with this vehicle

I just hope this time sink of an episode closes soon

Last edited by abhi182 : 13th December 2018 at 00:53.
Old 17th December 2018, 21:02   #33
BHPian

Update: The dealers refunded 90% of the price paid yesterday
Handed over the car to him today

Of the remaining 10%, he says he will make good on some of it/ all of it once he is able to sort it out with the seller

Since the dealer has been helpful, I decided not to be pig-headed and went with this..
If he does refund the remaining part, great!
If not, I will mentally file this away as cost for using the car for a couple of months

PS: I had brought the car to pick-up/drop my kid from his play-school
Over the last two months, we decided to change his timing from 4 hours to 7 hours as he enjoys being there a lot more than being with a nanny at home- thus May not even need a car (as I now drop him on my way to work and wife picks him on way back)
All the trouble aside, I guess it is an acceptable outcome
abhi182 is offline   (21) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks