Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2019, 17:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Superb Corporate Edition launched at Rs. 23.99 lakh

Skoda has launched the 2019 Superb Corporate Edition priced at Rs. 23.99 lakh (ex-showroom). It will be offered exclusively to existing Skoda customers.

Skoda Superb Corporate Edition launched at Rs. 23.99 lakh-superb-corp.png

The Superb Corporate Edition looks similar to the standard car. It has a wide radiator grille with chrome inserts and Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) that respond to changes in light and weather conditions and has cornering function. Inside, it comes with dark brushed trim and stone beige leather upholstery. The car comes equipped with an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that has MirrorLink, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support. It has 3-zone automatic climate control and puddle lamps located under the ORVMs.

The Superb Corporate Edition is available with a 1.8-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that produces 177 BHP and 320 Nm of torque and comes paired with a 6-speed manual transmission. An automatic variant might be introduced later.

The Superb Corporate Edition is available in two colour options - Candy White and Magnetic Brown.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 17:15   #2
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb Corporate Edition launched at Rs. 23.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Skoda has launched the 2019 Superb Corporate Edition priced at Rs. 23.99 lakh (ex-showroom). It will be offered exclusively to existing Skoda customers.
I’m sorry but what ? Offered exclusively to existing customers? What is this ? A la Ferrari ? So if I went to a showroom and asked for a superb corporate edition the cheapest most affordable variant of the superb , I would get turned down because I’m not special enough? 😂 Hilarious stuff.
nakul0888 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 17:29   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
I’m sorry but what ? Offered exclusively to existing customers? What is this ? A la Ferrari ? So if I went to a showroom and asked for a superb corporate edition the cheapest most affordable variant of the superb , I would get turned down because I’m not special enough? 😂 Hilarious stuff.
MAybe the ones who bought Suberb will need a replacement quicker than others due to the service.
Tapish is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 18:01   #4
AYP
Senior - BHPian

I really hate the idea of denying other customers the choice to opt for this car. They may have their own reasons, maybe they want it to sell only in limited numbers, but achieving that by excluding a large chunk of prospective customers is not the way Skoda should go ahead with this.

On a lighter note- This may have made sense if this was offered only to Skoda customers with a DQ200 equipped car . Then their exclusion tactics may have been accepted atleast by us BHPians.

Last edited by AYP : 16th January 2019 at 18:04.
AYP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 18:51   #5
BHPian

I recall there was a similarly specced out corporate edition launch last year as well:
Skoda Superb Corporate Edition launched in India: Price cut by Rs 2 lakh

It seems that this press release is meant to confirm the continuation of this variant for the current model year.

Moreover i couldn't identify any differences from the standard Style MT variant currently on sale. When i last checked with customer care, Style MT was also restricted to only two color options. It doesn't help that the brochure available on the site seems to be the same version since the cars initial launch.

Maybe more keen observers can comment if they see any differences or is this merely a discount for existing customers looking to upgrade ? Cool loyalty bonus i must day.
theMandarin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 21:15   #6
BHPian

This just seems like a marketing gimmick to make the existing skoda customers feel special and part of something exclusive, i am pretty sure if you walked in and wanted to buy this they will not refuse looking at the sale numbers of Superb. The question is why introduce a corporate model in manual only why not a basic diesel/petrol automatic which would would really boost sales.
vap2151 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 21:29   #7

What is the main difference between this and the style variant?
Old 16th January 2019, 21:40   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

It's just formally acknowledging the existing discounts on the Style variant and I commend Skoda for doing this. By lowering the ex-showroom price, they are also reducing the RTO taxes, insurance and other state-specific ad-valorem cesses etc.

This is unlike VW which is trying to flog the Passat Connect edition with a discount rather than a real price cut. RTOs are still charging as per the official price list filed with them which has not changed.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 22:14   #9
BHPian

Can someone please shed light on what is this trim's target audience? It is surely not aimed at the private customers since it's the base trim and not even to fleet operators, since it is a luxury sedan. On top of that, the very small group that would buy it will become even smaller due to their policy on only selling it to existing Skoda customers.
Old 16th January 2019, 22:40   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
This is unlike VW which is trying to flog the Passat Connect edition with a discount rather than a real price cut. RTOs are still charging as per the official price list filed with them which has not changed.

I enquired with dealers right around the time when the ‘Connect’ edition variants were launched. After a bit of haggling they confirmed this to be the ex-showroom price and the registration charged would be calculated accordingly. Plus the website also lists them as separate variants.

But i believe one member just purchased the car and had it registered on the full pre-discount amount so there’s that.

It would be easier in states where the buyer gets the car registered on his own rather via the dealer.
theMandarin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 23:15   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

This is purely a marketing gimmick. The same style Petrol MT was priced at 22.68 lakhs at launch. So now, Skoda is trying to make this sound like a great deal, but it is not.

https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...aunched/24742/
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 23:28   #12
BHPian

Earlier, I saw (Honda City base ‘S’ variant discontinued — Starting price now Rs 9.75 lakhs)this post by GTO and that pretty much sums up what this car is about.

A great starting price to get customers in through the door. When the see this variant and then the properly trimmed one, they will go for that - what's a few extra lakhs for someone buying a luxury car in the range of 25 big ones?
Games Goblin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 07:49   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Can someone please shed light on what is this trim's target audience? It is surely not aimed at the private customers....
It is definitely aimed at the private customer. This customer may not be present in the mega metros but is surely present in some of the other larger cities where consumers are developing the taste of luxury products.
Real world example - Customer from Surat, interested in upgrading to a Skoda from the existing Japanese car that he drives visits Skoda showroom for the Octavia. Dealer sees an opportunity here and pitches the Corporate edition. Pitches it as a car which is 1 segment above the Octavia (which is also a fact). Customer falls for the deal and books it. Mind you this customer is not concerned with power or even the gear box - MT or AT.
Getting a much bigger car for almost the same budget that you have is an absolute winner in his mind.
Maverick1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 08:47   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Customer from Surat, interested in upgrading to a Skoda from the existing Japanese car that he drives visits Skoda showroom for the Octavia. Dealer sees an opportunity here and pitches the Corporate edition. Pitches it as a car which is 1 segment above the Octavia (which is also a fact). Customer falls for the deal and books it. Mind you this customer is not concerned with power or even the gear box - MT or AT
They won't sell a car to him as he doesn't have a Skoda already. That's what's the flaw in Skoda's plan
porsche_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 09:03   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakul0888 View Post
They first want us to buy a Rapid and then exchange it on the spot with a Superb. Good trick to double the sales in one go
tarik.arora is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed