Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2020, 14:24   #31
BHPian

Re: The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh

4500 Km update. On a bad road there is squeaky sound from the sun roof and the doors. (Doors do not have frames around the glass). This sound is irritating and I guess caused because of the dusty condition of Gurgaon. Perhaps the dust settles in the grooves. Any thoughts on using some lubricant/ equipment to solve this irritating squeaky sound?
Old 7th December 2020, 17:59   #32
BHPian

Have you tried blasting in compressed air into the groves? You can buy those by the can in computer shops, they're used to blast away dust from CPU/GPU fans and other things.
DeathPig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 10:26   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkashyap View Post
4500 Km update. On a bad road there is squeaky sound from the sun roof and the doors. (Doors do not have frames around the glass). This sound is irritating and I guess caused because of the dusty condition of Gurgaon. Perhaps the dust settles in the grooves. Any thoughts on using some lubricant/ equipment to solve this irritating squeaky sound?
Hey Ashish, just checking whether you were able to get around this issue and any other long term ownership update that you would like to share?

On the ground clearance bit, does it only scrape the really steep ones or even the regular ones can cause an issue? Trying to gauge if this can be a daily car option for a family of two.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 10th July 2021 at 10:28. Reason: spacing for improved readability
Old 19th September 2021, 01:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshc View Post
Hey Ashish, just checking whether you were able to get around this issue and any other long term ownership update that you would like to share?

On the ground clearance bit, does it only scrape the really steep ones or even the regular ones can cause an issue? Trying to gauge if this can be a daily car option for a family of two.
I ended up selling my Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe. Why did i do so in the next post. It does scrape a lot even on the regular ones. Very hard to have used this vehicle in cities like Gurgaon.
ashishkashyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 01:35   #35
BHPian

So why did I get rid of the Merc C 43 AMG Coupe?

1. Very poor drive on slow speeds/ city conditions. It felt like dragging the vehicle.
2. Very very low clearance. Would hit even small speed breakers.
3. Door frames, Sun roof etc started making irritating squeaky sounds.
4. The tyres in cold condition would make a rumbling sound with jerks while turning.
5. Low availability of high Octane fuel
6. Average sound system.

In the end, I stopped enjoying this machine and went back to driving my BMW 530D F10 and hence decided exit the ownership of the C43 AMG.

The last few pictures of this beautiful looking (and sounding) machine.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-img_3768.jpg  

The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-img_3654.jpg  

The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-img_3764.jpg  

The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-img_3762.jpg  

The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-img_2813.jpg  

ashishkashyap is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 23:37   #36

Bought mine a few months ago.

Done 9000 km. I have to say no complaints yet. (Except fuel consumption, of course!)
Beautifully crafted vehicle.
The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-e992e8a0460c45789815c72a3c97b9b6.jpeg

The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-4fe3bea22aa0426e84baa9a75631a453.jpeg

The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-c115633db9f144d2ab7d3029ce78cbd9.jpeg
aasheeshchopra is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 11:18   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasheeshchopra View Post
Bought mine a few months ago.

Done 9000 km. I have to say no complaints yet. (Except fuel consumption, of course!)
Beautifully crafted vehicle.
Thanks for sharing! The car looks quite stunning. Have you faced any issues with ground clearance (assuming it's more than a weekend car for good roads) or any of the rattling issues ashishkashyap@ mentioned?
animeshc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 18:37   #38
BHPian

Quote:

1. Very poor drive on slow speeds/ city conditions. It felt like dragging the vehicle.
4. The tyres in cold condition would make a rumbling sound with jerks while turning.
6. Average sound system.

In the end, I stopped enjoying this machine and went back to driving my BMW 530D F10 and hence decided exit the ownership of the C43 AMG.

Ashish,

I too was in the same boat, drove F10 530D for couple of years and then the performance petrol bug bit me and i also shopped between usual prospects i.e. C 43 Coupe, BMW M340i and Audi S5. I wanted to have a perfect combo of road presence and awesome performance, something which was worthy enough of exciting me over an already awesome car i.e. 530D and hence after throughly testing all three cars i finally bought myself an Audi S5. The Audi is still bit lower than the 530D but trust me never had any issues on Gurgaon roads and the ride quality is even more forgiving than the 530D but at the same time is a very neutral handling car on corners and straight line. You must consider this or the RS5 and I'm sure you'll come out impressed. I'm loving everyday of my ownership and would not go back to my 530D. The optional B&O speakers in the Audi are truly Audiophile category!

Regards,
Ashish.
Old 18th January 2022, 02:35   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Ashish,

I too was in the same boat, drove F10 530D for couple of years and then the performance petrol bug bit me and i also shopped between usual prospects i.e. C 43 Coupe, BMW M340i and Audi S5. I wanted to have a perfect combo of road presence and awesome performance, something which was worthy enough of exciting me over an already awesome car i.e. 530D and hence after throughly testing all three cars i finally bought myself an Audi S5. The Audi is still bit lower than the 530D but trust me never had any issues on Gurgaon roads and the ride quality is even more forgiving than the 530D but at the same time is a very neutral handling car on corners and straight line. You must consider this or the RS5 and I'm sure you'll come out impressed. I'm loving everyday of my ownership and would not go back to my 530D. The optional B&O speakers in the Audi are truly Audiophile category!

Regards,
Ashish.
Congrats! Do share the link to your post on the S5. Will surely test drive it once the virus settles down
Old 23rd January 2022, 15:18   #40

Quote:
Congrats! Do share the link to your post on the S5. Will surely test drive it once the virus settles down
Quote:

6. Average sound system.

Hi Sir,

I actually ended up picking this one up in July last year - thanks for keeping her so well!

I'm absolutely loving this car. I use it daily and have done a few trips out as well - Uttarakhand and Udaipur. Have put a little over 12,000 kms since July. It's not so stock anymore either :P

I feel that if you want a very exciting daily - this is a fantastic car. And I can never stop looking at it.

Adding a few photos of this beauty!
Attached Thumbnails
The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-97923cf4cd464af099d74157aa599248.jpg  

The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-img_3944.jpg  

The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-screenshot-20220123-3.15.17-pm.png  

The Mercedes-AMG C 43 Coupé, now launched at Rs 75 lakh-img_3705.jpg  

ssbb1808 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks